Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Overreaction

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
92 replies to this topic

#91 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,541 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 05:55 PM

Any contract can be renegotiated. Ask any lawyer. If both parties agree, the contract can be altered in any way they see fit.
Lou can be traded if he can be convinced it is in his and the Canucks' best interest. And it is most certainly looking like it's in both their best interest.

While Luongo could choose to ask to be traded and waive his NTC (which obviously everyone knows), contracts can't be renegotiated based on the CBA. It was alowed prior to this CBA, and the next one may include that option again, but this version does not allow contracts to be renegotiated.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

If this team lets go of Sang he will burn this team next year. 

#92 Nino

Nino

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,719 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 05:59 PM

However with him most likely getting a third straight start it sort of is.

Add in the fact Lou is sitting one the pine for elimination games. Oh and the backup outplayed him all season long. Still think it's an overreaction?

#93 DoItForRaymond

DoItForRaymond

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 06:24 PM

First and foremost I am a fan of the team and equally like both of our goalies. That being said I think everyone is overreacting to schneidermans first playoff win. Everyone I repeat FIRST playoff win and now all of a sudden it's the schneiderman era and Luo's era is over. Some of you need to first realize we are still in a 3-1 hole. I'm not saying that schneider is going to lose but face reality for a second some of you already thinking about the second round. IF schneider were to sign with a team this offseason I doubt it will be this one. Schneider who was the backup for Luo for so long knows he can do no wrong because he is the backup. If he resigns with the canucks it won't take long until he's thrown under the bus too. If i were in schneiders position I'd get the hell outa here asap. And if Luo gets traded I hope he goes to a team that appreciates what he had done and accomplished.

We are still in a steep hole that we need to climb out of. It's not yet the schneidermans era

One win? Yeah, what about two games with only one goal allowed in each(including an elimition game(won), also which incluided a Penalty Shot. In which you cannot deny that if Luongo was in net for, you would've been alot more nervous. How about that buckaroo? This is Scheider's time

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.