The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What Are You Currently Playing?

I was on the fence about it. I loooooved the original xcom ufo defence, and by playing the demo for the new one felt like there wasn't as much you could do with your squad both in battle and out. But maybe ill get it now

currently playing pokemon blue. Catching the 151 takes more effort than I originally thought when playing red :P

It is pretty simple comparted to the old XCOM games. I'd it's closer to Final Fantasy Tactics then it is to the old XCOM

Finished Bioshock Infinite on the weekend. I'd give it a 6.5/10. Nothing I haven't played before, wouldn't play it again either.

I bought ICO/Shadow of Collossus last week, so slowly going through Shadow while fitting in a game or two NHL 13.

Really into my BAP on NHL 13 actually. I never really played the mode throughout the years, but I've played through a few seasons as a goaltender now. Got drafted 14th overall by the Lightening after playing a whole season on Rimouski. Made the Lightening roster my first season as a 72 overall and cemented myself as the #1 (went out in the second round of the playoffs). I then won all 4 pre-season games the following season and didn't make the Lightening that year (WTF?). Sent back down to Rimouski and tore up the league. Playing on the Lightening this year and am currently rated 85 overall. However, once my goaltender either gets out of his ELC or is seen as the teams best asset, I'm requesting a trade. I was not happy or impressed with making the team my first year and not the second.

Just finished The Sith Lords for the third or fourth time.

Sith Lords is a classic, I've played with a restoration mod last year, it added back some dialogues and content that made more sense of the story.

Definitely one of my all-time favourite games. Such good characters, and a subtle storyline for a Star Wars game.

I'm playing NHL13, and SC2: Heart of the Swarm. Just finished RE6 - meh.

Not sure about Bioshock: Infinite. I loved the original, but only put about 4 hours into the sequel before losing interest.

BioShock Infinite was great. Would go so far as to call it one of the best games of this current generation. I loved the flow of it, and the first half in particular was something special. Was put off by the change in tone towards the end, and the metaphysical nature of the ending itself. I mean the ending was actually very well written, and was built by design to fit perfectly into the rest of the story. It's just a direction I wish they didn't take is all.

Would give it high marks in storytelling and gameplay quality, but as a personal thing after sitting through it all something was missing/taken away that prevents true satisfaction with the whole thing.

Also in these last few week I finished playing Tomb Raider. I would abstain from calling a fantastic or any such thing, but I enjoyed the hell out of it. Will definitely be replaying it multiple times in the future, and having fun with it each time. About as legitimate as a reboot can be.

Currently in the process of playing Resident Evil 6... and I'm too sure it's worth the effort. The series took a wrong turn with Resident Evil 5, and this is just them taking it further down said path. I've played two chapters of Leon's campaign, and one each of Chris and Jake's, so I feel the need to comment on them individually.

- Leon's campaign is actually half decent. I hear it's supposed to be the campaign that caters to the more traditional fans and all, but it's really not. That is to say it's still better than Resident Evil 5, and if this campaign was stretched to form the entirety of the game, I would be willing to call RE6 acceptable on the whole. But the whole thing is still far too action based, and the essence of co-op removes any atmosphere is supposed to be generated in a horror-survival enviroment.

- Chris' campaign is just godawful. What the hell was that? Lol. This is simply not Resident Evil anymore, and as a general thing is the biggest reason to regret buying this game. Buying the game was supporting it, but this is most definitely not what I support, and they need to avoid any of this going forward with the series. With words it's hard to describe how poorly conceived this whole section was, and I'm certain it's the largest reason for the amount of the fan backlash RE6 has recieved. And it's backlash that is totally deserved. And this is just my reaction after one chapter. Doubt I can force myself to go any further with it.

- Jake's campaign I'm not quite sure about after one chapter. The whole Nemesis-like thing was quite cool, but the gunfights with the gun-zombies were the same kind of terrible that was seen in the Chris campaign. Will form a proper opinion on this one once I properly get into it I suppose. If it implements zombie's like Leon's campaign it could turn out well. But if it's more dumbasses with guns for enemies like Chris' campain I will grow tired of it, Nemesis monsters or not.

BioShock Infinite was great. Would go so far as to call it one of the best games of this current generation. I loved the flow of it, and the first half in particular was something special. Was put off by the change in tone towards the end, and the metaphysical nature of the ending itself. I mean the ending was actually very well written, and was built by design to fit perfectly into the rest of the story. It's just a direction I wish they didn't take is all.

Would give it high marks in storytelling and gameplay quality, but as a personal thing after sitting through it all something was missing/taken away that prevents true satisfaction with the whole thing.

SPOILERS...

Close to finishing Far Cry 2.

I can see why this game got such a bad rep. It almost seems like the game was designed to frustrate players. If it weren't for the manual save/quicksave feature on the PC, I would've probably given up.

Currently in the process of playing Resident Evil 6... and I'm too sure it's worth the effort. The series took a wrong turn with Resident Evil 5, and this is just them taking it further down said path. I've played two chapters of Leon's campaign, and one each of Chris and Jake's, so I feel the need to comment on them individually.

Resi 6 is in fact my next game to play. Hopefully it won't frustrate me as much as FC2. I think RE5 was okay, not nearly as amazing as RE4, but it was passable.

Anyone in here playing Gears of War Judgement? If so, better than 3 or not worth picking up....

I've yet to play it, but I've heard mixed things about it. I'm passing on it until a price drop myself.

Started The Last Story a few days ago. Fun game, but damn the Wii looks bad on my HDTV

Getting ready to do a XCOM: Enemy Unknown playthrough. If anyone out there likes turn-based strategy games you should check it out.

I wanna play it, but I'm afraid that I'm just going to pay for a game remake that doesn't live up to the original, and I don't want it ruined for me :( tell me how it goes?