510 replies to this topic

#181 BoggyDepot

BoggyDepot

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:52 PM

Second playthrough of Dishonored. Doing a Ghost run on Very Hard difficulty! Going for the no kills + no alerts achievement,

I thought I had explored every single corner of each level but just by playing it differently I've already found several new places and ways to complete missions.
------------------------------------------------------------

#182 g_bassi13

g_bassi13

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,207 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:55 AM

Am finishing up Borderlands 2, while replaying XCOM. But besides that I have started Dishonored as well. I'm only part way through the second mission, but it's been awesome thus far. There's a true element of stealth, along with the incentive to take that more difficult non-lethal route. Great setting, great environments, varied gameplay, and what I would call an interesting set up to it's story that I'm very much looking forward to following through on.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

On the off-chance I die, gbassi, I love you.

#183 Masamune

Masamune

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 03:17 AM

I must enjoy self-destruction because Final Fantasy XIII has emerged as my current addiction. Does anyone actually exp-grind here? I never have until yesterday, and all because I wanted to expand into secondary roles early on in the game for fun (and by fun I mean teaching the characters with the lowest HP all the tank skills)...mostly linear gameplay and monotonous grinding...yeah...this is the life...

#184 TimberWolf

TimberWolf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,288 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:42 AM

Discovering Saints row 2 and 3 are in the spirit of San Andreas. Just wacky fun full of silly surprises.

For example in 2 I was about to head for an activity when this happened:

Just couldn't stop laughing, it was just awful.

Edited by TimberWolf, 25 October 2012 - 08:43 AM.

I was saying Lu-Urns...

star-wars-hockey-goal.gif?w=284

#185 GodzillaDeuce

GodzillaDeuce

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:06 PM

I must enjoy self-destruction because Final Fantasy XIII has emerged as my current addiction. Does anyone actually exp-grind here? I never have until yesterday, and all because I wanted to expand into secondary roles early on in the game for fun (and by fun I mean teaching the characters with the lowest HP all the tank skills)...mostly linear gameplay and monotonous grinding...yeah...this is the life...

yeah I maxed my crystarium everytime a new section was unlocked, was lots of delicious grinding lol. but it was nothing compared to maxing the sphere grid in ffx. ???? luck spheres

Edited by GodzillaDeuce, 25 October 2012 - 08:08 PM.

well I'm sorry that gd is soo perfect

#186 Mr. White

Mr. White

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:49 AM

NHL 13, Black Ops, Forza 4
Posted Image
^VanCauck93^

#187 Masamune

Masamune

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 02:02 PM

yeah I maxed my crystarium everytime a new section was unlocked, was lots of delicious grinding lol. but it was nothing compared to maxing the sphere grid in ffx. ???? luck spheres

I'm glad it caps you out, honestly. I regretted my decision pretty quickly. Made Oerba and it's still too easy. Next time I'll probably just grind up the secondary roles and invest in the primaries by doing missions. I think I'm gonna save the Sphere Grid grinding for the FFX aftergame.

#188 GodzillaDeuce

GodzillaDeuce

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 02:22 PM

once you max out the sphere grid your characters are ridiculously over powered. I can take down nemesis with a single character. I guess there's still some challenges in the PAL version, but in the NA version there's nothing to match a filled out sphere grid

#189 Strawberries

Strawberries

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,563 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 02:47 PM

nba2k13
Posted Image

#190 Masamune

Masamune

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:20 AM

once you max out the sphere grid your characters are ridiculously over powered. I can take down nemesis with a single character. I guess there's still some challenges in the PAL version, but in the NA version there's nothing to match a filled out sphere grid

Unfortunately, mine is NA. Ah well... Just picked up Radiant Historia, of which I have heard nothing but good. I will report with my findings.

#191 Alchemy Time

Alchemy Time

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,796 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:53 PM

Replaying Kingdom Hearts 1+2. I'd forgotten how truly fantastic these game are. They can appeal to every age group, that's what makes them great. My girlfriend makes fun of me for playing them though...
Posted Image

#192 ChenWei91

ChenWei91

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,400 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:29 PM

Replaying Kingdom Hearts 1+2. I'd forgotten how truly fantastic these game are. They can appeal to every age group, that's what makes them great. My girlfriend makes fun of me for playing them though...

Those two games literally made me a nicer person. If I still had a tube tv, I'd play replay it instantly.

