The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Fire Mg And Av?

nux4lyfe

Who's supposed to come in and take you on this 'magic carpet' ride?, do tell, please?...people act as if the coaching and the GM is the problem, isn't this almost the exact same team that almost won it all?..what more you want?..change the whole dynamic because?

Did MG look in to the future and see that we'd be down 3-0 and laugh about it? No doubt he tried @ the deadline, but how many trades happened?...it was a snooze fest because the prices were ridiculous...and than the same people complain about how we don't have enough elite prospects.

Some of you need to give your head a shake and be appreciative, This is the same staff that actually showed us some promise and good times, be humble Nuckleheads, be humble, is all I have to say.

Guest BuckFoston

I wish people could get fired on CDC for starting redundant threads as a twisted way of self gratification.

That would be dumb move to fire the gm hes been awesome brings in the right talent Booth, makes the tough but logical signings Sedin's, kesler, the only poor moves hes made is signing Lou big Money long term that deals holding the team back from perfect if he was 5 to 6 mil like he should be we would have another 4 to 5 mill top Caliber scorer or d man under the cap imagine our team with a shea webber or a Dustin Brown, Phil Kessel, Jeff Carter, Zack Paraise, all names I've heard surface in recent months to year. He makes up for the long term lou deal by hanging on to schneider which actually finally is paying huge dividends. The Coach on the other hand, I'm beginning not like, he always seams to be in a happy mood which is something that keeps the team playing well for him all year, but during playoff time when they need that push he's to nice, and does not hold the players only the goalie accountable. He never has accused does defend him a little but my point is he shouldn't he should comment more on there bad play when there playing bad single out the PLAYERS who aren't producing. Basically get mad, I like Mctavish whos coahing the wolves right now he just might be the perfect fit here to push this team. He gets mad, will motivate them better and i think will be a better playoff coach and lets face it with 2 presidents trophys we don't need more reg season points just 16 playoff wins in one season

Who's supposed to come in and take you on this 'magic carpet' ride?, do tell, please?...people act as if the coaching and the GM is the problem, isn't this almost the exact same team that won it all?..what more you want?..change the whole dynamic because?

Did MG look in to the future and see that we'd be down 3-0 and laugh about it? No doubt he tried @ the deadline, but how many trades happened?...it was a snooze fest because the prices were ridiculous...and than the same people complain about how we don't have enough elite prospects.

Some of you need to give your head a shake and be appreciative, This is the same staff that actually showed us some promise and good times, be humble Nuckleheads, be humble, is all I have to say.

AV is a good coach, but Suter is better, more experienced and much smarter. He knows what it takes to win, knows how to adjust his team and how to beat a team like the Canucks. If he adjusts appropriately, he's seen what the Canucks have to offer and will have devised a way to shut them down on Sunday.

AV may be a good coach, but his associate coaches are brutal. Bowness is in charge of the defence who have been one of the worst in the league all season long, and have only looked good because of our great goaltending. The Canucks D give up about as many quality scoring chances as any team in the league due to them pinching, playing aggressively and not playing very physically compared to others like New York, Boston's or even the Kings'. Last year we played this style to perfection but this entire season it has not worked for us and the Canucks defence needs a change.

Then there's the special teams. Our PK has been pretty good but our PP has almost cost us our season right now. We were best in the league in the first half of the season and then 3rd last in the NHL in the second half, which suggests that teams have found a way to adjust to our PP but our own powerplay hasn't found a way to adjust or change at all, which is on Newell Brown. He has arguably the most talented passers and playmakers in the world to work with and his powerplay is struggling which is just unacceptable.

AV is a good coach, but Suter is better, more experienced and much smarter. He knows what it takes to win, knows how to adjust his team and how to beat a team like the Canucks. If he adjusts appropriately, he's seen what the Canucks have to offer and will have devised a way to shut them down on Sunday.

AV may be a good coach, but his associate coaches are brutal. Bowness is in charge of the defence who have been one of the worst in the league all season long, and have only looked good because of our great goaltending. The Canucks D give up about as many quality scoring chances as any team in the league due to them pinching, playing aggressively and not playing very physically compared to others like New York, Boston's or even the Kings'. Last year we played this style to perfection but this entire season it has not worked for us and the Canucks defence needs a change.

Then there's the special teams. Our PK has been pretty good but our PP has almost cost us our season right now. We were best in the league in the first half of the season and then 3rd last in the NHL in the second half, which suggests that teams have found a way to adjust to our PP but our own powerplay hasn't found a way to adjust or change at all, which is on Newell Brown. He has arguably the most talented passers and playmakers in the world to work with and his powerplay is struggling which is just unacceptable.

I heard an interesting discussion on Team radio about Craig Mactavish eventually replacing AV mainly based on the fact that AV was here before Gillis, even though they get along he was not Gillis' guy he picked. However based on his record AV will not miss a beat and be coaching somewhere else almost instantly after the Canucks theoretically release him.

Just be cause MacT was Gillis' pick for the wolves, doesn't mean he's the 1st in line to replace AV. I wouldn't say he's a bad coach, but can you point to any year other than the Oilers cup run that he was successful?

I'll save you the trouble, in 8 years of coaching (all with Edmonton) his team missed the playoffs missed the playoffs 5 times, and lost in the first round twice. His best regular season total was 95 points, in the year they had the cup run.

That would be dumb move to fire the gm hes been awesome brings in the right talent Booth, makes the tough but logical signings Sedin's, kesler, the only poor moves hes made is signing Lou big Money long term that deals holding the team back from perfect if he was 5 to 6 mil like he should be we would have another 4 to 5 mill top Caliber scorer or d man under the cap imagine our team with a shea webber or a Dustin Brown, Phil Kessel, Jeff Carter, Zack Paraise, all names I've heard surface in recent months to year. He makes up for the long term lou deal by hanging on to schneider which actually finally is paying huge dividends. The Coach on the other hand, I'm beginning not like, he always seams to be in a happy mood which is something that keeps the team playing well for him all year, but during playoff time when they need that push he's to nice, and does not hold the players only the goalie accountable. He never has accused does defend him a little but my point is he shouldn't he should comment more on there bad play when there playing bad single out the PLAYERS who aren't producing. Basically get mad, I like Mctavish whos coahing the wolves right now he just might be the perfect fit here to push this team. He gets mad, will motivate them better and i think will be a better playoff coach and lets face it with 2 presidents trophys we don't need more reg season points just 16 playoff wins in one season

Archived