Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

If Luongo Was To Waive His No Trade Claus Witch Team Do You Think He Would Choose

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
89 replies to this topic

#61 Odjickwillkillyou

Odjickwillkillyou

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 09:32 AM

Tampa makes the most sense as they are a netminder away from contention and all the other variables, but I am going off the record and saying he will ask to be traded to the Texas Brahmas of the Central Hockey League down here in Fort Worth. Low pressure environment, maybe 500 fans per game, cheap booze at the games and the Brahma Girls who look like they just rolled out of a meth trailer after drinking all day while watching Springer re-runs and eating endless amounts of Whataburger (Our local burger chain). Mark it down folks. He will be the first netminder in CHL history to record a shutout in every game on his way to the Whatever They Call It Cup.

"Just cause I am from Cali does not mean I am not a Canuck. We are all Canucks!"

Special thanks to Marleau 12 for the siggy...

"Gino's got the Zaaaaaaaaaaaa's"

#62 Get real canuck fans

Get real canuck fans

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 09:46 AM

Best fit for both organizations is Tampa. There will be some UFA goalies available but none with the pedigree of Lu because the only reason we in this spot is there was no way knowing Cory would become this good this early.
Lu would give Tampa the best chance of making the playoffs by quite a margin over guys like Harding, who although will be cheaper and cost them no assets, Lu is proven and being close to home in a less hockey crazed market works for both sides, and Tampa probably remembers him as the Florida goalie who was Vezinba calibre back in the Florida days.
Tampa was in playoff contention and a mature goalie could have got them quite a was this year because their goaltending was FLeury/Bryzish quite often this year.
Lu is a middle of the pack starting goalie which is not the easiest thing in the world to aquire. I imagine Boston may be willing to part with Thomas if Boston doesn't go back to the finals, but they just did the Roloson thing and TT was 38 a few days back.
A Lu and Raymond for Malone and a 1st works for both sides. The pure length of Lu's contract is why we couldn't get a higher return, and Malone's contract isn't the greatest either so works for both.

#63 hafabee

hafabee

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 09:53 AM

I am going off the record and saying he will ask to be traded to the Texas Brahmas of the Central Hockey League down here in Fort Worth.

I can't see this not happening.

I really doubt that any NHL team would pick up Luongo's contract, Vancouver is stuck with Luo for better or worse. He's a good goalie but I'm sure that NHL GM's realize that he's not really worth the lengthy contract he's been signed to.

#64 Odjickwillkillyou

Odjickwillkillyou

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:01 AM

Best fit for both organizations is Tampa. There will be some UFA goalies available but none with the pedigree of Lu because the only reason we in this spot is there was no way knowing Cory would become this good this early.
Lu would give Tampa the best chance of making the playoffs by quite a margin over guys like Harding, who although will be cheaper and cost them no assets, Lu is proven and being close to home in a less hockey crazed market works for both sides, and Tampa probably remembers him as the Florida goalie who was Vezinba calibre back in the Florida days.
Tampa was in playoff contention and a mature goalie could have got them quite a was this year because their goaltending was FLeury/Bryzish quite often this year.
Lu is a middle of the pack starting goalie which is not the easiest thing in the world to aquire. I imagine Boston may be willing to part with Thomas if Boston doesn't go back to the finals, but they just did the Roloson thing and TT was 38 a few days back.
A Lu and Raymond for Malone and a 1st works for both sides. The pure length of Lu's contract is why we couldn't get a higher return, and Malone's contract isn't the greatest either so works for both.

You make a good point, but sending Raymond's contract the other way with us getting a pick would not work. We would have to absorb another contract along the lines of a Brewer or someone comparable to Raymond. Lu would be attractive in TB because he will not come with the stigma that he has here. Sure he has a reputation, but they will not scrutinize him there in the same way and he would instantly add intrigue and some star power to the team. I am normally not one to speculate, but this is playing out in the same way as Manning and Luck in Indy, except in this case Schneids is proven in the big leagues and the Colts are taking a risk.

"Just cause I am from Cali does not mean I am not a Canuck. We are all Canucks!"

#65 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,847 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:06 AM

* WHICH

^ Sorry but I have to fit in with the spell geek community ;) :lol:

Anyways, my list is:

1) Tampa
2) Florida
3) Washington - not sure how it would work but it could work

Seeing how you're trying to fit in with the "Spell Geek Community":

"Then we have “anyways,” a colloquial corruption of “anyway.” It’s universally considered nonstandard and should be avoided altogether. It might help to remember that “anyway” is an adverb, and adverbs can’t be plural."

