Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Fire Mg And Av?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
56 replies to this topic

#31 Burrows #14

Burrows #14

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:05 AM

Coaches cant play its the players that play and they are or were not executing correctly can not blame the coaches...

People are still trying to start crap here you are all useless Trolls :picard:

PLayers can't be fired therefore coaches are! This team does not respond to AV anymore. SOmeone on sportsnet put it best, if you live by the airport and hear that noise all the time, eventually you don't pay attention to it anymore. Players on this team need someone else to come in an push them to their potential because we are way better than what we've shown so far in these playoffs

#32 Burrows #14

Burrows #14

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:06 AM

Did I miss something? Did the season end already? Think about this, they have a 5% chance of getting through this round, not a 0% chance. I take you've given up already. Sure glad you're not on my team!

Definitely haven't given up but win or lose I want AV gone. That's my personal opinion, which is what these boards are for.

#33 Brambojoe

Brambojoe

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:12 AM

Fire Babcock and fire Holland while you are at it, Detroit fails to make even the Western Finals yet again. Didn't they realize their team wasn't good enough. Datsyuk, Zetterburg, Lidstrom all overrated!

What a second how come that makes no sense for the Red Wings and people think our coach and GM should be fired....sheesh

#34 Monteeun

Monteeun

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,658 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:15 AM

great reply......

Troll!!!

:emot-parrot:

Edited by Monteeun, 21 April 2012 - 09:36 AM.

Benning will be fired next year. Hope he enjoys screwing around for a few months. I just cant believe this. Another injured BC player. We just got rid of garrison. Seems like the canucks and linden just wanted any BC born player. Doesn't matter if hes good or not. We don't need another Linden to get us to game 7 of the Stanley cup and lose. We need someone to win us a cup.

5 million a year for Vrbata? 6 million for Miller? Kesler for Bonino and 24th instead of 10th pick or one of their top prospects? Garrison for scraps?

ive already lost faith in JB. Ive never EVER had this bad of a feeling about management.

#35 uber_pwnzor

uber_pwnzor

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:58 AM

I wish people could get fired on CDC for starting redundant threads as a twisted way of self gratification.

What's up with your signature? Don't get it...

#36 Fugasi

Fugasi

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:59 AM

Fire the coach and Gm? 7th game in SC finals,2 presidents trophys. hmmmmm

These 2 would be GODS in Edmonton,Calgary,Winnipeg,Toronto,Montreal and Ottawa.

Get a grip,people

#37 uber_pwnzor

uber_pwnzor

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:59 AM

DP...

Edited by άber Pwnzor!, 21 April 2012 - 10:00 AM.

#38 canuckelhead70

canuckelhead70

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:04 AM

The Canucks are playing on Sunday, correct??? Which means they are STILL in the play-offs and still have a shot at the cup. Come down from the mountains out of the thin air and get some thicker air into your body. Lloyd Christmas is saying there is still a chance and so am I.

The Leaf form is a couple of pages over

Going to work with 5 hours sleep after a Canuck win is what I live for

Go Canucks Go

#39 luckylager

luckylager

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:19 AM

AV is the most successful canucks coach ever and has more accomplishments to his name than any other before him. I'm sure we'd all like to see a bit more passion out of the guy because chewing gum and laughing at the refs just pisses me off. Maybe he screams like mad in the dressing room, kicking chairs and smacking dudes but I doubt it. Yes, he's had a very talented group to work with but sometimes it seems he fails to motivate his players, then you look at the numbers....
To be honest, I'm on the fence about MG (sadly). Three things I don't like : Ballard, Booth (fair trade but overpaid, good to move both Samuellson and Sturm, but Booth is not the player we'd hoped for) and the lenght of Luo's contract (I'm a Lu lover but a 12y, for a 30y old, come on). Biggest problem with Ballard and Booth, they played in SE, any half talent can look good in that div. Samuellson looked good down there this year, Samuellson. So stop trading with florida would you!
But then you look at the numbers.... Yeah, they both totally suck! (AV,MG)

gallery_70188_515_1022.jpg

#40 Fugasi

Fugasi

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:48 AM

Yaaa fire MG lets get Burkie back look what he did for Toronto

#41 VancouverHabitant

VancouverHabitant

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:51 AM

This thread is a perfect example of the poor literacy skills of many CDC posters... hell not even skills, just a lack of reading effort

The guy insinuates in the title that we should fire MG and AV, and then writes in his message that he thinks it's ridiculous that people feel this way, meaning that he disagrees.

Then all the posts that follow are the AV haters agreeing with the OP, and all the reasonable people :) disagreeing with him.

This, coupled with the low IQ level on the board, is why I'm out of this place
Posted Image __ Posted Image

#42 realnucksfan2010

realnucksfan2010

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:13 AM

VancouverHabitant, mabey you could add something constructive to the conversation instead of trying to make people feel bad!
All topics on this board are H-Y-P-O-T-H-E-T-I-C-A-L meaning that these situations are not real!
They are meant for logical and respectful discussion!!!
For passionate Canucks fans who want to share opinions and thoughts, this is not grammar school, so most of us are not to concerned about sentence structure, punctuation, or spelling, so chill dude and take it for what it is and mabey try to have some fun even!!!

