The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Fire Mg And Av?

nux4lyfe

This thread is a perfect example of the poor literacy skills of many CDC posters... hell not even skills, just a lack of reading effort

The guy insinuates in the title that we should fire MG and AV, and then writes in his message that he thinks it's ridiculous that people feel this way, meaning that he disagrees.

Then all the posts that follow are the AV haters agreeing with the OP, and all the reasonable people :) disagreeing with him.

This, coupled with the low IQ level on the board, is why I'm out of this place

VancouverHabitant, mabey you could add something constructive to the conversation instead of trying to make people feel bad!

All topics on this board are H-Y-P-O-T-H-E-T-I-C-A-L meaning that these situations are not real!

They are meant for logical and respectful discussion!!!

For passionate Canucks fans who want to share opinions and thoughts, this is not grammar school, so most of us are not to concerned about sentence structure, punctuation, or spelling, so chill dude and take it for what it is and mabey try to have some fun even!!!

getting rid of MG would be a really dumb move, Av has been here for a while now and his record is awsome! I think some of the players on this team need a change of scenery, Like (I know i'll get flamed for this one) Kesler, bieksa, and Luo. These guys seem kinda not interested these days i can't quite put my finger on it. I know Kes had a huge injury and it'll take some time to heal, but as for Bieks and Luo what happened to them, Bieksa had a good offensive year but for some reason his defensive game left a little to be desired, Luo was well, i won't go there again, and Kes seems to have developed quite the ego after his little playgirl center fold thing, he is starting to remind me of Avery in NY, a total libillity on and off the ice.

Did not say anything about MacT replacing AV! Did not even suggest that AV be fired or will be fired!

I have no Idea who would even replace a coach like AV. He is a great coach, just don't know if his coaching style fits this team. As for Bieksa, he has had some freekin awsome seasons both defensively and offensively, but this year only the offense was good, that was all i was saying, I am not to sure where you are coming from with this?

AV is a good coach, but Suter is better, more experienced and much smarter. He knows what it takes to win, knows how to adjust his team and how to beat a team like the Canucks. If he adjusts appropriately, he's seen what the Canucks have to offer and will have devised a way to shut them down on Sunday.

AV may be a good coach, but his associate coaches are brutal. Bowness is in charge of the defence who have been one of the worst in the league all season long, and have only looked good because of our great goaltending. The Canucks D give up about as many quality scoring chances as any team in the league due to them pinching, playing aggressively and not playing very physically compared to others like New York, Boston's or even the Kings'. Last year we played this style to perfection but this entire season it has not worked for us and the Canucks defence needs a change.

Then there's the special teams. Our PK has been pretty good but our PP has almost cost us our season right now. We were best in the league in the first half of the season and then 3rd last in the NHL in the second half, which suggests that teams have found a way to adjust to our PP but our own powerplay hasn't found a way to adjust or change at all, which is on Newell Brown. He has arguably the most talented passers and playmakers in the world to work with and his powerplay is struggling which is just unacceptable.

Guest BuckFoston

VancouverHabitant, mabey you could add something constructive to the conversation instead of trying to make people feel bad!

All topics on this board are H-Y-P-O-T-H-E-T-I-C-A-L meaning that these situations are not real!

They are meant for logical and respectful discussion!!!

For passionate Canucks fans who want to share opinions and thoughts, this is not grammar school, so most of us are not to concerned about sentence structure, punctuation, or spelling, so chill dude and take it for what it is and mabey try to have some fun even!!!

Dumbest idea, ever is to even think about Firing Gillis for one trade. It's really stupid I'm not afraid to say this right now, anyone who thinks Mike Gillis should be fired is an all out idiot. Regardless of we lose on Sundy, Tuesday or not get past the 1st round, Mike Gillis on paper, is the Best GM we ever had. I don't frack you say, the core of players was here before he took over. He made this team a Presidents trophy team. It's key on what kind of players you build around the core. DAve Nonis pretty much failed, to build role players around the so called "core" as for Mike Gillis, his team has ran away with division titles, year after , Presidents trohpy, and also Winning the Presidents trophy before anyone else even clinched a playoff spot holy co. I can go on for hours why he's a great gm. He won't be going anywhere. A.V I'm not sure, I do think hes a real good coach, but lets just see what happens.

Dumbest idea, ever is to even think about Firing Gillis for one trade. It's really stupid I'm not afraid to say this right now, anyone who thinks Mike Gillis should be fired is an all out idiot. Regardless of we lose on Sundy, Tuesday or not get past the 1st round, Mike Gillis on paper, is the Best GM we ever had. I don't frack you say, the core of players was here before he took over. He made this team a Presidents trophy team. It's key on what kind of players you build around the core. DAve Nonis pretty much failed, to build role players around the so called "core" as for Mike Gillis, his team has ran away with division titles, year after , Presidents trohpy, and also Winning the Presidents trophy before anyone else even clinched a playoff spot holy co. I can go on for hours why he's a great gm. He won't be going anywhere. A.V I'm not sure, I do think hes a real good coach, but lets just see what happens.

Who's supposed to come in and take you on this 'magic carpet' ride?, do tell, please?...people act as if the coaching and the GM is the problem, isn't this almost the exact same team that almost won it all?..what more you want?..change the whole dynamic because?

Did MG look in to the future and see that we'd be down 3-0 and laugh about it? No doubt he tried @ the deadline, but how many trades happened?...it was a snooze fest because the prices were ridiculous...and than the same people complain about how we don't have enough elite prospects.

Some of you need to give your head a shake and be appreciative, This is the same staff that actually showed us some promise and good times, be humble Nuckleheads, be humble, is all I have to say.

Archived