The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Suspension] Raffi Torres Gets 25 Games

Guest AriGold

hahah. shanahan and co. are an embarrassment. i know raffi has a history and hossa was injured, but that hit wasn't that bad. I don't even think he had intent to hurt him. You can usually see when Torres is trying to headhunt someone because you can see him lining him up.

Where is the justice for Keith's hit? frack the nhl. Keith's hit was a blatant attempt to injure.

NHL making an example of someone after everyone has been mocking all of the violence in the playoffs. Scapegoat Torres for a borderline hit. Hell, even James Neal's hit had more intent to injure than this hit. Nea'ls just lucky he doesn't know how to throw a hit properly.

After severly dropping the ball on a few recent hits they scapegoated Torres in attempt to somehow show that "NOW" they are taking these hits seriously. Don't get me wrong - Torres deserved a suspension but 25 games? If that was 25games ( repeat offender or not ) how do you rationalize the 5 games for the hit on Daniel or the financial fine against weber?

This is just atrocious. Duncan Keith's hit on Daniel Sedin was not EVEN NEAR THE PUCK, there was premeditation, and he was given 5 games conveniently to end the season. Weber takes Zetterberg's face and smashes against the window AFTER THE GAME WAS OVER and was given just a fine. Torres hit was indeed late and deserves a suspension but at least it was within the realm of the play. 25 games is absolutely brutal.

Wow......

Supplementary discipline required as he is a repeat offender but bumping Raffi's hit on Hossa into the same category as Bert's transgression is bloody ridiculous, IMO.

That said, the precedent has now been set and Shanahan better stick to it from now on for every subsequent similar on-ice incident if only to highlight the sheer ludicrousness of this latest sanction from on high.

That whole Keith on Daniel thing of deliberate head hunting and lack of adequate sanctions has me infuriated all over again. Not to mention the Weber smashing Zetterberg's face into the boards incident and the mere fine as a sanction.

U.N.B.E.L.I.E.V.A.B.L.E.

Archived