#43 skyfall

skyfall

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:25 AM

Yesterday was 420. Reading is hard

#44 Day one

Day one

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:59 AM

AV is a good coach, but Suter is better, more experienced and much smarter.

Ya, he did such an outstanding job with Chicago, San Jose and the Flames. Oh, and it's Sutter, not Suter. He got lucky this time around and inherited a team dripping with talent. Everyone knows that LA had been woefully underperforming prior to his arrival.

His NHL coaching record prior to arriving in LA

CHI 1992–93 1st in Norris Lost in first round
CHI 1993–94 5th in Central Lost in first round
CHI 1994–95 3rd in Central Lost in third round
SJ 1997–98 4th in Pacific Lost in first round
SJ 1998–99 4th in Pacific Lost in first round  
SJ 1999–2000 4th in Pacific Lost in second round
SJ 2000–01 2nd in Pacific Lost in first round
SJ 2001–02 1st in Pacific Lost in second round
SJ 2002–03 5th in Pacific Missed playoffs
CGY 2002–03 5th in Northwest Missed playoffs
CGY 2003–04 3rd in Northwest Lost in Stanley Cup final
CGY 2005–06 1st in Northwest Lost in first round

But I will give you the experience factor ... in 1st round exits anyway. In 12 years coaching in the NHL, he combined for 8 years of 1st round exits or missing the playoffs entirely (with this year still to be written).

Edited by Day one, 21 April 2012 - 12:11 PM.

#45 B_a_M

B_a_M

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:27 PM

getting rid of MG would be a really dumb move, Av has been here for a while now and his record is awsome! I think some of the players on this team need a change of scenery, Like (I know i'll get flamed for this one) Kesler, bieksa, and Luo. These guys seem kinda not interested these days i can't quite put my finger on it. I know Kes had a huge injury and it'll take some time to heal, but as for Bieks and Luo what happened to them, Bieksa had a good offensive year but for some reason his defensive game left a little to be desired, Luo was well, i won't go there again, and Kes seems to have developed quite the ego after his little playgirl center fold thing, he is starting to remind me of Avery in NY, a total libillity on and off the ice.

When did Bieska have a good Defensive game? Bieska has been bless with playing with good defensive players like Hamhuis, and Mitchell. I don't think MacT will be the replace for AV, I believe Mac T was just brought in to develop the Canucks propsects. Which he is really good at doing. I am apart of the group that wants AV gone, I am just unsure who I would like to replace him.

#46 realnucksfan2010

realnucksfan2010

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:36 PM

Did not say anything about MacT replacing AV! Did not even suggest that AV be fired or will be fired!
I have no Idea who would even replace a coach like AV. He is a great coach, just don't know if his coaching style fits this team. As for Bieksa, he has had some freekin awsome seasons both defensively and offensively, but this year only the offense was good, that was all i was saying, I am not to sure where you are coming from with this?

#47 TheCammer

TheCammer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,634 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 01:22 PM

AV is a good coach, but Suter is better, more experienced and much smarter. He knows what it takes to win, knows how to adjust his team and how to beat a team like the Canucks. If he adjusts appropriately, he's seen what the Canucks have to offer and will have devised a way to shut them down on Sunday.

AV may be a good coach, but his associate coaches are brutal. Bowness is in charge of the defence who have been one of the worst in the league all season long, and have only looked good because of our great goaltending. The Canucks D give up about as many quality scoring chances as any team in the league due to them pinching, playing aggressively and not playing very physically compared to others like New York, Boston's or even the Kings'. Last year we played this style to perfection but this entire season it has not worked for us and the Canucks defence needs a change.

Then there's the special teams. Our PK has been pretty good but our PP has almost cost us our season right now. We were best in the league in the first half of the season and then 3rd last in the NHL in the second half, which suggests that teams have found a way to adjust to our PP but our own powerplay hasn't found a way to adjust or change at all, which is on Newell Brown. He has arguably the most talented passers and playmakers in the world to work with and his powerplay is struggling which is just unacceptable.

I honestly wish you were "DownUndaaRock". So many pissy, whiny posts about the coaches. Sutter is better? Calgary says hello!
Posted Image

#48 ChronCanuck

ChronCanuck

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 01:40 PM

i always remind myself, never take cdc seriously. 95% of them are kids who form an opinion of their own which is laughable, ridiculous and beyond stupid.

that is ur problem.

#49 Guest_BuckFoston_*

Guest_BuckFoston_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2012 - 02:05 PM

What's up with your signature? Don't get it...

Lundy is being nice and giving you a thumbs up, what's not to get?

#50 uber_pwnzor

uber_pwnzor

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 02:17 PM

Lundy is being nice and giving you a thumbs up, what's not to get?

"
"You can't please everybody.
It's the counts that thought."
-King Henrik (lost in translation)
"
?

