Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Start Lui At Home Schneids On The Road.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
71 replies to this topic

#61 wesley

wesley

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:48 AM

Ask LA which goalie they would like to play against. :emot-parrot:

#62 goal-ghost

goal-ghost

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:53 AM

as many above have stated playing schneider seems to be the logical way forward from where they sit.

there might be something to your idea though. if luongo could somehow land himself back between the pipes we would see him more motivated and focused than any other point in the season. that being said, if schneider continues to play the way he did last night, it would be difficult to improve on his performances anyway.
Posted Image

#63 bluesman60

bluesman60

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,448 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:05 AM

AV has to roll with Schneider now, he stole Game 4 for us. Say what you want about our PP finally coming through, if that was Luongo on the penalty shot the game would have easily have been tied.

Schneider is doing what Quick was doing to us - he's stealing us wins. This guy had better numbers than Quick in the regular season (albeit a much more truncated season) and now the tables have turned: we have the goalie that can steal a series, and the upper-hand in the goalie duel.

Plus the fact that Schneider is in the LA players heads right now. He faced a lot of rubber in the last game and through up the wall. If you start Luongo, it will give LA confidence to finish the job.

#64 RIPRYP

RIPRYP

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:06 AM

Lu isn't as poised and concentrated. He also has let in more goals than Schneider, while facing still high amount of shots. Lu isn't as consistent. Not hating, but his time here is done and he's done good to us but the Schneiderman era is here to stay.

Edit: PS Lu+Raymond for Lecavalier :bigblush:

Edited by RIPRYP, 19 April 2012 - 10:06 AM.

RIP to the BEST pound for pound fighter the NHL has ever seen. Will be missed.

#65 forevernucks19

forevernucks19

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:11 AM

Despite Luongo playing alright in the first two games, if the Canucks start him game 5 and lose, he is going to be blamed with the Canucks' first-round exit.

They'll start Schneider.

What if we lose with Schneids? He'll get blamed then, so either way, they'll both get blamed. Unless you people are jumping on the band wagon saying that "we don't like Lu, start Schneids" bla bla bla.

#66 timberz21

timberz21

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,963 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:15 AM

Unless we win our next 2 games 8-4 like the Pens-Flyers series, and Schneider is so so like Fleury and Bryz then we would see Luongo for game 7. However, very (understatement) unlikely.

2 goals in 2 games by Schneids....gotta keep going with him.

#67 10Bure14Burrows

10Bure14Burrows

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:17 AM

Goalies are not issue for 1-3 in this series . And we know that .

Lou or schineder . It doesn't matter

We want close this series 4-3 at G M PLACE .

That's all :)

GO VAN GO
Forever Canuck !

#68 Edler Is a Beast

Edler Is a Beast

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:18 AM

Lou at home, Scneids on the road is EXACTLY what I was saying they should do before playoffs started. But honestly at this point I think they'd be better off leaving Schneids in net for the rest of the series at least.

Edited by Edler Is a Beast, 19 April 2012 - 10:25 AM.

#69 :D

:D

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,060 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:19 AM

What if we lose with Schneids? He'll get blamed then, so either way, they'll both get blamed. Unless you people are jumping on the band wagon saying that "we don't like Lu, start Schneids" bla bla bla.

The Canucks were already in a hole when Schneider hit the pipes.
They were on pace to get swept. Since then, he's let in two goals in two games, splitting them.

Unless he really craps the bed in the loss, he and Daniel will get credit with trying to bring this train back onto the tracks.

#70 TimberWolf

TimberWolf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,847 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:27 AM

Cory will not get blamed for anything. He was given a near impossible task and showed poise and an eerie calmness in the face of adversity. Anyone trying to blame him at this point would be exposed as trolls or fans of only Lu and not the Canucks.

That said, I am fine if next season it's Cory that gets the new team and Lu is the starter. Whatever GMMG can do to make our team the best it can be.

I was saying Lu-Urns...

star-wars-hockey-goal.gif?w=284

#71 Socrates

Socrates

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:14 AM

With luongo in net the kings have scored 7 goals in 2 games despite him playing very good. With schneider, the kings scored 2 goals in 2 games despite him playing very good. It's clear and obvious to go with schneider in net. We seem to play better with him in net this series. Game 3 we lost 1-0 but we played a lot better than games 1 and 2

You make a good point, I just don't understand this "seem to play better" thing. Not sure why hesitate (unless is the usual West Coast tentativeness) - just call it out as you see it!
We are definitely playing better with him in net - you may not fully understand why, but the outcome is crystal clear.

It is pretty obvious that this guy gives the team loads of confidence (just ask Bieksa). As much as I appreciate Luongo, I just don't think he would have stopped Dustin Brown on the PS (although we will never find out). And there were a few other shots that I thought would have likely gone in with him as the goalie.

Game 5 is the hardest to win IMHO. Not only it is the next game, it is also the second one with our backs against the wall and in our own building. If we, the fans, are getting lukewarm after a highly anticipated initial roar, playing at home may be a disadvantage. But I really hope that we will rise to the occasion.

If we manage to win Game 5, with Schneids delivering another brilliant performance (God help us), that would convince LA that the problem they thought they had (white-hot goalie in front of them) is very real and might just undo what they've accomplished. Once they are fully convinced, scoring would become even more difficult for them, but also this would add some extra pressure on Quick - and he would show cracks, sooner or later. Combine that with finding our groove on PP (let's hope we don't lose it again) and suddenly you'd have a totally different series. Finally, LA is probably aware that winning Game 6 at home is a lot tougher to do than winning Game 4 - LA would face the possibility of losing it in front of their own fans, followed by a depressing trip to Rogers Arena to face a surging team in an elimination game.

But before we get carried away - one game at a time. I like our chances a little better than yesterday before the game, but we're still the underdogs at this point.
An improbable comeback from 0-3 would leave no doubt that a new NHL star has risen. And while Schneids proved he can deliver, he needs to do it 3 more times w/o getting fancy or cocky. I am hopeful that we have a fighting chance.

Edited by Socrates, 19 April 2012 - 11:15 AM.

#72 Sedinary

Sedinary

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:35 AM

Despite my neutral stance towards both Luongo and Schneider, I'm going to have to say Schneids will be starting.

Stats don't lie!

2. Corry Schneider GP 2 GS 2 SA 64 GA 2 SV % .969
3. Johnathan Quick GP 4 GS 4 SA 145 GA 7 SV % .952
14. Roberto Luongo GP 2 GS 2 SA 64 GA 7 SV% .891

http://www.nhl.com/i...sAgainstAverage

Edited by Sedinary, 19 April 2012 - 11:40 AM.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.