The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is This The End Of The Luongo Era?

luongo12345

Could this be the end of the Luongo era? First round game one, Luongo plays good. Gives up some bad goals. I believe he was the best player in the game. Our team besides our goalies have not been playing well.

Game 2. Luongo is in net again, he plays good, makes some great saves, however, we still lose.

In my mind putting Cory in was the best choice. Who knows if Luo was going to choke again.

If I may, I am a huge luongo fan. I always have. But I think his time is up with Vancouver. We have a perfect 2nd goaile (not a backup) that can be a starter. Things happen and now Luongo looks like he is the backup for the playoffs. Luongo can have his good games, he can also have his bad games, which I see happens more then the good ones. If we trade luongo, which team will he want to go to? Because it will be his choice maybe Florida or Tampa.

I think we need to ride the shnid train in the playoffs, see how far we go. Let's say this, Cory is the young, fast, consistent goalie. Luongo is the veteran. Veterans get old and sometimes need to move on.

I love Lou, however I think Vancouver and Luongo need to part ways.

Guest The Brown Burrows

I'm guessing yes. Hopefully we don't sign Schneider for more than 5 years.

I like Luongo's cap hit but I don't like his contract length.

Yup, Luongos heart is in Flordia. It always has been. He he has tonnes of family down there. Lots of support. He wont

be under so much pressure to perform like he does here. He cant handle the pressure well. Great goalie, but he always lets

in that one soft goal that makes the team think . WTF?

I wouldnt be surprised to see Talon from Flordia pick him up, hes not afraid of long contracts, he signed Huet and Campbell

to long term contrats. They are a playoff team now. Or even Tampa Bay, I dont know how far distance wise these teams are

away from eachother but with Rolason retiring they are going to need a goalie. They have a great future too.

But look for the Leafs fans trying to get him..they think they deserve everyone. Imagine Luongo going to Toronto?

If he thinks Vancouver is bad...wait till he gets to Toronto (if he goes) LOL

But its up to him where he goes...but I think his time has passed

AV is playing schneids over lu because the team seems to play better infront of cory.....lu's contract is not unmovable....the team has an out in five more years....so a team can trade lu then.....

my thought would be, lu to tb.....lecavellier to montreal....leblanc, emelin and tinordi to vancouver with other bodies to make it fair...

No, he is not going anywhere. If he does, then our salary cap years will be screwed. 2nd he's locked down, he's an NTC, which means he cannot be traded UNLESS he asks to be traded. 3rd, if we do trade him to another team, then we would have to pay the rest of his years salary up front to the other team, which would leave us like not a lot of money, 4th, there needs to be a team WILLING to afford his 12 year contract. And 5th again, HE'S AN NTC!!!!!!!!!! MG would be an idiot again to screw up the salary cap and to trade him!!

I like Lou. He s a good goaltender and seems to be a good person, but the fact is he s just not a good fit in Vancouver. I think on a more defensive minded team he s a great goalie, but Vancouver always has the pedal to the floor looking for goals. The defense needs to know that they can depend on the goalie to make a few big saves. Lou does make a few, but when it comes to game savers Schneids, in my opinion, is the better goalie. The players trust in him and play better.

I feel for Lou and don t blame him if he s a little bitter, but the team has to come first. That said, I think he s gotta move on. The question is, who s gonna want to take on his contract? I don t think this will be a blockbuster deal. I believe this is going to be a salary dump, straight up.

In my mind, the best trade partners would be Tampa, Florida, Dallas, Carolina, Anaheim, and yes I do believe Columbus may be OK with him, as long as certain assurances are made about the make up of their team.

No, he is not going anywhere. If he does, then our salary cap years will be screwed. 2nd he's locked down, he's an NTC, which means he cannot be traded UNLESS he asks to be traded. 3rd, if we do trade him to another team, then we would have to pay the rest of his years salary up front to the other team, which would leave us like not a lot of money, 4th, there needs to be a team WILLING to afford his 12 year contract. And 5th again, HE'S AN NTC!!!!!!!!!! MG would be an idiot again to screw up the salary cap and to trade him!!

The team often plays like crap when Luongo was in net. When Schneider was in net the team play like a totally different team.

I am not sure what's going on. It might have something to do with Luongo's expensive and long term contract. Many of our players have taken huge discounts to stay in Vancouver. And when they look at Luongo, there might be some resentments. They think like "Oh, he is our $7m goalie. Let him earn his play cheque. We will just play garbage defence."

All this are just speculations. But honestly I see this VERY often. Luongo in net=>team give 50% effort.

In game 1 and 2 Luongo was flat out the BEST player on the ice for the Canucks. But it is useless if the team don't have the heart to play. With Schneider in net the team just play so much harder.

All in all, if the team as a whole prefer Schneider moving forward, we should keep Schneider EVEN IF Luongo is the better goalie.

Last game pretty much seal the deal. Last night was a must win do or die game, and we went with Schneider. So in a way, management has already made their decision. But then again, maybe that's just due to Schneider being better in away games in general. We don't know just yet.

Archived