The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is Schnieds Value Going To Be That High?

cmpunk

the problem is whomever wants schneid just has to make an offer,we then have to match that offer or lose him. If we trade his rights then the same goes for that team, so yes his trade value is still high. The team that gets his rights will also be able to take him to arbitration (spl chk). As the canucks right now Schneid is ours if we want to keep him, if someone offers 7mil a year we can match it or not. If schneid doesnt want the money we offer he can go to arbitration and we have him for one more year.

That *goal* he gave up in Game 7 was the epitome of the Roberto Luongo Era....a needless belly flop, losing his feet and position with the puck in the slot, to a short-handed Hawks team with 120 seconds left and protecting a 1-0 lead. The whiners will say his defense failed him, the others will say it was a very makeable save where he failed spectacularly.

I'm not going to miss those sorts of goals going forward....

I don't think you trade can trade Schneider. I mean he has delivered time in and time out, even after sitting on the bench for so long. Granted that the pressure as a backup is not tremendous, he still has excelled

This does'nt hurt:

GOALTENDING LEADERS

GAA

8471239.jpg

medium.png

Cory Schneider

Goalie - VAN

United States

Video › B. Holtby WSH 1.60 T. Thomas BOS 1.60 J. Halak STL 1.73 J. Quick LAK 1.76 All Stats ›

Save %

8471239.jpg

medium.png

Cory Schneider

Goalie - VAN

United States

Video › B. Holtby WSH .953 J. Quick LAK .952 P. Rinne NSH .942 H. Lundqvist NYR .940 All Stats

I was just thinking and was wondering about this. Schnied's value is already high, and is getting a lot higher with his great playoff perfromances.

But just wondering would he actually generate a big return when we would really just be trading his rights to a team as he is set to be an RFA? If this is the case, don't think a team would give us much for just his rights. However the way I see it if we were sign Schnieder to a contract, that is when his true value will viewed and get a big return. But I don't think management would sign and trade a player as it will look bad for future players signing, or if they do sign him, I could see Lu then requesting the trade as he would assume Schnieder would be the number 1.

Whatever the case this offseason is going to be VERY interesting.

Does Kyle Turris ring a bell? That's why this thread doesn't make sense.

His value would increase slightly if he was on a reasonable contract for another year or two, but it wouldn't be a major difference in the return we'd get.

in the 4 games he won he only allowed 8 goals against. Game 1 shutout, game 7 only one goal allowed and came up with big saves, we all know that.

And you and I both know Hawks may have been an 8th seed but they were still the defending Champions and were not going to be an easy opponent. From what I have learned, seeds really mean nothing nowadays, every team has a chance in the playoffs. Playoffs start as a clean slate for every team and regular season means absolutely nothing once playoffs begin

Archived