The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nhl Ironman List?

vintageforever

Hey everyone,

I'm hoping someone can help me out.

I've been wondering for a while now what the actual list of consecutive games played list is.

I've done some google searches but can't find much more than the fact that Doug Jarvis played 964 consecutive games and/or that Bouwmeester is the current regular season ironman and that Henrik is not far behind, and even ahead if playoff games are considered. What I'm basically looking for is an up to date list 1-10 or so something like what I've managed to find in the picture below which comes from the stated link, however it'd be nice to know all of the top ten to see how far Henrik is from moving up on the list.

Anyways I hope someone knows something I don't, I couldn't find anything on nhl.com either.

http://sports.yahoo....-070227092.html

SEDIDIDID.jpg

post-36545-0-95398100-1334880778_thumb.j

post-36545-0-95398100-1334880778_thumb.j

NHL LONGEST CONSECUTIVE GAMES PLAYED STREAKS (at the end of the regular season)

Doug Jarvis 964

Garry Unger 914

Steve Larmer 884

Craig Ramsay 776

Andy Hebenton 630

Jay Bouwmeester 588

Henrik Sedin 581

Johnny Wilson 580

Billy Harris 576

Mark Recchi 570

• 1 month later...

Alright thanks for looking it up, I appreciate it, I thought for sure that nhl.com would have this somewhere but couldn't find it anywhere there.

Also anyone wondering about the combined with playoffs list, we could use this list along with looking up each player on the list on nhl.com to see how many playoff games they played during there games played streak and add them together to get the total, unfortunately this wouldn't take into consideration anybody not already in the list, however looking up Doug Jarvis he played 105 playoff games during his streak and also he played his entire nhl career without missing a game ever.

So Jarvis played 1079 games in a row in total.

I looked up Henrik's playoff games since his last missed game and they should total 70 right now so Henrik has played 651 games in a row

Just found this...

http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/44978-Ironman-streaks.html

10. Keith Yandle, PHX: 233

As a 2005 fourth round draft pick, Yandle has already played 343 games for the Desert Dogs.

9. Antoine Vermette, PHX: 241

Vermette will look to keep his streak running with a new team after being dealt to the playoff-hopeful Phoenix Coyotes.

8. Kimmo Timonen, PHI: 244

At 36 years old, Timonen is the oldest player on this ironman list.

7. Dustin Brown, L.A.: 246

The Kings captain is one of seven players to play all 60 games for them this season.

6. Steven Stamkos, TB: 256

With five goals and eight points in his past three games, the NHL’s leading goal-scorer is also proving to be one of the most durable.

5. Corey Perry, ANA: 262

This crash-and-bang power forward is leading his team through another late-season surge in the Western Conference.

4. Andrew Cogliano, EDM/ANA: 388

The 24-year-old center has not missed a game in his career. He broke into the NHL in 2007 with Edmonton.

3. Jarome Iginla, CGY: 388

Calgary’s grizzled captain will try to keep his streak running while attempting to get his team back into the playoff picture.

2. Henrik Sedin, VAN: 558

Despite an injury scare when Henrik took a puck to the foot, the Swede kept his streak alive when test results came back negative.

1. Jay Bouwmeester, FLA/CGY: 566

The Flames defenseman is chasing down Mark Recchi, who played 570 consecutive games between 1991 and 1998 for Philadelphia and Montreal.

Archived