The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

I Feel So Bad For Luo

Canouver

He's not getting traded. And he only let in ONE bad goal this series. He played pretty great otherwise. If the rest of the team had showed up to play in games 1 & 2, maybe we wouldnt even be down in the series right now.

the chances of his contract being moved is near impossible, all the stars would have to align. even then what you would get would be garbage. what you get for schneider would be far better. still have eddie lack who looks promising who outplayed both luo and schneider in the preseason.

Guest BuckFoston

I don't care so much that there is a chance he is traded as I am annoyed at all the stupid articles on all the main sports pages including NHL home page. "Lu-sing his job?" Oh, how utterly clever. I get that these people have nothing better to do that sensationalize every little story, but I thought that foolish talk was reserved for CDC's Luongo vs. Schneider threads. Seeing supposedly reputable sources and writers jump on this crap is what's really disgusting.

I don't care so much that there is a chance he is traded as I am annoyed at all the stupid articles on all the main sports pages including NHL home page. "Lu-sing his job?" Oh, how utterly clever. I get that these people have nothing better to do that sensationalize every little story, but I thought that foolish talk was reserved for CDC's Luongo vs. Schneider threads. Seeing supposedly reputable sources and writers jump on this crap is what's really disgusting.

I don't blame Lui at all.

if we let in 8 goals in a game like last year vs Boston. I will blame him badly. But now, I will blame MG and AV most.

Especially AV, he has not inspired the team in playoff and the whole team played like garbage.

He's not getting traded. And he only let in ONE bad goal this series. He played pretty great otherwise. If the rest of the team had showed up to play in games 1 & 2, maybe we wouldnt even be down in the series right now.

First of all, I love Lu so let's get that straight. He has been one of the best we've ever had.

But don't feel bad - this is simply part of the deal. Corey & Lu have had each other's backs and have supported one another - now it's Corey's time to shine. He's earned that right to take things to the next level and experience playoffs. Yes, it is sad that it's at Lu's expense with regard to ice time but, as Lu himself said, it's about "team" right now, nothing more.

The psychological baggage that Lu must carry is likely huge, but he's done well to address it and stay on top of his game. Last year fell apart - the entire team collapsed and Lu was the last means of defense so took the brunt of that. It's got to weigh heavy at times and, with the team faltering, perhaps some new perspective was in order, that's all. Someone who doesn't carry the war wounds that are still so fresh. While Lu deserves to continue to work through all that, we need a change and, unfortunately, that can include the goaltender.

While Lu is a competitor and this is likely difficult (to sit), we have to try plan B to see if we get a different outcome. But Lu will always be great in my mind and I'm not convinced we won't see him again (despite the vultures, I mean the media packing his bags for him).

Why do u feel bad for lu? lol he's played amazing for the past 2 games...without him we would've been murdered! the switch up...in my opinion.,..was to give it a change. (spice it up) who cares...they both play well ...why make it such a huge deal...! its not lol

the chances of his contract being moved is near impossible, all the stars would have to align. even then what you would get would be garbage. what you get for schneider would be far better. still have eddie lack who looks promising who outplayed both luo and schneider in the preseason.

Being top team in the league two years in a row, getting his team within ONE game of the Stanley cup last year. A bad goal or two in this years first round. I would kill to have a goalie like that on our team... Oh , wait...we do, and I am pretty sure he also back stopped Canada to a Gold medal in the Olympics. I love Schneider, but Luongo is still the best goalie in the league.

If/when we get to the second round start Luongo.

No need to feel bad for Luo, not only is he a pro but he is also a multi millionair, trust me he'll get over this and so will the team!

Like i have said over and over Cory has taken over Luo's job and every one on the team knows it, you can see it on the ice, they play for Cory, and they don't for Luo, very obvious, you can also hear it in their voices in interviews. Luo is very down right now, and if he gets another shot between the pipes in the playoffs he better make good on the chance or he is 100% done here.

So don't feel bad it is all up to him right now, no one else!

Archived