The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

I Feel So Bad For Luo

Canouver

Yes you can, Cory has not been given the "easy games" that backups get. They have played him vs the Top teams and he has outplayed Lou. Not only that he has been consistent whether it is coming off the bench cold or getting the run of games, Lou has not.

You should edit you post to "I can't compare backups stats to starters" because the rest of us can.

I just love it when people put words in your mouth to try and make there argument better, nice one.

If I miss lead you into thinking i was talking about a goalie who played one game then i feel bad. I know English is not the first language for all on this board.

I was talking about Cory and Lou just so you know, and Cory has played better then Lou with a larger then "backup" game load and playing top teams. I'm not saying Lou is not a good goalie but the pressure is too much for him her and it shows.

Me too. I honestly think if we had just freakin stuck with him we probably would have made it to OT in Game 3 (Schneider's goal was on a big juicy rebound, which is his weakness...compared to Luongo whose weakness is bad goals from sharp angles once in awhile).

First off God forgives everyone reguardless if they deserve it or not!!!

This is not the issue here, the fact of the matter is, yes Luo is under tremendous pressure and is caving!

This is not a reflection of who he is off the ice, our opinions and feelings for him are based soully on his performance one the ice!!!!!!

Stop makeing your judgements about his person, and instead base them on his performace, which has been poor this season!

First off God forgives everyone reguardless if they deserve it or not!!!

This is not the issue here, the fact of the matter is, yes Luo is under tremendous pressure and is caving!

This is not a reflection of who he is off the ice, our opinions and feelings for him are based soully on his performance one the ice!!!!!!

Stop makeing your judgements about his person, and instead base them on his performace, which has been poor this season!

Me too. I honestly think if we had just freakin stuck with him we probably would have made it to OT in Game 3 (Schneider's goal was on a big juicy rebound, which is his weakness...compared to Luongo whose weakness is bad goals from sharp angles once in awhile).

Thank you for agreeing with me. But they might not trade him, because of his NTC, which means that a player CANNOT be traded without his consent, so ya. Unless he ASKS to be traded, then it will happen. He's done so much for the city of Vancouver, children's hospital, the Canuck hospice, and a lot more. And we don't even respect him. I think people should start respecting him more. And stop going on the bandwagon, Lu by far has been the top starting goalie in VANCOUVER HISTORY, even AV said that he's the Canucks franchise goalie, he surpassed a few things that Canucks goalie hasn't, and he did.

Wolves Star

Lou is a great player and a good person. I think he proved everything by winning the Olympics 2010 and leading our team to last year's Stanley Cup Final. Yes, sometimes he makes mistakes, but everyone does. And even when he makes mistakes, he always comes back stronger. Because he's a hard worker. He's real committed to the whole Canucks organization. I strongly believe that he won't be traded 'cause everyone inside the organization understands what a great person Lou is and how important he is for this team, so don't worry about that. We got 2 awesome and talented goalies. We, Canucks fans, should be proud of that! And I think people (some "fans" and the media) should support him a lot more. He's gonna be a better player if he'll see that the whole city is behind him, that fans love him and believe in him. He deserves it. Sometimes we all need some support. Lou right now, needs it, maybe more than he ever did.

P.S. I was really proud of the guys' performances in Game 3 and especially in Game 4. If we play the way we did in Game 4, we can win in Vancouver and put the pressure on LA. I always believe in our team. In good times. And in bad times. The Rise began. We can do this because we are Canucks! Go Canucks Go!

Being top team in the league two years in a row, getting his team within ONE game of the Stanley cup last year. A bad goal or two in this years first round. I would kill to have a goalie like that on our team... Oh , wait...we do, and I am pretty sure he also back stopped Canada to a Gold medal in the Olympics. I love Schneider, but Luongo is still the best goalie in the league.

If/when we get to the second round start Luongo.

Lou is defo one of my fave players, when I first seriously started following the league and all that jazz he was my fave player in the whole team

I don't know enough about trading and stats and the politics of it all but if he goes (which I hope he doesn't ) I'll have to keep up with that team too :) although he has been well, not on top for lately but still all in all <3 for Lou!

Schneider is not having a "great season." He played 25 games this year. How can you call that a "season"? In the past five years Luongo has played 258 games to Schneider's 68. Luongo has a better GAA and a better save percentage. But still people want him gone. I hope Schneider has what it takes, because you can be sure if he manages to lose a game all by himself, just like Luongo did, all by himself, he will be the next whipping boy for the "fans" and the "media".

the chances of his contract being moved is near impossible, all the stars would have to align. even then what you would get would be garbage. what you get for schneider would be far better. still have eddie lack who looks promising who outplayed both luo and schneider in the preseason.

Archived