The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sportsnet Article Re Luongo Trade Having "green Light"

metanoia

For all the people still thinking about trading Luongo and any associated conversations, CapGeek tweeted this today:

Lots of questions about Roberto Luongo's NTC. He has a full NTC but it does have a few stipulations. #NHL #Canucks

Most pertinent Luongo NTC stipulation is that after final 2013-14 game, he can supply five-team trade list valid through July 15, 2014.

Note that's *trade list*, not *no-trade list* ...

Take a look at goaltender salaries league-wide. If you think Lu's contract is "on the higher side" you are going to be disappointed when Schneider asks for 5M+, or else refuses to sign a long-term deal (maybe 2 years at 4M per) so that he can get paid like a legit starter in a couple of years.

Luongo is our franchise goalie and Schneider, despite playing well in a few spot-starts, will be lucky if he's ever the goalie Luongo is today.

Don't get fooled by Schneider's great stats in the regular season - playing 30 games and being managed well by the coaching staff means he never had to witness fatigue mentally or physically - the one time he did was after he played 7 consecutive games and he was awful in the final of those games, which just shows that he can break too.

Luongo is a professional and understands the mental and physical grind, whereas Schneider does not. He's played 2 playoff games so far and hasn't had much workload in a while, so we can't rely on this guy, even if we miraculously make it past the 1st round.

I guarantee you now, Schneider will falter if he isn't kept on by the Canucks and given 40ish games. He's not ready for 60+ games on a terrible team, but as he's still a young goalie he needs to be groomed carefully or he'll end up as just another bust if his development is ruined by a bad team who wants to try and ride him hard during the season.

I guarantee you now, Schneider will falter if he isn't kept on by the Canucks and given 40ish games. He's not ready for 60+ games on a terrible team, but as he's still a young goalie he needs to be groomed carefully or he'll end up as just another bust if his development is ruined by a bad team who wants to try and ride him hard during the season.

I highly doubt his agent was green lighted right now. Why stir up emotions in the dressing room. Luo didnt lose us game 1 and 2. If anything after the playoffs were over for the canucks, Only thing i can think of is Luos agent is thinking Luo has to think of teams he wants to goto,

Lou s time here is done. The Schneider starts were the final straw for Lou, guaranteed. How can he come back now, knowing that the coaching staff doesn t trust him? Schneider has become endeared to the fans. He fought and clawed his way to where he is now, and having to back up a top end goalie like Lou. He never whined or complained, instead, behaving like a true pro, never creating controversy through interviews. He s a true team player and, in my eyes has earned the starting position. He s been a Canuck from day 1, keep him a Canuck. Gotta give Lou credit. He s also been a true team player. He could make a big deal over all the controversy but he has nt. Wherever he goes, I hope he succeeds (as long as it s not against us).

Take a look at goaltender salaries league-wide. If you think Lu's contract is "on the higher side" you are going to be disappointed when Schneider asks for 5M+, or else refuses to sign a long-term deal (maybe 2 years at 4M per) so that he can get paid like a legit starter in a couple of years.

Luongo is the Canucks franchise goaltender. Why do so many people have a problem with his play and personality ?

The guy has put up amazing numbers over his career and more so since joining Vancouver. There is no lost trust between Luongo and the team / coaching staff. That is insane.

Not to mention how good a team player Luongo is, publically stating he wants to play but will be the best teamate possible if he is not playing games and will support his teamates. What an awful guy. Won gold with Team Canada, took the Canucks to the Stanley Cup Finals last season and was probably the best Canuck throughout games 1 and 2 this series.

Can we please stop bashing the guy or acting as if he is already awaiting a trade out of Vancouver.

Some people here really don't understand how lucky they are to have Luongo in Vancouver. That's a shame!

I hope he gets traded and wins a cup with another team just to shove it HARD up all the haters asses and make them look like even bigger morons. And given how many ex canucks went on to win cups with other teams that can easily happen

Archived