The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Start Lui At Home Schneids On The Road.

Nic JF

It would be Suicide for both AV and Lu to start him again in this series. And seeing as AV did not start him in game 4 I am sure he is not going to make that mistake in game 5. If they start Lu in Game five and the team loses he will be blamed for the "Presidents Trophy team" getting eliminated in the first round.

You take every advantage you can get in teh playoffs especially when your back is against the wall.

LA has beaten Lu twice scoring 7 goals. They have only managed 2 against Cory and lost the last game largely because of him where he outplayed Quick.

Having Cory in net puts added pressure on LA and makes them "think" they have to find a way to beat him. That added pressure plants a seed of doubt. Look how our guys changed their game after they got past Quick last game.

OUr team is playing with confidence in front of Cory and LA is struggling to solve him. Switching goalies now would not be a hockey move but a political one.

Luongo has allowed 8 goals against in his first 2 games and didn't give the Canucks much of a chance to win, espeically in game 2. Now you look at Schnieder and he has only gave up 2 goal against and gave the Canucks more than a chance to win both games.

With luongo in net the kings have scored 7 goals in 2 games despite him playing very good. With schneider, the kings scored 2 goals in 2 games despite him playing very good. It's clear and obvious to go with schneider in net. We seem to play better with him in net this series. Game 3 we lost 1-0 but we played a lot better than games 1 and 2

They will start Cory because he gives them the best chance to win period!!!!!!!

Luo not so much. I love Luo I think he is a really classy player and great goalie, but why can't anyone see that his time here in Van is done, Cory has taken over and is now the man. Why just because Luo gets the big bucks and has gold metals doesthat mean he should be #1, his play suggests other wise!!!

Cory deserves this, he has been consistently awsome all season and he is not showing any signs of slowing down!!!

I thought the point of the playoffs is to win, with Luo we can't this has been proven, with Cory we can and do this has also been proven, so why all the bantering about who should start when it is SO OBVIOUS?????

I don't think you mess around too much with a machine working as well as the Canucks were in the second half of last game. People shouldn't read more into the starting goalie than it's worth though, Schneider had the opportunity to be the goalie in the net on Daniel Sedin's return.

I think it would be unfair to everyone to start Lu. Schneider played well (so did Lu) and shouldn't be changed out until he doesn't play well. Much as we hope the Canucks will come back, statistically, it's a huge mountain to climb. It would be so unfair to throw Lu to the wolves like that.

Luongo 2 games 3.59 GAA .891 Save Percentage and 64 Shots against

Schneids 2 Games 1.02 GAA .969 save Percentage and 64 Shots against

Did Vancouver play worse in games 1 and 2? maybe slightly

Did Luongo make the big saves to keep them in the game? Not really he did make some.

Did Schneids make the big saves to keep them in the game? So far yes.

There is no doubt we ride Schneids I wish we had started him.

I don't know what to think.

I have no doubt Luongo will be fine. But is there any reason to risk the chance of Lu being off? I'm not saying Schneider is guaranteed to be good in game 5 but he played the last two which means he's into the game. He also played well, so it may be a better idea to play Schneider.

In the miraculous case where we advance, Lu is the man in game 1.

Wow! Thank you for that brilliant analysis. If you had watched the games instead of playing with your calculator, you would realize that some shots are more difficult to stop than others. Case in point, we peppered Quick with over 40 shots in game 3 and failed to score a single goal because most of them were crap and easy saves for Quick. What you failed to account for in your "analysis" is that in games 1 and 2 the Nucks played horrendous defense in front of Luongo and coughed up many dangerous scoring chances. Schnieds wouldn't have fared much better. Anyone who blames those losses on Luongo is simply scapegoating him because it's easier to digest than the truth, which is that the team was complacent and came into this series completely unprepared for the playoffs.

That said, Cory is hot and it would be foolish to not start him for the rest of this series as long as he continues to play well. But the reality is he has exactly One playoff win on his resume, and you so-called fans are and some in the media are already foaming at the mouth, ready to throw Luongo under the bus, proclaiming Schneider is now the new No. 1. If the boys can rally to win the series, we are in an enviable position in terms of our goaltending. On any given night we have TWO first class goalies we can start, a luxury rarely seen in the playoffs, and one which we certainly won't have again after this season. Goaltending is the least of our problems right now. Why is this a problem for you? Ask the Penguins and Flyers if they would like to have this problem right now? Who will stay and who will go will get sorted out in the offseason. For now, please shut up and enjoy the ride.

Archived