The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ahl Calder Cup Playoffs - R1: Chicago Wolves Vs San Antonio Rampage

NuxFan09

I don't know about you guys but I'm going to be very interested in following the farm team in the Calder Cup playoffs, especially if the Canucks do in fact make an early exit from their playoffs. Anyway, I thought I'd create a whole new thread for discussion about the Wolves' 1st round series instead of cramming Calder Cup discussion in the one Wolves thread. Hope the mods don't mind.

Here is my post from the Wolves thread to start things off:

The Wolves won their division and finished 3rd in the Western Conference so they will play the 6th ranked San Antonio Rampage, the Florida Panthers' affiliate, in the first round of the Calder Cup playoffs. Game 1 is tomorrow at 7:00 CDT (5:00 PST) in San Antonio. In the AHL, the team with home ice advantage gets to choose where they start the series, which is why the series is starting in San Antonio and not Chicago. I'm not sure why the Wolves decided to start their series on the road but whatever.

Top 5 scorers for each team:

San Antonio

Jon Matsumoto - 76 GP, 23 goals, 37 assists, 60 points

Bill Thomas - 65 GP, 27 goals, 25 assists, 52 points

Bracken Kearns - 69 GP, 22 goals, 30 assists, 52 points

Mark Cullen - 58 GP, 10 goals, 37 assists, 47 points

Greg Rallo - 72 GP, 22 goals, 20 assists, 42 points

Chicago

Mark Mancari - 69 GP, 30 goals, 28 assists, 58 points

Darren Haydar - 70 GP, 21 goals, 36 assists, 57 points

Jordan Schroeder - 76 GP, 21 goals, 23 assists, 44 points

Steve Reinprecht - 62 GP, 13 goals, 30 assists, 43 points

Tim Miller - 75 GP, 19 goals, 19 assists, 38 points

Goalies:

San Antonio

Dov Grumet-Morris - 34 GP, 19-13-1, 2.33 GAA, .921 Save%, 3 shutouts

Jacob Markstrom - 32 GP, 17-12-1, 2.32 GAA, .927 Save%, 1 shutout

Chicago

Eddie Lack - 46 GP, 21-20-3, 2.31 GAA, .925 Save%, 4 shutouts

Matt Climie - 32 GP, 20-11-0, 2.52 GAA, .920 Save%, 1 shutout

In the AHL, the team with home ice advantage gets to choose where they start the series, which is why the series is starting in San Antonio and not Chicago. I'm not sure why the Wolves decided to start their series on the road but whatever.

really not any high scoring forwards on either of these teams.. anyone actuall watched any wolves games this year? hows schroeder looking? both tenders have pretty good numbers. who starts game 1? wonder which one will back up schnieds next year in van

really not any high scoring forwards on either of these teams.. anyone actuall watched any wolves games this year? hows schroeder looking? both tenders have pretty good numbers. who starts game 1? wonder which one will back up schnieds next year in van

With about 7 minutes to go, Bill Sweatt scores for the Wolves. He's playing on a line with Jordan Schroeder and Michael Davies, which looks to be the Wolves' 2nd line.

1-0 Wolves.

...And the Rampage tie it up less than 2 minutes later. James Wright scores for the Rampage.

1-1.

Wolves are going on the PP with less than 2 minutes remaining in the 1st. Drew Shore in the box for the Rampage.

The PP unit on the ice for the Wolves right now is:

Jensen - Doell - Haydar with Mancari - Connauton at the point.

Jensen scores! Bit of a fluke goal, though. Markstrom looks a bit shaky. Nevertheless, 3-1 Wolves!

Archived