The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Offer Their Reaction On Raffi Torres Suspension

The Horvatian One

I like the posts I'm seeing here. For a while I was really in Shanahan's corner, but I feel like for whatever reason (*cough* pressure from the owners *cough*) the suspensions are almost like rolling a set of dice now.

The biggest factor in deciding suspension length should be, in my opinion, intent to injure. Raffi was trying to get a big hit. He was trying to rock Hossa. I don't think that he meant to hurt him that badly though. If you watch Keith's elbow on Henrik, or Weber's atrocious head-smash on Zetterberg, or even Bitz's hit on Clifford, I think the intent is much more malicious.

Or perhaps suspensions should be based on the length of the player's injury: you can't come back until he comes back. That won't translate into necessarily "fair" suspensions based on intent, since innocuous-looking hits can sometimes be more dangerous, but maybe it would make players think twice before crunching someone's head into the glass....or jumping on a hit....or planting an elbow into someone's kisser.

Well done Shanahan. You didn't even get through your first year and allready you've proven you have no idea what your doing. Your blatant inconsistancey is mind boggleing. For all the "Bally-ho" about your appointment as diciplinarian of the NHL, you have left the league in a rudderless perail. Then to drop the hammer on Torres, as if now your going to set things straight, shows someone else is pulling your chain. Either take control of the situation at hand or pass the torch to someone else, because under you sir, "Someone is gonna get killed"

You're right we should start suspending these players like Danny and Hossa who put their head down and propel themselves into the nearest available elbow or shoulder. There should be a rule where every player must get at LEAST one concussion per season or they get a suspension.

Eventually when medical technology catches up a little camera at the back of a helmet will be connected to the brain so that every player will have prior warning of a Raffi incoming.

Raffi is a master of his art and should be taken round schools where he can teach kids how to hand out concussions to their playmates at the earliest possible age.

You're right we should start suspending these players like Danny and Hossa who put their head down and propel themselves into the nearest available elbow or shoulder. There should be a rule where every player must get at LEAST one concussion per season or they get a suspension.

Eventually when medical technology catches up a little camera at the back of a helmet will be connected to the brain so that every player will have prior warning of a Raffi incoming.

Raffi is a master of his art and should be taken round schools where he can teach kids how to hand out concussions to their playmates at the earliest possible age.

Archived