Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Wow, Keith Ballard. Just Wow.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
42 replies to this topic

#31 kj29

kj29

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:35 PM

Yet AV is going to scratch him in favour of Rome. :picard:

lol :P

o5udj8.jpg

medium.jpg CDCFL medium.jpg CDCEHL medium.jpg CDCSTHS

*Commissioner of CDCYHL*

#32 Cindilette

Cindilette

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:38 PM

Ballard just showed us a glimpse of his hip-check last night...

Hope he pulls another McGinn hipcheck.. That was epic.

Would prefer it on Brown or Doughty :bigblush:

#33 fagin

fagin

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:43 PM

ballard can be a 35 point d men with his speed and sskill

.....Yes he can providing his coach would play him as he should with a more positive role.

#34 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,470 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:43 PM

Is that your money he's being paid with?

In effect,every fan pays in merchandise,television, advertising,gate income-all of it.
We all pay but it is better the players receive the cash than all to the owner's.
It is better if the owner's do not want to make 5 million per game profits and sell franchises for 500 million-a billion.
It is best if the games are like 35 bucks with a free beer per ticket and the players make half a million and the owner's are locked up in the asylum for mass robbery.

Oh,yeah,Ballard rocks.

Edited by nuck nit, 19 April 2012 - 08:46 PM.

#35 Thunder Bunnies

Thunder Bunnies

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:48 PM

Ballard has really impressed me since his return. He keeps the plays simple just getting the puck out of the zone, makes a good solid first pass. I really like him and Tanev paired together, they both make simple plays and get the puck out instead of trying to make big plays that end up in the back of our net.

#36 icycold

icycold

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:21 PM

probably going to get flamed for this but i wish somehow there were cap hits per team AND per player so the tickets for games were affordable for the AVERAGE joe without having to save like scrooge to go to more than a few games per season and not have to take a cap hit on the wallet.

Edited by icycold, 19 April 2012 - 09:22 PM.

HABS SUCK!!!

#37 Everybody Hates Raymond

Everybody Hates Raymond

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,608 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:28 AM

Ballard has really impressed me since his return. He keeps the plays simple just getting the puck out of the zone, makes a good solid first pass. I really like him and Tanev paired together, they both make simple plays and get the puck out instead of trying to make big plays that end up in the back of our net.

Hopefully Tanev and Ballard can stay together next season.

#38 Captain Hindsight

Captain Hindsight

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:07 AM

I am in favor for making a thread arguing that we shouldn't be making numerous threads on an existing subject and/or thread which has already been posted in several threads already... all in favor... make a new thread, and have the title of the thread as your answer "I agree we should stop making new threads, on subjects which have been previously posted."

#39 menace

menace

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:14 AM

I think Ballard is holding back on the hip checks since the refs can get confused and call it clipping. The last thing the team needs is a penalty for a legal hit. All that said I love the hip check and would love to see Ballard and Hammer throw a few on some Kings tonight!.

#40 CanuckRow

CanuckRow

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,102 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:16 AM

Ballard for Captain!

15yezck.jpg

@Chel24Seven

#41 Hotdawg

Hotdawg

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:39 AM

probably going to get flamed for this but i wish somehow there were cap hits per team AND per player so the tickets for games were affordable for the AVERAGE joe without having to save like scrooge to go to more than a few games per season and not have to take a cap hit on the wallet.

By Cap hit's I'm assuming you mean acid. Even if the games were 8 hours long, I would'nt recommend that. Not that I dislike you acid heads or nothing, but come on man!
If you are "average joe" then be like me. Pay your cable and buy some beer. Or you could move to South America where the Stars and the Panthers play.

#42 suolucidir

suolucidir

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,221 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:12 PM

Ticket prices have nothing to do with player salary. It's dictated by the local market of supply and demand. A lot of people want Canucks tickets, so these are the prices.
PSN: CloakOfSkill

Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists somewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

It bugs me when people pull out the gold medal for an example... Luongo only had to outplay Brodeur.

#43 ChuckNORRIS4Cup

ChuckNORRIS4Cup

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,366 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:55 PM

But he's not worth the 4.2M, just saying.

Well he would be if AV utilized him properly, and if he was a good coach.

Eh8NO.jpg

Trevor Linden Quote Nov. 29th 2012 [Asked if he would return to the game?]
"The game has been with me for a long time, if the right opportunity came about, you never know"

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.