The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Has Gillis Made Any Good Transactions This Season?

Canuckfan1970

I like Mike Gillis. I think he was a very astute GM. I've been impressed with the pieces he's added every season.... with the exception of this season. Wth happened this season? From last summer signings to trade deadline deals, were there any good player transactions? Gillis was pretty much hamstrung from being so close to the cap this year that he couldn't really get any rentals for a playoff run.

Guest The Brown Burrows

Pahlsson deal. Good.

Booth deal was good for us but Florida gained future cap space. Even.

Hodgson for Kassian is a move for the future. For present, major bust (sorry) as we aren't using him (3 mins. a game...might as well not play) and we aren't even playing Gragnani (playoff performer?). Sulzer wasn't good here.

Pahlsson was fair value.

I liked the Booth trade when it went down, but it definitely hasn't worked out as well as I hoped. I would much rather have Samuelsson for these playoffs.

I think the Hodgson deal was just so bad that it kind of overshadows everything else.

Pahlsson was fair value.

I liked the Booth trade when it went down, but it definitely hasn't worked out as well as I hoped. I would much rather have Samuelsson for these playoffs.

I think the Hodgson deal was just so bad that it kind of overshadows everything else.

Before I posted I had given thought to Booth and Pahlsson... This year has not been Booth's year and he could turn the deal into a good one. Pahlsson... not bad, not great. But that's why I through out the question, I want to see what the yoco locos think about our GM's deals this year.... No Higgins, Lappiere deals this season. Speaking of which, what's happened to Higgins? Then again up until game 4 that question could be asked about each player.... except our goaltenders and Hansen. That boy definitely gets jacked for the playoffs.

I have never understood all the love you guys have for Gillis. The core of this team was already in place by the time Gillis took over. Looking at the current team, just look at how many of them were brought in by Gillis. There are currently 2 difference makers that Gillis has brought in and those are Hamhuis and Booth (correct me if I am wrong). Like I said I just don't understand all the praise the man gets. Its the same thing with most Hawks fans and Bowman, our core was put in place by Tallon. Bowman just happened to be in the right place at the right time and if the Canucks had won the Cup last year or if they win this year I would say same thing about Gillis.

Pahlsson was a great deal. The Booth deal is pretty good and will help us in the future, although Samuelsson is ripping it up for Florida right now. Also resigning Bieksa (decent), and resigning Higgins, Lappierre and Salo (good).

Booth was good deal. Remember he hasn't had a full year with us yet though.

Look at Lappy/Higgins. They were both pretty good when we acquired them, but they were MUCH better this year after having a full season and getting adjusted.

Next season I expect Booth to put up 25+ goals if he stays healthy.

Pahlsson was also another good acquisition. He's an amazing shut down center for the 3rd line. He's also chipped in a bit offensively too, which is always welcome.

Kassian/Hodgson deal I don't like, but we can't even attempt to discuss this trade anytime soon. They were both trades for the future and we'll have to see how they both pan out.

Booth is a lousy linemate for Kesler because they both don't pass. Samuelsson was a playmaker. Trading Samuelsson for Booth is a failure.

Like everyone said, the Hodgson trade is so bad it overshadows everything else. All the rights he has done cannot negate this single wrong.

Archived