The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Start Lui At Home Schneids On The Road.

Nic JF

Just a proposal.

Both of our goalies are great and I figure we could get the best of both worlds by doing something like this.

Schneider was a wall against LA last game and i think Luongo is ready to play like one too.

GO BOTH OF OUR GOALIES GO!!!

Despite Luongo playing alright in the first two games, if the Canucks start him game 5 and lose, he is going to be blamed with the Canucks' first-round exit.

They'll start Schneider.

I don't know what to think.

I have no doubt Luongo will be fine. But is there any reason to risk the chance of Lu being off? I'm not saying Schneider is guaranteed to be good in game 5 but he played the last two which means he's into the game. He also played well, so it may be a better idea to play Schneider.

In the miraculous case where we advance, Lu is the man in game 1.

AV has to roll with Schneider now, he stole Game 4 for us. Say what you want about our PP finally coming through, if that was Luongo on the penalty shot the game would have easily have been tied.

Schneider is doing what Quick was doing to us - he's stealing us wins. This guy had better numbers than Quick in the regular season (albeit a much more truncated season) and now the tables have turned: we have the goalie that can steal a series, and the upper-hand in the goalie duel.

AV has to roll with Schneider now, he stole Game 4 for us. Say what you want about our PP finally coming through, if that was Luongo on the penalty shot the game would have easily have been tied.

Schneider is doing what Quick was doing to us - he's stealing us wins. This guy had better numbers than Quick in the regular season (albeit a much more truncated season) and now the tables have turned: we have the goalie that can steal a series, and the upper-hand in the goalie duel.

Going into the playoffs, I've long thought that the goalie plan should be to play Luongo at home and Schneider away. I still think they should do that if they are able to make it out of this series. But as far as this series is concerned I don't think you can NOT play Schneider at this point. Like someone else said, if you play Luongo and it doesn't pan out, then everyone will question the call to play him and put all the blame on him. I am always on Luongo's side when it comes to criticism, but for this series, I just think AV must play Schneider.

That just makes so much sense. He didn't even play, but that's what would have happened.

Schneider faced lots of shots and he made a couple huge saves but he also was tremendously lucky in the 3rd period. There were a couple posts in that period that could have easily tied the game if they went in. Yeah, I know, it didn't go in and that's what matters really but saying Luongo would have lost us the game proves nothing but you're biased against him.

Do you want a better chance in the game or to not hurt Lou's feelings. Cory is the better goalie posts like continue to show a lot of Lou fan are really a fan of his before the team.

And if we make it past this round it will be because Cory stood on his head, so you want to go back to Lou next round. Start thinking about the team. Lou will not see another game this year unless Cory has a meltdown or is hurt.

I'm not sure who they will start, but I can say this with no reservation; if Lou gets the nod for game 5 he had better play the best game of his entire career, or else he'll have to wear a disguise for the rest of his west coast life. Whether or not that is right or wrong, it is what it is. It's a damned shame because the guy has been thoroughly slammed in Vancouver, time and again, most cases undeservedly so. Having said that, with Shneiderman giving us the W last night - if Lou is between the pipes at home and even lets 1 goal past him he's completely and officially a$$ed out for the Vancouver Canucks fans and management (if he's not already).

Going into the playoffs, I've long thought that the goalie plan should be to play Luongo at home and Schneider away. I still think they should do that if they are able to make it out of this series. But as far as this series is concerned I don't think you can NOT play Schneider at this point. Like someone else said, if you play Luongo and it doesn't pan out, then everyone will question the call to play him and put all the blame on him. I am always on Luongo's side when it comes to criticism, but for this series, I just think AV must play Schneider.

Archived