Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Is Schnieds Value Going To Be That High?

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#1 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:32 PM

I was just thinking and was wondering about this. Schnied's value is already high, and is getting a lot higher with his great playoff perfromances.

But just wondering would he actually generate a big return when we would really just be trading his rights to a team as he is set to be an RFA? If this is the case, don't think a team would give us much for just his rights. However the way I see it if we were sign Schnieder to a contract, that is when his true value will viewed and get a big return. But I don't think management would sign and trade a player as it will look bad for future players signing, or if they do sign him, I could see Lu then requesting the trade as he would assume Schnieder would be the number 1.

Whatever the case this offseason is going to be VERY interesting.
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#2 NikiShiz

NikiShiz

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,171 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:33 PM

POPULAR

PLEASE no more Luongo/Schneider threads :sadno: :sadno: :picard:
Posted Image
NikiShiz

#3 The Brahma Bull

The Brahma Bull

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,224 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:33 PM

POPULAR

The return for Schneider would be massive, but we're not trading him. :P It's going to be the other guy.

#4 Tanev's Smirk

Tanev's Smirk

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:34 PM

Schneider will not be going anywhere.

#5 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64,337 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:34 PM

The return for Schneider would be massive, but we're not trading him. :P It's going to be the other guy.

This.

::D
Posted Image

#6 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:36 PM

just wondering if we "were" too would trading his rights even get us much of a return?
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#7 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,108 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:37 PM

POPULAR

The return for Schneider will be Schneider returning.

#8 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:38 PM

PLEASE no more Luongo/Schneider threads :sadno: :sadno: :picard:

its fun nikki :)
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#9 Tanev's Smirk

Tanev's Smirk

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

just wondering if we "were" too would trading his rights even get us much of a return?

We would.

#10 jonnycanuck46

jonnycanuck46

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 714 posts

Sure hope so
Posted Image

Ephesians 2:7-9

"That in the ages to come he might show the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast."

#11 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:39 PM

We would.

really? just thought teams might to give a lot for just his rights when they don't even know if a player would even sign with them..

just like for Ehrhoff's rights.
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#12 The Brahma Bull

The Brahma Bull

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,224 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:40 PM

it's not just his rights though. that would be a player that was just about to become a UFA. Schneider will be an rfa. (i think)

Edited by The Brahma Bull, 19 April 2012 - 07:42 PM.

#13 Tanev's Smirk

Tanev's Smirk

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:40 PM

Ehrhoff was a UFA. They were trading for a day or two of extra neg time.

#14 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:42 PM

whatever goaliee goes we will still end up being a better team.

Keep Schnieds, have a good young goalie and get a good player or 2 for Lu

Keep Lu, prob get a star player and still have a good goalie
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#15 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:44 PM

it's not just his rights though. that would be a player that was just about to become a UFA. Schneider will be an rfa. (i think)

ok kinda know the main difference between an RFA and UFA but not the specifics....just wondering what if Schnieds goes to a team but decides he doesn't want to sign there....then what would happen??
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#16 Underachieving Hero of CDC

Underachieving Hero of CDC

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:51 PM

I think the chances of Schneider signing with a team would be very high once that team has traded for his rights. He is still a young guy, he's just looking for a #1 job and he seems like the type of guy that would want to pay back a team's investment in him. His value would be very high, and its only getting higher. Still though, the best possible use the Canucks have for Schneider is as their #1 guy next season.

#17 Tanev's Smirk

Tanev's Smirk

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:52 PM

ok kinda know the main difference between an RFA and UFA but not the specifics....just wondering what if Schnieds goes to a team but decides he doesn't want to sign there....then what would happen??

He would sit out for a season.

#18 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:53 PM

I think the chances of Schneider signing with a team would be very high once that team has traded for his rights. He is still a young guy, he's just looking for a #1 job and he seems like the type of guy that would want to pay back a team's investment in him. His value would be very high, and its only getting higher. Still though, the best possible use the Canucks have for Schneider is as their #1 guy next season.

yeah i think so too...lol after just seeing the Hawks lose again by another crap goal what if Lu waived his NTC and goes to the Hawks??....just sayin
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#19 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:54 PM

He would sit out for a season.

oh ok thanks for letting me know....Yeah so I guess his value would still be high because if he doesn't want to sign with the team he would not be making anything if he sits, which is not going to happen
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#20 Westcoasting

Westcoasting

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,251 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:57 PM

yeah i think so too...lol after just seeing the Hawks lose again by another crap goal what if Lu waived his NTC and goes to the Hawks??....just sayin

I am thinking the hawks have seen three straight years of sketchy playoff performances... they are not one team who would be in the market for him!

