The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Suspension] Raffi Torres Gets 25 Games

Guest AriGold

Well the player does deserve a suspension, he has a track record as well so it all comes into play. I am fine with 25 games, the problem is the other suspensions needed to be lengthy to actually affect the player and his team like this suspension.

We can all say its excessive, and it does seem a little surprising but does the NHL keep handing down 2-3 game suspensions ? the message from the League has not been heard with such minimal suspensions, if this was the first of a consistantly dished out punishment by the League to others who deserve suspensions then im all for it.

Weber, insane that he did not receive a suspension.

Legwand ? picking a puck up after covering it with your glove then carrying it to the bench and giving it to the trainer. Im sorry but as there is video eveidence would that not be a suspendable act ? Just curious as to others thoughts ?

James Neal

3 Penalties in 1 hit: Charging, Interference, Blow to the head (x2 as he did it twice in a 42 second span)

History: 5 infractions in the past 3 years (7 if you include the two hits in question)

Injury: The only difference Neal's victims did return for the next game though Couturier was helped off the ice and did not return that game

Suspension: 1 Game

:bigblush:

Soo uhh yeah Brendan Shannahan has failed once again. 25 games for a borderline check? Yet Kieth gets 5 for a predatory elbow and Malkin gets zilch for taking out Grossman with te same type of cheap shot? Get it together.

This new NHL policy for head shots is so crooked it's pathetic. If Hossa wasn't taken off in a strecher it would have been 2 games max. Can't quite wrap my head around this one..

Wow, that's pretty excessive. I thought he would get a long suspension considering it was charging and he has a history, but not that long. We've seen worse hits all season gets 4,5,6 games and all of a sudden, 25? Wow. I wouldn't have as much of a problem with it if he had given longer suspensions to other players, too.

To me this isn't enough games, just like the number of games given out for other suspensions. This is Torres' SIXTH hit to the head. He's a repeat offender and just gave a star player a concussion. I understand precedent, but you have to change sometime. If you want to take this stuff out of the league, give him 50 games, and start giving hits (like Duncan Keith's) 25 games.

Lolololololol. I'd say I'm shocked, but I'm really not. I totally expected a complete overreaction. I hope Shannahan gets fired. I hope Bettman has a heartattack. I hope this bush league learns that they have to be consistent or they'll have complete anarchy on their hands. I hope Torres goes after Shannahan with a high hit next.

Archived