The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Start Lui At Home Schneids On The Road.

Nic JF

I am a huge Lou supporter and I will always support him. But, I beleive we HAVE to go with Schnieder. If we can manage to get out of this round, then start Lou in the next round and see how he plays. Lou was really good in both his games, he gave our guys a chance to win, we just couldn't score. Schnieder has been fantastic and as someone above posted, putting in Lou now really sets him and the managment up for cruxifiction!!!!

Ride the Schnied and get out of the round, then back to Lou when our season isn't on the line and let him play it out. See if the team will keep up the pace in front of him like they have with Schnied.

Go Canucks Go

I wasn't too sure if this thread was for real or not but I see others have replied. First off, no..we are still in an elimination game and Schneider gives us the best chance to win. If we advance Lou is the man in game 1...no. If we get through this Kings team with Schneider, there's no way they would play Schneider in the first game of series 2 if we get there. The only way we will see Lou again is if Schneider has a meltdown. Quite honestly, didn't even cross my mind as to who was playing in goal on Sunday...Canucks are riding Schneider.

Only a moron would go back to Luongo now. You just don't do that in hockey. Choosing between two good goalies is one thing but going against a hot hand .... :sadno: I can't believe it but I think i actually saw a bunch of other threads like this as I clicked in.

Guest The Brown Burrows

Compare the stats between the two (both have played 2 games and you'll see who has been the better goalie, excluding wins).

The focus right now should be to get past the first round. Play Schneider as he is currently hot right now, even though Luongo was playing well in front of an anemic team. Keep him on a short leash - if he starts struggling or making bad puck plays (as he did last year), put Luongo back in.

If the Canucks reach the second round, wipe the slate clean and start over.

I don't think you mess around too much with a machine working as well as the Canucks were in the second half of last game. People shouldn't read more into the starting goalie than it's worth though, Schneider had the opportunity to be the goalie in the net on Daniel Sedin's return.

I am a huge Lou supporter and I will always support him. But, I beleive we HAVE to go with Schnieder. If we can manage to get out of this round, then start Lou in the next round and see how he plays. Lou was really good in both his games, he gave our guys a chance to win, we just couldn't score. Schnieder has been fantastic and as someone above posted, putting in Lou now really sets him and the managment up for cruxifiction!!!!

Ride the Schnied and get out of the round, then back to Lou when our season isn't on the line and let him play it out. See if the team will keep up the pace in front of him like they have with Schnied.

Go Canucks Go

The focus right now should be to get past the first round. Play Schneider as he is currently hot right now, even though Luongo was playing well in front of an anemic team. Keep him on a short leash - if he starts struggling or making bad puck plays (as he did last year), put Luongo back in.

If the Canucks reach the second round, wipe the slate clean and start over.

By far the dumbest idea. I can't believe you just said that, after the epicness you witnessed last night. My guess is you didn't even watch the game last night, or your just a Luongo lover, that doesn't care about the Canucks winning but Luongo starting.. 7 goals allowed 2 games is not good. That's average of 3.5 goals again.

Archived