The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Stop Calling David Booth "big Power Forward".

tan

There are a lot of people who have mixed feelings about Booth especially during the whole regular season this year. I for one was not that impressed with his play this year, and really expected more of him driving harder to the net instead of trying to make so many dangles all the time. He has speed he has some size, he's not the biggest player, but he kinda tries to play as a dangler more than a power forward. Although as I said I wasn't happy with his play in the regular season, but watching him in these playoffs, maybe not the first game of the series, but every other game since then I have thought he has played with a lot of heart and determination to win.

Don't forget Booth has never played in the playoffs before, this is his first run at the cup, so he is really excited to be in the playoffs. I have noticed a different player in him in these playoffs then in the regular season, and have to say I have been very impressed with his play. Do I think he's a big power forward? no I don't, do I think he has potential to be a power forward? Yes I do, and like I said now with him playing with the Sedins, he will have to work harder to get to the net and probably won't be able to make as many dangles or moves as before. Booth will have to start going wide and use his strength to get to the net, which in return can benefit him a lot and label him more of a power forward, if he adapts to it.

He's also 212 pounds. That's pretty flippin' big, especially for a guy who's only 6'0" tall. Watch how he plays and he'll remind you a bit of Bertuzzi. He plays like a prototypical power forward.

Doesn't surprise me coming from someone who has your signature. Seriously, stop praising Hodgson as if he was the second coming of Jesus.

Oh and "Booth" (whatever his name really is), is a powerforward. Get over it.

WHERE IS THE MINUS BUTTON WHEN WE NEED IT!

Archived