#51 MojosCanucks

MojosCanucks

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 02:21 PM

Personally, I love AV and think he's the best coach we've ever had.
I was talking to my bro, saying it's not AV or MG's faults.
He said he hates MG and that he's an arrogant as%^&*e.
Is this true? Is he? and if so, why?

GO CANUCKS GO!

#52 Guest_BuckFoston_*

Guest_BuckFoston_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2012 - 03:03 PM

"
"You can't please everybody.
It's the counts that thought."
-King Henrik (lost in translation)
"
?

It's something he said on the plane after a wine raffle. His english is really good, but he sometimes has troubles with certain sayings, so he shuffled the words of "it's the thought that counts" and it made me chuckle.

#53 Guest_BuckFoston_*

Guest_BuckFoston_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2012 - 03:17 PM

VancouverHabitant, mabey you could add something constructive to the conversation instead of trying to make people feel bad!
All topics on this board are H-Y-P-O-T-H-E-T-I-C-A-L meaning that these situations are not real!
They are meant for logical and respectful discussion!!!
For passionate Canucks fans who want to share opinions and thoughts, this is not grammar school, so most of us are not to concerned about sentence structure, punctuation, or spelling, so chill dude and take it for what it is and mabey try to have some fun even!!!

It's called being remotely educated. You talk about grammar and punctuation as if it's something that can be turned on and off. It doesn't matter if you are filling out a job application, writing an essay, or commenting on a message board - if you did your basic homework in english class you will not make mistakes. Those who make them here make them everywhere.... that is the real point. Back in university days when I graded papers as a TA, students wrote their assignments the same way they write here in these forums. So in reality most of you aren't concerned about it in the "real world" either and it's atrocious. Good luck climbing up the workplace ladder with that.

Edited by BuckFoston, 21 April 2012 - 03:18 PM.

#54 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,573 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 03:20 PM

Dumbest idea, ever is to even think about Firing Gillis for one trade. It's really stupid I'm not afraid to say this right now, anyone who thinks Mike Gillis should be fired is an all out idiot. Regardless of we lose on Sundy, Tuesday or not get past the 1st round, Mike Gillis on paper, is the Best GM we ever had. I don't frack you say, the core of players was here before he took over. He made this team a Presidents trophy team. It's key on what kind of players you build around the core. DAve Nonis pretty much failed, to build role players around the so called "core" as for Mike Gillis, his team has ran away with division titles, year after , Presidents trohpy, and also Winning the Presidents trophy before anyone else even clinched a playoff spot holy co. I can go on for hours why he's a great gm. He won't be going anywhere. A.V I'm not sure, I do think hes a real good coach, but lets just see what happens.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#55 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,573 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 03:21 PM

Dumbest idea, ever is to even think about Firing Gillis for one trade. It's really stupid I'm not afraid to say this right now, anyone who thinks Mike Gillis should be fired is an all out idiot. Regardless of we lose on Sundy, Tuesday or not get past the 1st round, Mike Gillis on paper, is the Best GM we ever had. I don't frack you say, the core of players was here before he took over. He made this team a Presidents trophy team. It's key on what kind of players you build around the core. DAve Nonis pretty much failed, to build role players around the so called "core" as for Mike Gillis, his team has ran away with division titles, year after , Presidents trohpy, and also Winning the Presidents trophy before anyone else even clinched a playoff spot holy co. I can go on for hours why he's a great gm. He won't be going anywhere. A.V I'm not sure, I do think hes a real good coach, but lets just see what happens.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

#56 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,573 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 03:23 PM

Personally, I love AV and think he's the best coach we've ever had.
I was talking to my bro, saying it's not AV or MG's faults.
He said he hates MG and that he's an arrogant as%^&*e.
Is this true? Is he? and if so, why?

He's mistaken Brian Burke for Mile Gillis. MIke Gillis is a humble guy, he never calls press conferences to fight back the media, he gets along with the media in Vancouver and B.C, hes a very soft spoken guy, I can't believe your brother is such an idiot. No, it's not true, MG is not an arrogant. He's confident, but not arrogant. Arrogant is Brian Burke. Nuff said.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

#57 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,756 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 03:49 PM

Who's supposed to come in and take you on this 'magic carpet' ride?, do tell, please?...people act as if the coaching and the GM is the problem, isn't this almost the exact same team that almost won it all?..what more you want?..change the whole dynamic because?

Did MG look in to the future and see that we'd be down 3-0 and laugh about it? No doubt he tried @ the deadline, but how many trades happened?...it was a snooze fest because the prices were ridiculous...and than the same people complain about how we don't have enough elite prospects.

Some of you need to give your head a shake and be appreciative, This is the same staff that actually showed us some promise and good times, be humble Nuckleheads, be humble, is all I have to say.

Key words "almost" won, as in DID NOT win anything.

Also, this is not the same team what went to the SCF last year. 25 players played at least 3 or more games for Canucks last yr in playoffs. Only 17 of those players are playing in the playoffs this yr (2 of which have not played 1 or fewer games). That's 32% of the team that's different. When are people going to see that, literally, it's a different team.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.