Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Fire Mg And Av?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
56 replies to this topic

#1 nux4lyfe

nux4lyfe

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,465 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 04:09 AM

Who's supposed to come in and take you on this 'magic carpet' ride?, do tell, please?...people act as if the coaching and the GM is the problem, isn't this almost the exact same team that almost won it all?..what more you want?..change the whole dynamic because?

Did MG look in to the future and see that we'd be down 3-0 and laugh about it? No doubt he tried @ the deadline, but how many trades happened?...it was a snooze fest because the prices were ridiculous...and than the same people complain about how we don't have enough elite prospects.

Some of you need to give your head a shake and be appreciative, This is the same staff that actually showed us some promise and good times, be humble Nuckleheads, be humble, is all I have to say.

Edited by nux4lyfe, 21 April 2012 - 06:38 AM.

13zpnd4.jpg

Thank You Twilight Sparkle for the dope sig!

#2 Guest_BuckFoston_*

Guest_BuckFoston_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2012 - 04:31 AM

I wish people could get fired on CDC for starting redundant threads as a twisted way of self gratification.

#3 mau5trap

mau5trap

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 05:18 AM

These early morning threads are very interesting.. :unsure:

Posted Image

#4 marknessmonster

marknessmonster

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 05:18 AM

That would be dumb move to fire the gm hes been awesome brings in the right talent Booth, makes the tough but logical signings Sedin's, kesler, the only poor moves hes made is signing Lou big Money long term that deals holding the team back from perfect if he was 5 to 6 mil like he should be we would have another 4 to 5 mill top Caliber scorer or d man under the cap imagine our team with a shea webber or a Dustin Brown, Phil Kessel, Jeff Carter, Zack Paraise, all names I've heard surface in recent months to year. He makes up for the long term lou deal by hanging on to schneider which actually finally is paying huge dividends. The Coach on the other hand, I'm beginning not like, he always seams to be in a happy mood which is something that keeps the team playing well for him all year, but during playoff time when they need that push he's to nice, and does not hold the players only the goalie accountable. He never has accused does defend him a little but my point is he shouldn't he should comment more on there bad play when there playing bad single out the PLAYERS who aren't producing. Basically get mad, I like Mctavish whos coahing the wolves right now he just might be the perfect fit here to push this team. He gets mad, will motivate them better and i think will be a better playoff coach and lets face it with 2 presidents trophys we don't need more reg season points just 16 playoff wins in one season

#5 Spirit Walker

Spirit Walker

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 05:36 AM

No, Their record speaks for itself.
Posted Image

#6 faninusa

faninusa

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 06:26 AM

Who's supposed to come in and take you on this 'magic carpet' ride?, do tell, please?...people act as if the coaching and the GM is the problem, isn't this almost the exact same team that won it all?..what more you want?..change the whole dynamic because?

Did MG look in to the future and see that we'd be down 3-0 and laugh about it? No doubt he tried @ the deadline, but how many trades happened?...it was a snooze fest because the prices were ridiculous...and than the same people complain about how we don't have enough elite prospects.

Some of you need to give your head a shake and be appreciative, This is the same staff that actually showed us some promise and good times, be humble Nuckleheads, be humble, is all I have to say.

RE: "exact same team that won it all"Did I miss something? When did we win it all?

Edited by faninusa, 21 April 2012 - 06:28 AM.

#7 nux4lyfe

nux4lyfe

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,465 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 06:38 AM

RE: "exact same team that won it all"Did I miss something? When did we win it all?

Good catch & fixed.

13zpnd4.jpg

#8 Monteeun

Monteeun

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,825 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 07:31 AM

Sometimes i wonder how the human race made it this far.

With the way people jump ship when the slightest setback occur, i'm surprised we're not extinct yet.

Benning will be fired next year. Hope he enjoys screwing around for a few months. I just cant believe this. Another injured BC player. We just got rid of garrison. Seems like the canucks and linden just wanted any BC born player. Doesn't matter if hes good or not. We don't need another Linden to get us to game 7 of the Stanley cup and lose. We need someone to win us a cup.

5 million a year for Vrbata? 6 million for Miller? Kesler for Bonino and 24th instead of 10th pick or one of their top prospects? Garrison for scraps?

ive already lost faith in JB. Ive never EVER had this bad of a feeling about management.

#9 wrath_jason

wrath_jason

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 07:35 AM

Even if they woulda lost 4 straight, Mike and Alain have done wonders for this franchise. They ain't going anywhere... except back to the SCF. 2 years in a row!

#10 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,062 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 07:35 AM

AV is a good coach, but Suter is better, more experienced and much smarter. He knows what it takes to win, knows how to adjust his team and how to beat a team like the Canucks. If he adjusts appropriately, he's seen what the Canucks have to offer and will have devised a way to shut them down on Sunday.

