Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest AriGold

[Suspension] Raffi Torres Gets 25 Games

280 posts in this topic

After severly dropping the ball on a few recent hits they scapegoated Torres in attempt to somehow show that "NOW" they are taking these hits seriously. Don't get me wrong - Torres deserved a suspension but 25 games? If that was 25games ( repeat offender or not ) how do you rationalize the 5 games for the hit on Daniel or the financial fine against weber?

And Neal gets one game for hit on Couturier?? Or was it the hit on Giroux that got him the one game? Ridiculous

Holy CRAP What was Shanahan thinking I agree that was a dirty hit but 25 games???????

NHLPA will appeal the length....

Ridiculous, at least Torres' hit was a hockey play and not a flat out cheapshot or attempt to injure.

That's guaranteed going to cross over to the regular season...I expected them to throw the book but 25, jeez. Seems a bit much.

Wow......

Supplementary discipline required as he is a repeat offender but bumping Raffi's hit on Hossa into the same category as Bert's transgression is bloody ridiculous, IMO.

That said, the precedent has now been set and Shanahan better stick to it from now on for every subsequent similar on-ice incident if only to highlight the sheer ludicrousness of this latest sanction from on high.

That whole Keith on Daniel thing of deliberate head hunting and lack of adequate sanctions has me infuriated all over again. Not to mention the Weber smashing Zetterberg's face into the boards incident and the mere fine as a sanction.

U.N.B.E.L.I.E.V.A.B.L.E.