The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How Big Is Keith's Cheap Shot Looking Now?!?

Odjickwillkillyou

I NEVER subscribed to the so-called hockey experts pre-playoff assertions that the Canucks would be just fine without Daniel for the first round. Because it not only effects the first line, but has a domino effect down the other lines. Also in the playoffs you need every edge you can get as every team ups their competitive level. Ripping out your top scorer is a huge detriment to a team.

I think we'd be winning this series if we had started Schneider and been able to use Daniel from the start. And Ballard as well while I'm at it.

Nope I have to respectfully disagree. Your top scorer, and an Art Ross winner is gone in a playoff series is VASTLY different from missing regular season games, at the end of a season, when said team is virtually assured a place in the playoffs no matter how they play. When the dynamic of this team was needed in this round, it wasn't there, and that was as obvious as sunshine tonight. The very moment Daniel got his legs back from the month off, and started performing his game, the rest of the team also started playing their game again. And big shocker, we won. Pretty much everything that has been lacking in our team was corrected by Daniel's return.

Playoffs =/= regular season, full stop. This fact alone is absolutely why the Keith suspension was a bloody tragic joke against our team. We lost more than just our top player for the playoffs, we lost a team built around a dynamic that was literally destroyed by that elbow. All Keith received was a vacation, he was dressed and ready game 1. Meanwhile we are down 1-3 clawing our way back only lucky that Danny is not out the rest of this year. If anything, the lack of appropriate discipline on the Keith hit (and others, like Webers recent cheap shot) is only made more apparent by the vastly different team we saw last night.

The NHL should take solid notice of this. But then, in a perfect world it rains skittles.

Archived