The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is Schnieds Value Going To Be That High?

cmpunk

I was just thinking and was wondering about this. Schnied's value is already high, and is getting a lot higher with his great playoff perfromances.

But just wondering would he actually generate a big return when we would really just be trading his rights to a team as he is set to be an RFA? If this is the case, don't think a team would give us much for just his rights. However the way I see it if we were sign Schnieder to a contract, that is when his true value will viewed and get a big return. But I don't think management would sign and trade a player as it will look bad for future players signing, or if they do sign him, I could see Lu then requesting the trade as he would assume Schnieder would be the number 1.

Whatever the case this offseason is going to be VERY interesting.

whatever goaliee goes we will still end up being a better team.

Keep Schnieds, have a good young goalie and get a good player or 2 for Lu

Keep Lu, prob get a star player and still have a good goalie

I think the chances of Schneider signing with a team would be very high once that team has traded for his rights. He is still a young guy, he's just looking for a #1 job and he seems like the type of guy that would want to pay back a team's investment in him. His value would be very high, and its only getting higher. Still though, the best possible use the Canucks have for Schneider is as their #1 guy next season.

I think the chances of Schneider signing with a team would be very high once that team has traded for his rights. He is still a young guy, he's just looking for a #1 job and he seems like the type of guy that would want to pay back a team's investment in him. His value would be very high, and its only getting higher. Still though, the best possible use the Canucks have for Schneider is as their #1 guy next season.

Archived