McCoy: We were speculating. Is God really out there?
Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

Posted Image

#66 Hotdawg

Hotdawg

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:12 AM

Seeing how you're trying to fit in with the "Spell Geek Community":

"Then we have “anyways,” a colloquial corruption of “anyway.” It’s universally considered nonstandard and should be avoided altogether. It might help to remember that “anyway” is an adverb, and adverbs can’t be plural."

I think you both need to get together in "merry" old England.

#67 Tangerines

Tangerines

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,414 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:15 AM

If anything it will end up being LU for Vinny Lecavalier. They're about the same age, and one bad contract for another.

#68 Odjickwillkillyou

Odjickwillkillyou

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:21 AM

I have heard numerous analysts say the Vinny for Lu contracts are far apart when it comes to immediate cap impact and also, that Lu has much more value due to Vinny losing a lot of speed and generally being worn down. In theory it makes sense, but Gillis will not do it. Technically Lu is still in his prime while it is more than obvious that Vinny is not.

#69 Get real canuck fans

Get real canuck fans

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:23 AM

If anything it will end up being LU for Vinny Lecavalier. They're about the same age, and one bad contract for another.

If Vinny wasn't a centre it would make more sense.
Imagine the plan may be to let Schroeder take over the 3rd line role next year because they were raving about how well he been playing for the final 3/4 of the year in the AHL, especially his defensive improvements.
Only reason I say Lu and Raymond for Malone and a 1st is because I think Lu is worth more than Malone, and Raymond is not worth a 1st so it balances out.

#70 Hobbes71

Hobbes71

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:44 AM

i would say Tampa Bay and Florida would be on the list, possibly New Jersey (but iffy)

a trade to tampa for hedman is a juicey idea, but Van would probably have to sweaten the pot a bit. so throw in Ballard or Raymond along with Lou.

#71 Burrrrkes

Burrrrkes

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:04 AM

I would only do that if we can add Ballard into that deal. We will be taking in 2 extra mil with lecavalier contract. Plus, Tampa needs another dman so it would be perfect.

#72 Get real canuck fans

Get real canuck fans

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:11 AM

I would only do that if we can add Ballard into that deal. We will be taking in 2 extra mil with lecavalier contract. Plus, Tampa needs another dman so it would be perfect.

I would do something to make this work as well. Vinny did have 19 points in 18 playoff games last season and did have 22 this year in just over 60 games because a goal scorer is exactly what this team needs.

#73 bd71

bd71

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:11 AM

This is getting old so fast.

If they lose this weekend this summer is going to be awful with all the speculation about Luongo and Schneider and the whole controversy. I want them to win just so this speculation is not the only thing people are talking about.

The whole thing about the awesomeness of the way the Canucks treat their players and how the locker room is great is going to take a huge hit because of all this. It's going to be a long, boring Luongo summer.

Edited by bd71, 20 April 2012 - 11:12 AM.

#74 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,200 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:13 AM

Montreal, Florida, Tampa Bay.

#75 Get real canuck fans

Get real canuck fans

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:15 AM

This is getting old so fast.

If they lose this weekend this summer is going to be awful with all the speculation about Luongo and Schneider and the whole controversy. I want them to win just so this speculation is not the only thing people are talking about.

The whole thing about the awesomeness of the way the Canucks treat their players and how the locker room is great is going to take a huge hit because of all this. It's going to be a long, boring Luongo summer.

Would think if it is going to be Tampa it will have to happen before July 1st because they will need to know if they need to go after a Harding or another UFA goalie.

#76 Leftcoast7

Leftcoast7

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:29 AM

I heard we were after Ryan Malone at the deadline. Wouldn't mind Lou/MayRay for Malone/1st-2nd rd pick.

#77 neonlyte

neonlyte

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:34 PM

Its funny seeing people say he won't get traded... so you think Lou is gonna kick back and play backup to Corey next season? I don't think so.

At any rate, Tampa, Jersey, and Florida are about the only ones that make sense.

You'd have to be taking part in the 4/20 festivities to want to go to Montreal, Toronto, Edmonton or Long Island.

With some goaltending Tampa and Jersey could be competitive so they make sense. However, going to Jersey means Brodeur retires after this season and he's likely to play for one more year, so that just leaves Tampa or Florida.

If he is ok with never having a chance to win again, then back to Florida he goes, they always seem to need help reaching the cap floor anyway. If he wants a shot to win, then Tampa is his only option.