AV may be a good coach, but his associate coaches are brutal. Bowness is in charge of the defence who have been one of the worst in the league all season long, and have only looked good because of our great goaltending. The Canucks D give up about as many quality scoring chances as any team in the league due to them pinching, playing aggressively and not playing very physically compared to others like New York, Boston's or even the Kings'. Last year we played this style to perfection but this entire season it has not worked for us and the Canucks defence needs a change.

Then there's the special teams. Our PK has been pretty good but our PP has almost cost us our season right now. We were best in the league in the first half of the season and then 3rd last in the NHL in the second half, which suggests that teams have found a way to adjust to our PP but our own powerplay hasn't found a way to adjust or change at all, which is on Newell Brown. He has arguably the most talented passers and playmakers in the world to work with and his powerplay is struggling which is just unacceptable.
Posted Image

#11 nux4lyfe

nux4lyfe

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,465 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 07:50 AM

AV is a good coach, but Suter is better, more experienced and much smarter. He knows what it takes to win, knows how to adjust his team and how to beat a team like the Canucks. If he adjusts appropriately, he's seen what the Canucks have to offer and will have devised a way to shut them down on Sunday.

AV may be a good coach, but his associate coaches are brutal. Bowness is in charge of the defence who have been one of the worst in the league all season long, and have only looked good because of our great goaltending. The Canucks D give up about as many quality scoring chances as any team in the league due to them pinching, playing aggressively and not playing very physically compared to others like New York, Boston's or even the Kings'. Last year we played this style to perfection but this entire season it has not worked for us and the Canucks defence needs a change.

Then there's the special teams. Our PK has been pretty good but our PP has almost cost us our season right now. We were best in the league in the first half of the season and then 3rd last in the NHL in the second half, which suggests that teams have found a way to adjust to our PP but our own powerplay hasn't found a way to adjust or change at all, which is on Newell Brown. He has arguably the most talented passers and playmakers in the world to work with and his powerplay is struggling which is just unacceptable.

DUC..I respect your opinion, but this is not the case...What did he do for Calgary?...it's the team that plays in front of you, and the way the Nucks have been playing all season, this was expected to happen..we just didn't have the spark..I think our coaches adapt very well, just that we need the right tools..which in most cases we have...but i'm lookin' for a rough wrench..can't find it!

13zpnd4.jpg

#12 bumbaclot

bumbaclot

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 08:01 AM

Sutter MAY be a better coach but has he been in a sit that AV is in...NAH so relax and watch the nucks win u pessimistic fool!

#13 Adamth

Adamth

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 08:03 AM

CANUCKS CANT SURVIVE WITH 1 Scoring LINE- omg please go die now. and dont start messing up at the start..

#14 MANGO

MANGO

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,240 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 08:13 AM

your a couple of days behind

formerly......puck n icehole

#15 toyotafan

toyotafan

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 08:20 AM

I heard an interesting discussion on Team radio about Craig Mactavish eventually replacing AV mainly based on the fact that AV was here before Gillis, even though they get along he was not Gillis' guy he picked. However based on his record AV will not miss a beat and be coaching somewhere else almost instantly after the Canucks theoretically release him.

#16 CanucksFanMike

CanucksFanMike

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 08:25 AM

very debatable.... just sayin
Posted Image
Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#17 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,586 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 08:42 AM

Just be cause MacT was Gillis' pick for the wolves, doesn't mean he's the 1st in line to replace AV. I wouldn't say he's a bad coach, but can you point to any year other than the Oilers cup run that he was successful?

I'll save you the trouble, in 8 years of coaching (all with Edmonton) his team missed the playoffs missed the playoffs 5 times, and lost in the first round twice. His best regular season total was 95 points, in the year they had the cup run.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

If this team lets go of Sang he will burn this team next year. 

#18 jonnycanuck46

jonnycanuck46

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 714 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 08:43 AM

That would be dumb move to fire the gm hes been awesome brings in the right talent Booth, makes the tough but logical signings Sedin's, kesler, the only poor moves hes made is signing Lou big Money long term that deals holding the team back from perfect if he was 5 to 6 mil like he should be we would have another 4 to 5 mill top Caliber scorer or d man under the cap imagine our team with a shea webber or a Dustin Brown, Phil Kessel, Jeff Carter, Zack Paraise, all names I've heard surface in recent months to year. He makes up for the long term lou deal by hanging on to schneider which actually finally is paying huge dividends. The Coach on the other hand, I'm beginning not like, he always seams to be in a happy mood which is something that keeps the team playing well for him all year, but during playoff time when they need that push he's to nice, and does not hold the players only the goalie accountable. He never has accused does defend him a little but my point is he shouldn't he should comment more on there bad play when there playing bad single out the PLAYERS who aren't producing. Basically get mad, I like Mctavish whos coahing the wolves right now he just might be the perfect fit here to push this team. He gets mad, will motivate them better and i think will be a better playoff coach and lets face it with 2 presidents trophys we don't need more reg season points just 16 playoff wins in one season

Para...Para....Paraise
Posted Image

Ephesians 2:7-9

"That in the ages to come he might show the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast."

