The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Overreaction

Edler's Broken Stickz

no matter what AV or Lou does it's a no win situation with most people. We have some forwads that should be getting an ear full but for some reason aren't. Let's show some support for our team , stop trying to run players out of town and get behind the boys and stop acting like Leaf fans

Go Canucks Go

Guest The Brown Burrows

If we win this series, Luongo is leaving.

It's as simple as that. Management will forget what Luongo has done for us...

It might seem like people have jumped behind Schneider because of the last 2 games but schneids has been posting Vezina type numbers since the season began. A 1.96 GAA vs Lous 2.41 Gaa if nothing else, needs to get people wondering. A lot of fans poopoo the stats but without them how do we measure their performance. Spread over a season I'd think all variables even out ! As someone wrote...Lou gives up one goal more than Schneids for every 50 shots taken !!

If we are going to succeed in this series we'd better cut down the shots on goal ! 44 shots last game is a recipe for disaster !

oO0(( Gillis to Cory: We love ya kid, but Luongo has a NTC...

Cory to Gillis with a nod: Yeah i understand.

Gillis: we would like to keep you so how about you take one more year at a cheap rate... you can start and we can bench lu... If all goes well, we're sure he will ask for a trade at the end of the year.) )

*snaps back to reality* \

Wait what?

The writing is on the wall. Lou doesn't suck. At all. But CS has shown over and over again that he has what it takes to get the job done. He makes the big saves, exactly when needed. He doesn't have meltdowns of any kind. He's got vision to spare. His positioning is amazing. His rebound control is great. The list goes on.

And it's not like Lou isn't great. He is. But Schneider is better, younger, stronger and most critical, more affordable.

You call that over reaction? I call it common sense.

This is the truth.

The only game Lu played good in this series was game 1. In game 2 he was only decent. It's not his fault we lost, but he didn't steal the game like CS did last night. I mean, if he had stopped Dustin Brown's shorthanded breakaway in game 2 then we might have won. That's just some of the types of saves we needed him to make and CS made those last night.

The only game Lu played good in this series was game 1. In game 2 he was only decent. It's not his fault we lost, but he didn't steal the game like CS did last night. I mean, if he had stopped Dustin Brown's shorthanded breakaway in game 2 then we might have won. That's just some of the types of saves we needed him to make and CS made those last night.

I'm a Lou fan and would be sad to see him go if he does. i just feel the pressure of playing in a hockey city like van is a bit much for him not to mention the fans/ media are on him like no other. That being said maybe its time for a change and Schneider is our future. Every time i watch this kid i'm blow away his positioning is amazing and it just seems like he reads the puck very well. i also think lou would thrive in a place like Tampa where there have good team just need a goalie. No pressure and close to his family.

Really? Luongo huge following? That's not what I see. I'm pretty sure fans have an effect on player especially if they treat you like trash and talk garbage about you whenever you do something. ie Luongo, raymond etc.

If there is one position worth paying huge money its goaltending as far as i'm concerned.

Luongo has been very solid this year and won us many games we had no business being in.

guy has been brutalized for "losing the SCF" but the rest of his team only scored 8 goals.

The media hacks and their parrots need to stop fuelling the B.S.

Archived