The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sometimes Good Teams Lose

Flintigen

It is absolutely hilarious listening to the garbage posted on these forums since we went down 2-0. It makes me completely embarrassed to be a part of this fan base. Even Yankee fans, despite winning 25% of all championships, cheer their icons and don't act like such brats despite having much more of a chance to win year in and year out than we do.

All the fools that wanted us to get tougher are now mad we did so.

All the Kesler lovers, constantly quoting beast mode, now want him traded.

A few special morons think that it is more Canadian's we need because there is no way anyone not from here can have the elusive "heart".

I bet half the fools that coined the phrase "Believe in MG" now want him fired, for who exactly?

Great teams sometimes lose and don't meet expectations, see Detroit. I think it is neat you are 18 and clueless but we barely even kept this team after the debacle that was the late 1990's.

Most of you seem to expect and demand success that goes beyond what any team can realistically deliver, despite doing what? Taking 3 classes and getting a B in school? When you actually amount to something, which most of you won't, then criticize elite players that fall just short of their goals.

When you actually achieve true success and are at the top of whatever profession you choose (7-11 Manager for most of you) then feel free to be hard on those that just miss out on helping you achieve your dreams.

With the team we have had the last 2 years winning a cup isn't wishful thinking, its expected. I don't care how good LA is playing, the way we are playing is simply unacceptable. Ramble off all the stats of those other teams and how they have had bad years but all those teams have multiple championships mostly because when they had a championship caliber lineup they delivered.

You are totally right great team do lose at times. Do great teams that won the presidents trophy back to back have a chance to be swept? Honestly you said that other people say we don't have heart, the first period is done and who is playing like it is their last game of the year?

And I agree with another poster that posted that this is the 4th game and the coaching staff hasn't change a single game plan in the whole series. Alain Vignault is the main reason why the Canucks are in this situation, the Canucks have been playing with no effort for 3 months now? Prime example of the first goal Raymond makes a bone head play and he isn't benched? What the hell is that all about he out a minute later, he shouldn't have played another minute in this game.

Archived