#21 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:00 PM

I am thinking the hawks have seen three straight years of sketchy playoff performances... they are not one team who would be in the market for him!

\that was playing against them, maybe he is good playing for them!!! lol

Man 3 straight??, he played good against them last playoffs, give him credit where it is due
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#22 FanInCalgary

FanInCalgary

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:01 PM

haha lu going to Chicago? The fans love him here compared to how he'd be treated in Chicago.

#23 ILL BILL NECRO

ILL BILL NECRO

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:21 PM

Just stop talking, this is ridiculous.
Posted Image

#24 louielouie1

louielouie1

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:21 PM

\that was playing against them, maybe he is good playing for them!!! lol

Man 3 straight??, he played good against them last playoffs, give him credit where it is due

He played well against them last year? You're joking right? I'm not a Lu hater, but he was awful against the Hawks, he's a big reason why they came back and we started Schneider to wake him up.

That's like saying Bryz played well against the Pens if the Flyers were to win their current series.

Edited by louielouie1, 19 April 2012 - 08:28 PM.

Posted Image

#25 krazysl

krazysl

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:24 PM

the problem is whomever wants schneid just has to make an offer,we then have to match that offer or lose him. If we trade his rights then the same goes for that team, so yes his trade value is still high. The team that gets his rights will also be able to take him to arbitration (spl chk). As the canucks right now Schneid is ours if we want to keep him, if someone offers 7mil a year we can match it or not. If schneid doesnt want the money we offer he can go to arbitration and we have him for one more year.

#26 B_a_M

B_a_M

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:25 PM

The way Schnieder is playing other Gm's are drooling over him like Tampa, New Jersey (if Broduer retires) Islanders. But I can't see Luongo staying considering AV call on Schnieder on a must win game for 2nd straight game and more and likely Schnieder will play in game 5. So why would Luongo want to stay if the team and the coaching staff don't believe in him to win the must win games.

On a side note you have to give it to Schnieder he has come in goal in a real tough position, on the road in a must win games. The kid is playing like a 15 year vet.

#27 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:27 PM

He played well against them last year? You're joking right? I'm not a Lu hater, but he was awful against the Hawks, he's a big reason why they came back and we started Schneider to wake him up.

That's like saying Bryz played well against the Pens if they were to win their current series.

When it counted he came up big....the games he lost, didn't really get beat by a weak or bad goal like he did in the other series...and no Bryz has been a whole lot worse than Lu last year against the Hawks get real...anyways
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#28 cadillaccts

cadillaccts

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:30 PM

He is still valuable because whatever team gets his rights gets him for at least 1 year. They could either take him to arbitration if they don't come to an initial agreement, or match an offer sheet from another team.. Either way ensures 1 year of play for said team.

#29 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:31 PM

The way Schnieder is playing other Gm's are drooling over him like Tampa, New Jersey (if Broduer retires) Islanders. But I can't see Luongo staying considering AV call on Schnieder on a must win game for 2nd straight game and more and likely Schnieder will play in game 5. So why would Luongo want to stay if the team and the coaching staff don't believe in him to win the must win games.

On a side note you have to give it to Schnieder he has come in goal in a real tough position, on the road in a must win games. The kid is playing like a 15 year vet.

Oh yeah I know, the way he is playing is just putting his value even higher, just didnt know it still would be since he were to be an RFA. And yeah now I don't see Lu staying here if AV is still here. It really is a double edge sword for whatever goalie leaves, as in Schnieds is the better return and Lu's return is still good but definately not as good for Schnieds

Edited by cmpunk, 19 April 2012 - 08:31 PM.

Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#30 krazysl

krazysl

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:32 PM

schneider for parise... I do not want schneid to go at all, I am huge schneider supporter, but I think thats the kind of trade we can get. Lou on the other hand lecavier...or phenuef (spl chk)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.