The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What Are You Currently Playing?

Lord of the Rings War in the North

-Probably the most average game I've played in my life. Every facet of the game just screams adequate. Lol. Just playing it and going through the motions.

Haha, I wanted to play that when it came out and totally forgot about it. It's that bland eh? That's too bad.

Anyways currently playing

League of Legends

Guild Wars 2

At some point in the future I need to beat Final Fantasy XIII-2.

Haha, I wanted to play that when it came out and totally forgot about it. It's that bland eh? That's too bad.

It's better suited to be a co-op multiplayer game, but that's not how I'm going through it.

If it had previously piqued your interest, then it may be worth checking out. Just not with high expectations.

There's nothing really wrong with the game... but nothing really all that right with it either.

Sounds like a Treebeard line.

Only if it took him 15mins to type :lol:

I'm playing: MW3, Skyrim, NHL 12 (will not be buying 13 due to the terrible demo), the original Assassin's Creed, Medieval Total War I and Football Manager 12.

Once I find a series I like, I stick to it. I'm not very experimental when it comes to gaming.

Was playing The Walking Dead game. I hate the show, but I got into the game with the understanding that it was nothing like the show. The first episode of the game was great. The second episode was alright...

... But the third episode "the long road ahead", well it's been utter garbage. On so different many levels. It has completely sapped away all the enthusiasm I had about this game.

Just seriously, it was crap.

It's posed as a game about choice, but this episode makes sure that everything you did in the past just doesn't matter. It just forces whatever it had planned to happen, without your input.

That, plus it's taking storytelling clues from the stupid show now, so all you get is bitching, whining, and more bitching from all the characters, followed by a bunch of pointless deaths.

The kicker of course being that all these people have to die despite the choices you made. Your choices don't matter.

This episode pretty much turns the premise of the game into a lie.

Edited by g_bassi13

It's posed as a game about choice, but this episode makes sure that everything you did in the past just doesn't matter. It just forces whatever it had planned to happen, without your input.

That, plus it's taking storytelling clues from the stupid show now, so all you get is bitching, whining, and more bitching from all the characters, followed by a bunch of pointless deaths.

The kicker of course being that all these people have to die despite the choices you made. Your choices don't matter.

This episode pretty much turns the premise of the game into a lie.

So...like Mass Effect 3. Damn.

So...like Mass Effect 3. Damn.

Pretty much, yeah.

I will probably give the 4th episode a chance, but there was too much damage done here for stuff to actually be fixed.

Aside from breaking the series, the third episode was pretty unbearable and boring to play itself. There was no sense of intrigue, which is a stark contrast from the tension in the first two episodes.

There's the problem that I just don't care about whoever's with me right now. It wasn't who I chose, but rather who the game forced onto me. They could all die 5 minutes into the next episode for all I care.

I like the Walking Dead games so far ( I do like the show a lot though ) I do agree the choices you make don't really matter, It just changes small things.

I picked up WWE 12 the other day and I've been playing that a bit. It's pretty fun

I like the Walking Dead games so far ( I do like the show a lot though ) I do agree the choices you make don't really matter, It just changes small things.

I picked up WWE 12 the other day and I've been playing that a bit. It's pretty fun

The first episode was really great. The second episode was pretty good as well. I don't have much negative to say unless I start nitpicking. It really benefited from being nothing like the show...

...The third episode on the other hand, I'm struggling to find a good thing to say about. It really devolves into the exact formula from the show. Lots and lots of nothingness, while trying to fill the void with random and often nonsensical deaths, to try to act like your challenging the viewer and their emotions. It's a cheap trick, and the first two episodes didn't do it really. It's lazy writing that they're trying to mask up.

I like melodrama. A good zombie story needs a degree of melodrama. But I can really do without a Walking Dead Soap Opera. That's what this turned into.

Plus along with all my choices being taken away, they took away my ability to react to a situation in the way that I wanted. In the first two episodes, Lee was following exactly what I was asking him to. In this third episode, I don't get to do that.

I mean, instead of getting angry at the Hobo when he told Clementine about how she was eventually going to turn into a walker, I'm forced to accept his logic. And then I'm forced to listen to his stupid sage hobo advice and agree with it. And then I'm not allowed to continue the game, until I follow through with his advice, regardless of whether I agree with it.

And on top of all that, the game continued to act like he was a trusting best friend, and that he's somehow been through a lot with our team. It's a whole load of crap, really.

I mean, with the way they took player control out of the story, this is now just a below average adventure game, lacking in depth, with a very poor story to boot.