The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Keep Both Goalies (If They Don't Give Us What We Want)

Sandro17

our future is bleak regardless of which goalie we keep.. trading Schneider will make it a little less bleak.. what we need is probably trade both and completely reload.. our farm is weak we have 0 can't miss top prospect in the system.. we'd be lucky if they make it as a 3rd liner or a top 4 defensemen.. Sedin's are getting older and production will probably begin to fall like this season.. and who knows if Daniel will ever be the same again after that elbow to the head.. remember Naslund after the Moore's hit? Kesler is pretty much what u see what you get.. a player that'll try to do everything by himself and not use his teammate.. we missed our chance.. and if you think our future is bright with Schneider? give your head a shake.. sure we'll be competitive.. but we'll never be a serious contender for yrs to come.. i rather trade Schneider for some grade AAA+ prospect and tank a few seasons to reload.. than float around in the middle pack of the league for yrs to come.. we know that won't happen.. but i rather that's what will happen :(

I agree with keeping both unless we really see something worth dumping salary for.

Nobody knows if Cory is ready to play 200+% of his normal workload next year.

Also, everyone is thinking about goalie #1, but who will be number #2?

Has Eddie Lack had any NHL regular season experience yet?

If the Canucks don't get another goaltender in return, Lack will have to take a huge step forward too.

Archived