The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Fire Mg And Av?

nux4lyfe

Who's supposed to come in and take you on this 'magic carpet' ride?, do tell, please?...people act as if the coaching and the GM is the problem, isn't this almost the exact same team that almost won it all?..what more you want?..change the whole dynamic because?

Did MG look in to the future and see that we'd be down 3-0 and laugh about it? No doubt he tried @ the deadline, but how many trades happened?...it was a snooze fest because the prices were ridiculous...and than the same people complain about how we don't have enough elite prospects.

Some of you need to give your head a shake and be appreciative, This is the same staff that actually showed us some promise and good times, be humble Nuckleheads, be humble, is all I have to say.

MG will stay AV is gone. I never liked him and I feel he benefited from having a great team in front of him. Not letting Trevor Linden play much in his last year causing him to miss his games played bonus as well as not letting him ride into the sunset like he should have really upset me. With the talent we have it's hard not to have a successful record. Credit to AV for settling down Lappy and helping him become the player he is. Beyond that I think he lacks the intensity it takes to win a cup. A coach needs to be a motivator and AV seems a little too passive. If we don't win the cup this year Mac T WILL be the new coach and MG will keep his job for at least 1 more year.

AV is a good coach, but Suter is better, more experienced and much smarter. He knows what it takes to win, knows how to adjust his team and how to beat a team like the Canucks. If he adjusts appropriately, he's seen what the Canucks have to offer and will have devised a way to shut them down on Sunday.

AV may be a good coach, but his associate coaches are brutal. Bowness is in charge of the defence who have been one of the worst in the league all season long, and have only looked good because of our great goaltending. The Canucks D give up about as many quality scoring chances as any team in the league due to them pinching, playing aggressively and not playing very physically compared to others like New York, Boston's or even the Kings'. Last year we played this style to perfection but this entire season it has not worked for us and the Canucks defence needs a change.

Then there's the special teams. Our PK has been pretty good but our PP has almost cost us our season right now. We were best in the league in the first half of the season and then 3rd last in the NHL in the second half, which suggests that teams have found a way to adjust to our PP but our own powerplay hasn't found a way to adjust or change at all, which is on Newell Brown. He has arguably the most talented passers and playmakers in the world to work with and his powerplay is struggling which is just unacceptable.

getting rid of MG would be a really dumb move, Av has been here for a while now and his record is awsome! I think some of the players on this team need a change of scenery, Like (I know i'll get flamed for this one) Kesler, bieksa, and Luo. These guys seem kinda not interested these days i can't quite put my finger on it. I know Kes had a huge injury and it'll take some time to heal, but as for Bieks and Luo what happened to them, Bieksa had a good offensive year but for some reason his defensive game left a little to be desired, Luo was well, i won't go there again, and Kes seems to have developed quite the ego after his little playgirl center fold thing, he is starting to remind me of Avery in NY, a total libillity on and off the ice.

I still think AV needs to go. He's the one left over from the previous regime's placement, which at the time was a good one, that needs to go. AV still doesn't fit MG's philosophy in the big picture. There's no way one can argue with AV's success how ever it's not all in the numbers. I think AV has been questionable in handling certain players but more so been out coached in big games.

I'd like to see AV gone!

Fire Babcock and fire Holland while you are at it, Detroit fails to make even the Western Finals yet again. Didn't they realize their team wasn't good enough. Datsyuk, Zetterburg, Lidstrom all overrated!

What a second how come that makes no sense for the Red Wings and people think our coach and GM should be fired....sheesh

The Canucks are playing on Sunday, correct??? Which means they are STILL in the play-offs and still have a shot at the cup. Come down from the mountains out of the thin air and get some thicker air into your body. Lloyd Christmas is saying there is still a chance and so am I.

The Leaf form is a couple of pages over

Going to work with 5 hours sleep after a Canuck win is what I live for

Go Canucks Go

AV is the most successful canucks coach ever and has more accomplishments to his name than any other before him. I'm sure we'd all like to see a bit more passion out of the guy because chewing gum and laughing at the refs just pisses me off. Maybe he screams like mad in the dressing room, kicking chairs and smacking dudes but I doubt it. Yes, he's had a very talented group to work with but sometimes it seems he fails to motivate his players, then you look at the numbers....

To be honest, I'm on the fence about MG (sadly). Three things I don't like : Ballard, Booth (fair trade but overpaid, good to move both Samuellson and Sturm, but Booth is not the player we'd hoped for) and the lenght of Luo's contract (I'm a Lu lover but a 12y, for a 30y old, come on). Biggest problem with Ballard and Booth, they played in SE, any half talent can look good in that div. Samuellson looked good down there this year, Samuellson. So stop trading with florida would you!

But then you look at the numbers.... Yeah, they both totally suck! (AV,MG)

Archived