(>'-')>Posted Image<('-'<)

#193 Masamune

Masamune

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:27 PM

Haven't played Radiant Historia all that much, but I did grab Rayman Origins on XBL. Lots of fun, but much better co-op than it is solo. I prefer it to NSMB, personally.

#194 Alchemy Time

Alchemy Time

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,796 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:09 PM

Haven't played Radiant Historia all that much, but I did grab Rayman Origins on XBL. Lots of fun, but much better co-op than it is solo. I prefer it to NSMB, personally.

Bought it for my youngest brother (11 years old) for his birthday cause it was $10 at walmart and i'd heard great things about it. We ended up playing it 7 hours straight.
Posted Image

#195 Masamune

Masamune

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:33 AM

Bought it for my youngest brother (11 years old) for his birthday cause it was $10 at walmart and i'd heard great things about it. We ended up playing it 7 hours straight.

It's a riot. Anyone who wants to know, watch JoshJepson and SuperJeenius playing it on youtube. You will be enlightened.

#196 Kerrsil

Kerrsil

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,034 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 03:09 PM

Champions Online and Star Wars the Old Republic, not in that order.

both are good games. Anyone else playing them currently?
"For sure, I agree with that," Hamhuis said of the impact of the Sedins on the Canucks' culture. "The way we handle difficult situations, losing, is very reflective of how they handle it. You never see them get too upset or too down; they're very confident people and that is transferred over to the whole team. When we win a big game, there's not a lot of excitement in the dressing room; it's just what we do. It's what we expect."

Posted Image

#197 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:38 PM

Mostly Minecraft, Skyrim and now Halo 4, but I'm waiting for Xenonauts, I played the demo it looks good. I wasn't really impressed with X-COM Enemy Unknown, it was nothing like how I hoped it would be.

Edited by Gumballthechewy, 11 November 2012 - 08:38 PM.

Don't take anything I say seriously! EVER!

#198 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,470 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:55 AM

Champions Online and Star Wars the Old Republic, not in that order.

both are good games. Anyone else playing them currently?

playing star wars the old republic doing dailies with my jedi sentinel but went back to my sith to get the buffs for my jedi then will be doing my bounty hunter

#199 CanuckianOne

CanuckianOne

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:34 PM

Been playing Halo 4, CoD: BO2, AC3, and NHL 13

g3HKFnX.png

#200 Madness

Madness

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,544 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:56 PM

Been playing Black Ops II the last few days.

We All Go a Little Mad Sometimes

cookie.png

#201 g_bassi13

g_bassi13

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,207 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:57 PM

The Walking Dead Game, episode 5. It sucked. It legitimately tried to call back on whatever player choices were made that weren't already destroyed (most of them had been undone during the crapty 3rd episode).

But what put the nail in the coffin was the story. I really just didn't care about anything that was happening anymore. It had something to do with the bait and switch they pulled in episode 3, where every little thing you built up was gone. It also had to do with how that episode reset all the gross progression that the story had made.

I'm making this a post without spoilers, so I'll say just this. At the ending I was not sad. Not at all. I was bored out of my mind, and hoping that the credits would just start rolling already.
I'm a person that gets very easily attached to characters and stories, so to fail handily in that regard is not an easy task for a writer.
There are parts in the whole story that are just so well handled, and so well told. But the parts that suck just overshadow everything to the point where there is no purpose to the story anymore.

I mean to start off with, you were already only left with a rag tag team of their choosing, not yours. I like that they played the trust factor and all into who sides with you, but there were only 4 douchebags to choose from in the first place. Everyone was gone, and in the end, the whole experience just turned out to be something preset on their part. From what I can tell (having only played it the once), different people die in different parts during this last episode... but again, it's only those 4 specific douchebags, as the game had already conveniently eliminated whoever it wanted already.

The thing had so much promise, and many bright spots. But the end product is just a largely linear piece of poor storytelling, where you jump through nearly every hoop they want you to.

Episode 5 puts emphasis on the poor story telling. Although it's not as cheap and awful as episode 3 was, it was bad in it's own way. It's not a good game, and it's not one I recommend at all (which is sad considering all the great hope I had after the first episode.)

#202 TIGER SINGH

TIGER SINGH

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 989 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:39 AM

Black Ops 2
Posted Image
Thanks -Vintage Canuck- for the awesome sig!

