The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

If Luongo Was To Waive His No Trade Claus Witch Team Do You Think He Would Choose

canucks10271999

Florida

Tampa

Edmonton

New jersey

Ny islanders

Players that I want from those teams that would be realistic.

Florida-gudbransson and Theodore

Tampa-1st round pick

Edmonton-pajarvi,n.scultz

New jersey-volchenkov,1st round pick

Ny islamders-grabner,pa parenteau

Depends

If he wants to win the Cup he'll go to a contending team

If he just wants to make lots of money and live a life of luxury (a la Ehrhoff) he'll probably request a trade to Tampa Bay or the Panthers.

Doubt he's going anywhere though. We only see the tip of the iceberg. Canucks management isn't going to let him walk like that when he's the best goalie the organization has ever had.

The obvious choice would be tampa. I could very much see a luongo and ballard for lecavalier/ some prospects happening. It's a fair deal I would say. They take in the massive long luongo contract and we get another massive long contract for a forward. Plus, we shed off some cap.

Either Tampa/Florida for personal reasons, or the best available team that could need a goalie which would be either New Jersey, or Washington. Edmonton might be able to be lumped into the later category. If they had Luongo, I could see them being a legitimate team a year or two from now.

I don't understand how some people are saying he'd never waive his NTC.

The fans/media in Vancouver have done nothing but throw him under the bus every chance they get (whether it be warranted or not) then loses his number 1 gig during the playoffs. You don't think he's contemplating the idea of getting a fresh start? He already knows his playing time will keep decreasing as long as Schneider is here.

Archived