Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Elbow On Henrik Sedin.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
47 replies to this topic

#31 drdeath

drdeath

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,734 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:46 PM

After game 3:
"Henrik's too soft!"
"Why didn't someone do something for him?!"

After game 4:
"Bell. Answered."

seU9GBs.gif

#32 ChuckNORRIS4Cup

ChuckNORRIS4Cup

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:49 PM

I swear the hit on Daniel Sedin last night in the first period by Greene at the center line after Daniel dumped it in, was ,1 later then the hit Rome made last year, and was later than the hit Torres put on Hossa. But because Daniel wasn't injured or seriously hurt, it's ok to hit someone after they get ride of the puck, especially right after they have come back from a concussion, nice consistency NHL.

Skip to 0:59 second mark to see what I'm talking about. If Rome was labeled as a late hit last year this was much later, just saying.

Edited by ChuckNORRIS4Cup, 19 April 2012 - 12:51 PM.

Eh8NO.jpg

Trevor Linden Quote Nov. 29th 2012 [Asked if he would return to the game?]
"The game has been with me for a long time, if the right opportunity came about, you never know"

#33 Industrious1

Industrious1

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,028 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:00 PM

Apparently if you are a Sedin the MO is just to sit there and take punishment from whoever wants to give it.

The twins stand up and say "no" responding with some physical (and a bit of dirty stuff for good measure) edginess and all of a sudden we should start falling all over ourselves to apologize to a team that has been headhunting the last 3 or so games....I'm with Hank and Dan.

No more.

Edited by Industrious1, 19 April 2012 - 01:00 PM.

#34 goalie13

goalie13

Osgoodian One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,277 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:07 PM

that hit was far from clean! look at the torres/hossa hit! hossa turned like henrick and bammmmm!!! so no it was not clean!

The big difference though is the force with which Torres laid out Hossa. If Torres had hit Hossa with the same force Brown hit Hank, Hossa probably would have finished the game.
Posted Image

#35 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,427 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:12 PM

I swear the hit on Daniel Sedin last night in the first period by Greene at the center line after Daniel dumped it in, was ,1 later then the hit Rome made last year, and was later than the hit Torres put on Hossa. But because Daniel wasn't injured or seriously hurt, it's ok to hit someone after they get ride of the puck, especially right after they have come back from a concussion, nice consistency NHL.

Skip to 0:59 second mark to see what I'm talking about. If Rome was labeled as a late hit last year this was much later, just saying.

Your joking right?... He didn't even make really hard contact, he was skating backwards and gave a quick push forward knocking Danny off balance. Rome was skating like a freight train and steamrolled Horton..

You can't say people with concussions are off limits. They're either ready to play or not ready.

#36 hfbat

hfbat

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:18 PM

Cheap shot by Brown with clear intent to injure. Bieksa or Ballard should have taken him down.

#37 Pineapples

Pineapples

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,150 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:21 PM

Brown's hit was not clean as people say. Sure, it was legal, but it's Brown, you know he wants to take out our captain. I bet if it was a 4th liner who made that hit, there would have been a penalty.

Pineapple_jumps.gifPineapple_jumps.gif

#38 ChuckNORRIS4Cup

ChuckNORRIS4Cup

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:28 PM

Your joking right?... He didn't even make really hard contact, he was skating backwards and gave a quick push forward knocking Danny off balance. Rome was skating like a freight train and steamrolled Horton..

You can't say people with concussions are off limits. They're either ready to play or not ready.

The point is it shouldn't matter if it's hard or not, it's the NHL saying late hits are not acceptable. If you want to remove late hits you have to look at them all no matter what.

And what the hell are you talking about Rome was skating like a freight train? he was BACK SKATING for crying out loud, just like Greene and then stepped up and creamed Horton.

Maybe you need your mind refreshed or just simply never saw the hit Rome did, and some how you changed the way the hit was made in your head I don't know, but here you can watch it again, to refresh your memory.