#19 Hotdawg

Hotdawg

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 08:46 AM

If there was an ugliest human being on earth without a disease contest, Dude would win it.(nothing personal)

Edited by Hotdawg, 21 April 2012 - 08:48 AM.

#20 Monteeun

Monteeun

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,825 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 08:49 AM

If there was an ugliest human being on earth without a disease contest, Dude would win it.(nothing personal)

<_<

Benning will be fired next year. Hope he enjoys screwing around for a few months. I just cant believe this. Another injured BC player. We just got rid of garrison. Seems like the canucks and linden just wanted any BC born player. Doesn't matter if hes good or not. We don't need another Linden to get us to game 7 of the Stanley cup and lose. We need someone to win us a cup.

5 million a year for Vrbata? 6 million for Miller? Kesler for Bonino and 24th instead of 10th pick or one of their top prospects? Garrison for scraps?

ive already lost faith in JB. Ive never EVER had this bad of a feeling about management.

#21 Burrows #14

Burrows #14

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 08:50 AM

Even if they woulda lost 4 straight, Mike and Alain have done wonders for this franchise. They ain't going anywhere... except back to the SCF. 2 years in a row!

MG will stay AV is gone. I never liked him and I feel he benefited from having a great team in front of him. Not letting Trevor Linden play much in his last year causing him to miss his games played bonus as well as not letting him ride into the sunset like he should have really upset me. With the talent we have it's hard not to have a successful record. Credit to AV for settling down Lappy and helping him become the player he is. Beyond that I think he lacks the intensity it takes to win a cup. A coach needs to be a motivator and AV seems a little too passive. If we don't win the cup this year Mac T WILL be the new coach and MG will keep his job for at least 1 more year.

#22 enterin

enterin

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 08:52 AM

Who's supposed to come in and take you on this 'magic carpet' ride?, do tell, please?...people act as if the coaching and the GM is the problem, isn't this almost the exact same team that almost won it all?..what more you want?..change the whole dynamic because?

MG believed in this team and so did I. YOu dont make trades for the sake of making trades..

You are a Troll

#23 enterin

enterin

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 08:52 AM

MG will stay AV is gone. I never liked him and I feel he benefited from having a great team in front of him. Not letting Trevor Linden play much in his last year causing him to miss his games played bonus as well as not letting him ride into the sunset like he should have really upset me. With the talent we have it's hard not to have a successful record. Credit to AV for settling down Lappy and helping him become the player he is. Beyond that I think he lacks the intensity it takes to win a cup. A coach needs to be a motivator and AV seems a little too passive. If we don't win the cup this year Mac T WILL be the new coach and MG will keep his job for at least 1 more year.

Troll

Edited by enterin, 21 April 2012 - 08:52 AM.

#24 enterin

enterin

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 08:55 AM

CANUCKS CANT SURVIVE WITH 1 Scoring LINE- omg please go die now. and dont start messing up at the start..

Troll
We feel your pain.I dont think fans on CDC can survive either if your makeing threads...go back to school

#25 enterin

enterin

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 08:58 AM

Coaches cant play its the players that play and they are or were not executing correctly can not blame the coaches...

People are still trying to start crap here you are all useless Trolls :picard:

#26 ahf149

ahf149

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 08:59 AM

Why?
Life is short, LIVE IT

#27 realnucksfan2010

realnucksfan2010

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 08:59 AM

getting rid of MG would be a really dumb move, Av has been here for a while now and his record is awsome! I think some of the players on this team need a change of scenery, Like (I know i'll get flamed for this one) Kesler, bieksa, and Luo. These guys seem kinda not interested these days i can't quite put my finger on it. I know Kes had a huge injury and it'll take some time to heal, but as for Bieks and Luo what happened to them, Bieksa had a good offensive year but for some reason his defensive game left a little to be desired, Luo was well, i won't go there again, and Kes seems to have developed quite the ego after his little playgirl center fold thing, he is starting to remind me of Avery in NY, a total libillity on and off the ice.

#28 aqua59

aqua59

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,163 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:01 AM

I still think AV needs to go. He's the one left over from the previous regime's placement, which at the time was a good one, that needs to go. AV still doesn't fit MG's philosophy in the big picture. There's no way one can argue with AV's success how ever it's not all in the numbers. I think AV has been questionable in handling certain players but more so been out coached in big games.
I'd like to see AV gone!

#29 Burrows #14

Burrows #14

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:01 AM

Troll

great reply......

#30 Max-a-Million

Max-a-Million

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:04 AM

Did I miss something? Did the season end already? Think about this, they have a 5% chance of getting through this round, not a 0% chance. I take you've given up already. Sure glad you're not on my team!

I spend half my money on Wine, Women and Song.
The other half I waste!

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.