#78 raymondsplayoffbeard

raymondsplayoffbeard

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:58 PM

Never happen. Next thread.

28krklj.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#79 Ray_Cathode

Ray_Cathode

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,863 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 04:49 PM

Tampa is a threat to win a Stanley Cup if they get an elite goaltender. Tampa is a few hours drive from the inlaws. No tax, less pressure. Sunshine and beaches. Louongo would at least consider it and Steve Yserman would too. Question is what would we
get back for Louongo? Hedman?? Connolly??? 1st round pick????

How do you figure he'd want to go to these teams? whats your rational to your thinking? sure a few of these teams listed are cup contenders or at least in the running but over 1/2 the teams your mentioned are no where near cup runs, they'd be lucky to have playoff runs with Luongo

Why on earth would a team hoping for a cup run with Luongo? They'd want a guy much more consistent than Luongo. Luongo is not what he was, he is a midling goalie nowadays.

#80 Raph

Raph

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 05:00 PM

LOL at ppl thinking that TBL would even consider trading Hedman or Stamkos. If Luongo was looking to be traded, don't look to get very high return for him as it is essentially a fire sale. The best we can do is probably TB's first round pick and maybe a 2nd tier prospect. We're not getting core roster players back from TB as they want to have a run of their own.

And the Patrick Roy trade is a great example of the return we can get, situation similar.

Edited by Raph, 20 April 2012 - 05:01 PM.

#81 Vlas=d

Vlas=d

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 05:09 PM

Tampa is a threat to win a Stanley Cup if they get an elite goaltender. Tampa is a few hours drive from the inlaws. No tax, less pressure. Sunshine and beaches. Louongo would at least consider it and Steve Yserman would too. Question is what would we
get back for Louongo? Hedman?? Connolly??? 1st round pick????

no way in hell that yzerman gives up anything like that. taking on luongo's contract would COST the canucks prospects / picks. the only person that yzerman would trade straight up for luo is lecavalier because his contract is horrid. why would tampa bay just take on a 48 million contract and then give up prospects to take it on?

there are plenty of good goalies out there that have far more desirable contracts.

#82 Jaimito

Jaimito

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,164 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 05:40 PM

go back to school
Posted Image

#83 Edlerberry

Edlerberry

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 06:18 PM

Gillis has a hard-on for Americans. That alone will be the deciding factor :shock:
July 7-2013

Toronto will take a step back next year.
Feel free to quote me.

July 8-2013

Wow I can't believe peoples replies...
Im done here. You people are disgusting..

#84 surtur

surtur

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 06:26 PM

Why all the trade talk nothing can happen until the playoffs are over lets enjoy the games...no matter who is in net.

Release The KraKassian
Kassianthe_Krakensm.jpg

#85 Nordiques_fan

Nordiques_fan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 07:14 PM

Québec.

#86 taib mahmud

taib mahmud

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 07:25 PM

1 for 1 for Cody. Luongo isn't worth much now with the contract he has. Maybe just Cody and a draft pick.

#87 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 07:41 PM

Luongo for Mike Green
Posted Image

#88 Edlerberry

Edlerberry

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 07:56 PM

yeah Luongo + Kassian for Cody Hodgson
July 7-2013

Toronto will take a step back next year.
Feel free to quote me.

July 8-2013

Wow I can't believe peoples replies...
Im done here. You people are disgusting..

#89 jovocop55

jovocop55

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,113 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 08:10 PM

Tampa makes the most sense. Close to his family. Familiar with the region. Nice weather. No media trolls. And Luongo will make that team instantly better.

More importantly.... who would we get back? :bigblush:

i'm sure the canucks won't get much back.. maybe a draft pick and forward.. it's good enough to dump that big contract..

#90 SkateLogoWasBetter

SkateLogoWasBetter

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:38 AM

Just an FYI, many many fans and media in NY think the Islanders would make the biggest push for him. Lets not forget he is part of the exodus of every talented player under the completely horrible tenure of Mike Milbury. They have a ton of talent in the minors, draft picks and a truly underrated stud in Matt Moulson who I'd love to see in VanCity.

That being said, I don't see him leaving. I'd love to see him catch fire and put the haters to bed and frankly I am beginning to wonder why he'd even want to be here. The guy peels off tar and feathers seemingly every other day. If he gets back into form and the Nucks win the Cup, Schneider is gone (sadly) If they don't I cannot imagine trading either of them and all we'll be listening to are fans complaining about it.
Posted Image">

My expansive Sami Salo Game worn collection: sami-salo.webs.com

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.