#203 GodzillaDeuce

GodzillaDeuce

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:33 AM

Had a quick play through of Halo 4 on easy, and it was still kind of hard lol.

when I bought Halo 4 I also bought Final Fantasy XIII-2 because it was only $20. Just finished playing it the other day and it was about as lame as FXIII lol, corny story with bad characters and worse music, but the gameplay was fun. BUT the ending was epic, it started off super cheesy like a regular Final Fantasy game, but then the twist came in and I was like "rad".

#204 GLASSJAW

GLASSJAW

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,270 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:42 PM

what an amazing game. part 1 and 2. just perfect. people used to make fun of me, too. i mean, i understand why... but still. their loss.

rsz_mad_men.jpg

le temps restitué

#205 CanucksHD

CanucksHD

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,234 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:55 AM

So a few weeks back, I completed Max Payne 3 and I highly recommend it.
Also played through Assassins Creed 3 and I ended up collecting everything there was, plus doing all of the side missions.
Hitman is up next...

#206 g_bassi13

g_bassi13

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,207 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:25 AM

So a few weeks back, I completed Max Payne 3 and I highly recommend it.
Also played through Assassins Creed 3 and I ended up collecting everything there was, plus doing all of the side missions.
Hitman is up next...

Bizarre, because those are the exact 3 games that I'm playing at the moment. Well, those 3, plus Far Cry 3. I've bought way too many games recently, lol. All of them within the last week and a bit.

Edging slowly through the 4 of them at the same time.

#207 GodzillaDeuce

GodzillaDeuce

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:03 PM

http://www.oldspicesavestheworld.com/

how come i never heard of this til today???

#208 The Wizard of AZ

The Wizard of AZ

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,701 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:45 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcdCMyK4ukQ

what an amazing game. part 1 and 2. just perfect. people used to make fun of me, too. i mean, i understand why... but still. their loss.

Traverse town has great music. Could sit there listening to that like minute loop over and over again.

Currently playing Fable 3. I tried playing Final Fantasy 13 on Xbox but felt so dirty. Plus the game sucks

Posted Image

#209 Monty

Monty

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,539 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:50 AM

Have been playing through Hitman for the last 2 weeks. Frustrating, frustrating, frustrating, but fun.

I'm on the highest difficulty, which is why it is taking so long to get through. But then the game lasts that much longer.

Can't really rate it at this point, but so far I'd give it a 7/10. As a lot of reviews have stated, the tone is so much different than the previous games in the series. While you can get through the levels by stealth alone, some levels are near impossible at times to do so without at least being seen (especially if you try going through without disguising yourself, which is always my goal). While I understand because I'm at the hardest difficulty, the game is far less forgiving, I have spent days on at least two of the levels in particular. While other levels I can cruise through on either the second or third try without being seen. The sad part of this is that those are sometimes the levels I would like to be more difficult (ie: Court Level).
Kinda hot in these rhinos.

You are a worse psychiatrist than you are a son in law, and you will never get work as an actor because you have no talent.

[http://media3.giphy....Cl8Y/giphy.gif]

#210 g_bassi13

g_bassi13

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,207 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:48 PM

Have been playing through Hitman for the last 2 weeks. Frustrating, frustrating, frustrating, but fun.

I'm on the highest difficulty, which is why it is taking so long to get through. But then the game lasts that much longer.

Can't really rate it at this point, but so far I'd give it a 7/10. As a lot of reviews have stated, the tone is so much different than the previous games in the series. While you can get through the levels by stealth alone, some levels are near impossible at times to do so without at least being seen (especially if you try going through without disguising yourself, which is always my goal). While I understand because I'm at the hardest difficulty, the game is far less forgiving, I have spent days on at least two of the levels in particular. While other levels I can cruise through on either the second or third try without being seen. The sad part of this is that those are sometimes the levels I would like to be more difficult (ie: Court Level).

I agree with the general assessment there. The game is full of ups and downs in how well it plays.

The thing I can appreciate though is that along with the change in playstyle of the series, there was a keeping in the level of detail in the game. And the visual style of the game of the game is impeccable... as long as it's not doing things like throwing stripper nuns at the screen.

I can say overall I quite enjoyed the game. Based on initial fears of how bad the game could have been, it probably met the higher end of my expectations.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.