Eh8NO.jpg

Trevor Linden Quote Nov. 29th 2012 [Asked if he would return to the game?]
"The game has been with me for a long time, if the right opportunity came about, you never know"

#39 canIcrytoo

canIcrytoo

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:40 PM

Posted Image
Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you

Posted Image

#40 Vlas=d

Vlas=d

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:46 PM

Grapes says it wasn't a clean hit - it was a cheap shot.
Henrik was being checked by another King and Brown came at him from behind - would have hit Henrik in the back if not for Henrik turning around at the last moment....
Brown was attempting to injure him - was trying to check/just hit him.

brown probably watched a ton of video on the sedins and how they always turn away as they cross the line he anticipated that and smoked him. is it dirty? debatable, but in my opinion brown definitely wanted to injure him. with both sedins out the canucks would of been toast.

#41 Vlas=d

Vlas=d

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:51 PM

The point is it shouldn't matter if it's hard or not, it's the NHL saying late hits are not acceptable. If you want to remove late hits you have to look at them all no matter what.

And what the hell are you talking about Rome was skating like a freight train? he was BACK SKATING for crying out loud, just like Greene and then stepped up and creamed Horton.

Maybe you need your mind refreshed or just simply never saw the hit Rome did, and some how you changed the way the hit was made in your head I don't know, but here you can watch it again, to refresh your memory.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8voTc9A7qDQ

i remember when i saw this live. i was like holy crap rome just killed horton, what a fracking hit. i'm thinking no way that can be a penalty. then he gets a 5mins and then on top of that a 4 game suspension. unfrackingbelievable, horton is at fault 100% for that hit he is watching his pass and everyone who plays hockey is taught to never watch your pass for that exact reason. you watch your pass and you get smoked, thats hockey. it wasnt a charge or hit to the head. these are the types of hits that SHOULD be in hockey.

im still pissed off about that hit

Edited by Vlas=d, 19 April 2012 - 01:52 PM.

#42 keslerian one

keslerian one

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:09 PM

With all this talk about the Sedins being sisters, and girly and cowardly, I'm getting confused over what it used to mean to be an Iron Man.

#43 Forsy

Forsy

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:26 PM

Re-check the videos, you'll see that brown dived. His head snapped back before the elbow could touch him. Refs made a good non-call

#44 canIcrytoo

canIcrytoo

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:57 PM

Posted Image
Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you

Posted Image

#45 Hyzer

Hyzer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,919 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:17 PM

i remember when i saw this live. i was like holy crap rome just killed horton, what a fracking hit. i'm thinking no way that can be a penalty. then he gets a 5mins and then on top of that a 4 game suspension. unfrackingbelievable, horton is at fault 100% for that hit he is watching his pass and everyone who plays hockey is taught to never watch your pass for that exact reason. you watch your pass and you get smoked, thats hockey. it wasnt a charge or hit to the head. these are the types of hits that SHOULD be in hockey.

im still pissed off about that hit

Happens all the time in my league. You admire your pass, be prepared to get laid out. Pretty simple. Although it was clean, it was just a little late. Apparently it's worth 4 games though. Very consistent shanaban

#46 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,511 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:27 PM

Happens all the time in my league. You admire your pass, be prepared to get laid out. Pretty simple. Although it was clean, it was just a little late. Apparently it's worth 4 games though. Very consistent shanaban

Wasn't Shanny.

That little bit of injustice was courtesy of Mike "I can read minds and even though Sedin didn't kick it in, I know he meant to" Murphy....
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#47 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,936 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:47 PM

Grapes says it wasn't a clean hit - it was a cheap shot.
Henrik was being checked by another King and Brown came at him from behind - would have hit Henrik in the back if not for Henrik turning around at the last moment....
Brown was attempting to injure him - was trying to check/just hit him.

right on brother , LA are a dirty team that play a crappy style of hockey .

I think it's rad when balls beats natural talent

Shaun Palmer

The Real war is not between the east and the west. The real war is between intelligent and stupid people.

Marjane Satrapi

#48 Toews

Toews

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 04:26 PM

I just found it funny that the one time a Sedin tried to avenge a hit it was against a player who had taken a puck in the face.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.