The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

From All The Canucks I've Met..

nux4lyfe

..or ex-Canucks for that sake...Trevor Linden is by far the most humble, nicest 'uncocky' player I've ever met in my life...I got a chance to meet a lot of Canucks in my life so far, and by far this guy is a true Captain and hero...has zero arrogance and is 100% so real with you...why am i posting this @ this point?..because I have my reasons ;)..wish we still had his leadership!

Willie Mitchell was a real cool guy, really nice. Henrik and Daniel were also really nice, even though my meeting with them was rushed they were cool. My cousin didn't know which one was, but they laughed it off and told him which Sedin they were.

Also met Ryan Kesler, guy was kind of an a**, he was kind of angry for some reason. Pretty rude guy, I asked him to sign 3 things and he said "You want me to sign this too, pfft." But he did sign it still, I still like Kesler though.

Not me, it was an interview on BCTV:

Linden had the famous interview during the 1994 Lockout:

BCTV (now Global Vancouver) : Trevor, with player salaries going so high driving up ticket prices it is getting to the point where families cannot attend NHL games anymore. What is your comment on that?

Linden: "They can go to the carnival then"

Linden pissed on the fans and spent the rest of his career trying to make them forget his real feelings of selfishness.

It's important to provide links in order to verify the quotes.

If not, it's all hearsay and rumours.

While it's ok to present a different opinion and it doesn't, necessarily, have to be a flowery-positive one, slandering someone needs to come with some sort of validation. Which is why some of your previous posts were removed/edited. Besides, I don't remember reading about a harassment case filed by a waitress. So, anything less is he said-she said stuff and you must keep in mind that, when people are in the presence of "celebrities", they'll sometimes exaggerate things to make their story more impressive. We owe it to Trevor to NOT post crap like that without having it substantiated...God knows, he's done enough for this city to have earned at least that.

Even if what you've stated is true - people can mature and, if they learn from their mistakes, as you've suggested, then do we really need to crucify them? I tend to be a bit more forgiving and if someone's tried to make amends, then perhaps that means something? From EVERY interaction I've ever had with Trevor, he's been nothing but courteous, gracious and, well, awesome and that's the consensus from everyone I've ever known who's met him.

So, what you're posting goes against the grain and, therefore, comes with the burden of proof. Please provide links to the interviews you're quoting from (so we can ensure they are posted in context).

Had the pleasure of meeting Linden in Ottawa shortly after he was brought back to the Canucks. Asked him if he would sign our 90 Linden jersey. When he saw the jersery his reply was, wow that's an old one, signed it then jumped onto the bus. Fantastic person on and off the ice. Naslund was terrific as well, super nice, I have nothing bad to say about the way he took time out of his day for us. Even thou Glenn Anderson was only a Canuck for 1 day, if you get a chance he spent about 45 minutes with us talking hockey telling stories and answering our questions. I wasn't a fan of his before we met him but I cetainly am now

Ive never met any canucks but I met the Montreal team at the airport a couple years ago just by chance and tried to get PK Subban to sign something and just got a casual "f##k Off" like he says it all the time, guy was a total dick, Price was nice though, I guess because he is from BC he realizes he has a lot of fans from here even though he plays for the habs

It's important to provide links in order to verify the quotes.

If not, it's all hearsay and rumours.

While it's ok to present a different opinion and it doesn't, necessarily, have to be a flowery-positive one, slandering someone needs to come with some sort of validation. Which is why some of your previous posts were removed/edited. Besides, I don't remember reading about a harassment case filed by a waitress. So, anything less is he said-she said stuff and you must keep in mind that, when people are in the presence of "celebrities", they'll sometimes exaggerate things to make their story more impressive. We owe it to Trevor to NOT post crap like that without having it substantiated...God knows, he's done enough for this city to have earned at least that.

Even if what you've stated is true - people can mature and, if they learn from their mistakes, as you've suggested, then do we really need to crucify them? I tend to be a bit more forgiving and if someone's tried to make amends, then perhaps that means something? From EVERY interaction I've ever had with Trevor, he's been nothing but courteous, gracious and, well, awesome and that's the consensus from everyone I've ever known who's met him.

So, what you're posting goes against the grain and, therefore, comes with the burden of proof. Please provide links to the interviews you're quoting from (so we can ensure they are posted in context).

Met Geoff cortnall after he was traded to st Louis. Asked him how he liked playing with Gretzky, he was a great outgoing guy till I asked him to wish his brother good luck in the game that night. He looked like he wanted to hit me. Lol.

Not me, it was an interview on BCTV:

Linden had the famous interview during the 1994 Lockout:

BCTV (now Global Vancouver) : Trevor, with player salaries going so high driving up ticket prices it is getting to the point where families cannot attend NHL games anymore. What is your comment on that?

Linden: "They can go to the carnival then"

Linden pissed on the fans and spent the rest of his career trying to make them forget his real feelings of selfishness.

Cool stories I've never met any Canucks.. I was at a party a lil while ago and was talkin to some random dude and couldn't figure out where I've seen him before.. Later on It hit me that it was Brett Connolly haha

Archived