The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ride The Schneid

Mackcanuck

While I agree, that Schneider is our best option going forward in this series, I hope you realize the implication of playing our back-up over our number 1. At the same price I would take Luongo over Scneider, at this point, any day.

I hope we don't lose Lu :( . I don't want to go back to goalie graveyard days. I really don't.

Luongo was not to blame for the first two losses. While he may have had trouble with a goal or two, it was mostly due to crappy play by the TEAM.

I believe AV started Schneider to perk the team up, and he played well in Game 3, even though the Canucks lost. It only made sense to start him again in Game 4.

I think it's only right to start him again, as the team has a bit of momentum now. He certainly hasn't done anything to deserve being changed out, and while Luongo hasn't deserved to be pulled, I think it would be wrong to change keepers again now. Luongo should sit until Schneider has a bad game, or until a new series starts.

:towel::canucks::towel:

Lets face facts here people, Luo is now damaged goods period. When he tore his groin last year for the first time it was the begining of the the end for him, he then came back from that injury way to early and re-injured his groin and missed a huge amount of time. During that time Cory took over and impressed everyone, inculding all the Luo lovers (myself included). Luo has returned but he is not the same goalie, his injury has obviously hampered his lateral movement quite substatialy, I mean how else do you explain why he is frequently on hi stomach?

This year Cory has very covincingly out played Luo for the #1 spot, Luo has lost the confidence of his team, on the flip side Cory has gained the confidence of the team with his huge efforts and combative style of play, he never gives up, wheres Luo makes the first save then the rebound goes to the back of the net he has no battle.

I think that Luo will be moved in the off season, where and for for what who knows.

Cory is now the man and continues to prove it with efforts like last night, this guy is for real folks.

Luongo is not out due to his own poor play rather, Schneiders amazing play is gonna keep him out of the net. With one mistake potentially being the difference between golfing and going to the next game, they have to ride Schneider. Kinda feel bad for Luongo, but, face it he is not the best goalie right now.

While I agree, that Schneider is our best option going forward in this series, I hope you realize the implication of playing our back-up over our number 1. At the same price I would take Luongo over Scneider, at this point, any day.

I hope we don't lose Lu :( . I don't want to go back to goalie graveyard days. I really don't.

I'm a big Luongo fan, and have been for years, but I have to admit: he's no longer the best goaltender on the Canucks.

Schneider is nothing less than outstanding. That is not a knock on Lu - he's still a great starting goalie - it's simply that Cory is becoming one of the top-5 goalies in the league, and Lu isn't at that level anymore (he's still in the 5-10 crowd though). It's not Roberto-hating, it's simply fact.

On top of this, Cory is just hitting his prime, while Luongo has passed his and will likely be going downhill a bit each season. I simply can't see the Canucks letting Cory go anymore.

Archived