The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What Would Your Second Poerplay Unit Look Like

canucks10271999

Instead of editing your post to correct your poor spelling you could've just edited your title there by taking away my chance to say

"If you can't spell powerplay, you probably shouldn't be starting a new thread on CDC"

(That's right I'm the grammer police and you've been busted lol, in all fairness every 2nd word I type is mispelled so I wouldn't pay too much attention to what I have to say"

There will be a small fine of 2500 dollars though plz :frantic:

Instead of editing your post to correct your poor spelling you could've just edited your title there by taking away my chance to say

"If you can't spell powerplay, you probably shouldn't be starting a new thread on CDC"

(That's right I'm the grammer police and you've been busted lol, in all fairness every 2nd word I type is mispelled so I wouldn't pay too much attention to what I have to say"

I would not be hesitant at all if (God forbid) the PP isn't working to switch Booth in for Kesler, just so that there can be two offensive units able to attack. Danny - Hank - Booth, with David working at the front of the net while the Twins work around,

and Hansen - Kes - Higgins/ Burrows for the 2nd unit. I'd work Jannik as a shooter OR play maker with speed and defensive conscience, while Kes can hopefully regain his sniping game, and Higgins/ Burr can work screens.

Regardless, GO CANUCKS! #OneGameOneStep

I'd like to see this but it probably won't happen given Kassian's ice time.

Booth - Higgins - Kassian

Salo - Ballard

Kassian works down low and in front of the net, Ballard is the main passer from the point, Salo is the big shot, Booth and Higgins work for rebounds and use their speed.

Honestly, I don't like Booth on the pp, it seems like he frequently loses the puck while trying to gain entry into the zone, or ends up giving the puck by the boards. I think I would like to see it mixed up a bit with:

Burrows - Higgins - Hansen/Lappy

Ballard - Salo

I'm not a big fan of Kesler on the top unit with Cody gone. Leaves a big hole with the second unit.

• 1st Unit

• D. Sedin - H. Sedin - C. Higgins

• A. Edler - K. Bieksa

• 2nd Unit

• D. Booth - R. Kesler - A. Burrows

• M. Raymond - S. Salo

Higgins is a hard worker, gets to the hard areas, and is great at the cycle game. I think he'd work well w/ the twins on the PP, although he's not the best at screening the goalie (tends to move to the side), so he'd need to work on that part of his game, but I don't think it would be a huge problem for him.

For the second unit, it needs someone who's a playmaker. Unfortunately, after Henrik and Daniel, our next best guy in this regard is Burrows, so he goes to the second unit despite being less than ideal in that regard. Booth and Kesler both have solid shots and go hard to the net, Salo has a bomb that needs to be respected, and I've always like Raymond on the point. His speed and ability to protect the puck breaks down the box and opens up lanes, not to mention you have 4 excellent skaters on that unit, so zone entries should be easier.

Archived