The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is Schnieds Value Going To Be That High?

cmpunk

the problem is whomever wants schneid just has to make an offer,we then have to match that offer or lose him. If we trade his rights then the same goes for that team, so yes his trade value is still high. The team that gets his rights will also be able to take him to arbitration (spl chk). As the canucks right now Schneid is ours if we want to keep him, if someone offers 7mil a year we can match it or not. If schneid doesnt want the money we offer he can go to arbitration and we have him for one more year.

The way Schnieder is playing other Gm's are drooling over him like Tampa, New Jersey (if Broduer retires) Islanders. But I can't see Luongo staying considering AV call on Schnieder on a must win game for 2nd straight game and more and likely Schnieder will play in game 5. So why would Luongo want to stay if the team and the coaching staff don't believe in him to win the must win games.

On a side note you have to give it to Schnieder he has come in goal in a real tough position, on the road in a must win games. The kid is playing like a 15 year vet.

He played well against them last year? You're joking right? I'm not a Lu hater, but he was awful against the Hawks, he's a big reason why they came back and we started Schneider to wake him up.

That's like saying Bryz played well against the Pens if they were to win their current series.

He is still valuable because whatever team gets his rights gets him for at least 1 year. They could either take him to arbitration if they don't come to an initial agreement, or match an offer sheet from another team.. Either way ensures 1 year of play for said team.

The way Schnieder is playing other Gm's are drooling over him like Tampa, New Jersey (if Broduer retires) Islanders. But I can't see Luongo staying considering AV call on Schnieder on a must win game for 2nd straight game and more and likely Schnieder will play in game 5. So why would Luongo want to stay if the team and the coaching staff don't believe in him to win the must win games.

On a side note you have to give it to Schnieder he has come in goal in a real tough position, on the road in a must win games. The kid is playing like a 15 year vet.

No statistically Lu wasn't playing as bad as Bryz is now, but it would be the same type scenario where he did just enough to win. And that was also an eighth seeded team where we were first overall. Lu pulled it together last minute to play well, overall against the Hawks...not so well.

I doubt Gillis will trade Schnieder anymore. He already traded Hodgson, and I dont think our fan base will be too pleased if he traded Schnieder. I dont know what we can do with Luongo's contract neither. The only way I see Tampa taking on his contract is if we agreed to take on Lecavlier's contract too. But we would need to move Ballard to free up some cap space as well.

Archived