The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Overreaction

Edler's Broken Stickz

First and foremost I am a fan of the team and equally like both of our goalies. That being said I think everyone is overreacting to schneidermans first playoff win. Everyone I repeat FIRST playoff win and now all of a sudden it's the schneiderman era and Luo's era is over. Some of you need to first realize we are still in a 3-1 hole. I'm not saying that schneider is going to lose but face reality for a second some of you already thinking about the second round. IF schneider were to sign with a team this offseason I doubt it will be this one. Schneider who was the backup for Luo for so long knows he can do no wrong because he is the backup. If he resigns with the canucks it won't take long until he's thrown under the bus too. If i were in schneiders position I'd get the hell outa here asap. And if Luo gets traded I hope he goes to a team that appreciates what he had done and accomplished.

We are still in a steep hole that we need to climb out of. It's not yet the schneidermans era

If they thought Luo gave them the best chance to win don't you think they would have played him instead? I don't think it is that big of an overreaction. Schneider has played 2 games and his numbers are absolutely insane so far. Obviously back to back performances like that are going to garner a lot of praise.

Niiiice man, but Schneids is starting his 3rd straight, and it looks like he is the go to guys that will be trying to backstop this team out of this 3-1 hole.

I love Luongo and i think he has been great, but remember that feeling we had with him in net when he first got here - so much confidence and not worried at all when someone would come down the wing and test him or throw a puck at his feet from behind the net - that feeling is gone for me and so many others.

But I have found confidence in Schneide,r he is extremely poised and has matured brilliantly under Luongo. And I honestly do think it is his time, he is ready for it and proved that last night with a huge effort.

I like our chances better with Schneider in net and that's what this is about so lets see what this kid can do!

i wish there was a way to keep them both,

Luongo has been superb for us this year. Some of the criticism fair but a lot of it not so much , after the meltdown last year this fan base hasn't the faith.

Hot goalies win Cups and Schneider looks very warm.

For all the people still thinking about trading Luongo and any associated conversations, CapGeek tweeted this today:

Lots of questions about Roberto Luongo's NTC. He has a full NTC but it does have a few stipulations. #NHL #Canucks

Most pertinent Luongo NTC stipulation is that after final 2013-14 game, he can supply five-team trade list valid through July 15, 2014.

Note that's *trade list*, not *no-trade list* ...

Archived