The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dr. Recchi On Team 1040 Sister Station.

Anyone catch the radio interview played on Team 1040?

The only thing I didn't agree with, was how Recchi said the Bruins won the cup because they played the right way.

REALLY???!!!!

I really shouldn't be surprised his perspective is so skewered. Everyone from Boston is like that, from Claude and Peter to Don Cherry and PJ Stock to his comments about Pacioretty's concussion.

I've heard 'we played the right way' used as an expression by both teams regarding that series. To me it's gamesmanship (another word for horsesh?t).

Boston won because we were missing a few of our defensemen. They won because a lot of our forwards were injured as well. They won because they on the other hand were not injured as much. 'Playing the right way' had nothing to do with winning at all.

Anyone else tired of having Mark Rechhi being put on the air? You're retired. Buh-bye! Cheers.

TOML

I've heard 'we played the right way' used as an expression by both teams regarding that series. To me it's gamesmanship (another word for horsesh?t).

Boston won because we were missing a few of our defensemen. They won because a lot of our forwards were injured as well. They won because they on the other hand were not injured as much. 'Playing the right way' had nothing to do with winning at all.

Anyone else tired of having Mark Rechhi being put on the air? You're retired. Buh-bye! Cheers.

TOML

Archived