The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

No Raymond Could Have Been Good For Kassian And 2Nd Line

Sixteen W's

Raymond has proven beyond a doubt that he's nothing close to a playoff performer. On his own, he's a decent hockey player, defensively sound most of the time with occasional offense. The problem seems to be coaching that can't seem to accept he's no longer a top six forward and keep trying him out for the first or second line.

It's hard to find where Raymond fits on the team. He's not a top six forward anymore, and he's not really the type of third line player the Canucks want in terms of size or grit.

I tend to think Raymond's presence has prevented there being better chemistry in the second line. Kassian had a decent few games playing with Booth and Kesler, and they were often dominant for stretches. However, after a few bad games, Kassian was back in the fourth line and Raymond into the second line because he was available as an option. Same with Higgins.

If there wasn't Raymond, the Canucks may have been forced to continue playing a second line with Kassian or Higgins and sticking with it.

I'm not saying this would have made a difference, but I would have rather seen the team try developing Kassian instead of investing so much in Raymond.

Raymond has proven beyond a doubt that he's nothing close to a playoff performer. On his own, he's a decent hockey player, defensively sound most of the time with occasional offense. The problem seems to be coaching that can't seem to accept he's no longer a top six forward and keep trying him out for the first or second line.

It's hard to find where Raymond fits on the team. He's not a top six forward anymore, and he's not really the type of third line player the Canucks want in terms of size or grit.

I tend to think Raymond's presence has prevented there being better chemistry in the second line. Kassian had a decent few games playing with Booth and Kesler, and they were often dominant for stretches. However, after a few bad games, Kassian was back in the fourth line and Raymond into the second line because he was available as an option. Same with Higgins.

If there wasn't Raymond, the Canucks may have been forced to continue playing a second line with Kassian or Higgins and sticking with it.

I'm not saying this would have made a difference, but I would have rather seen the team try developing Kassian instead of investing so much in Raymond.

You know what they say:

Everybody Loves Raymond

Yah but this Raymond is way more loveable than that TV Clown. Mason Raymond rocks my world. Dude is amazing, and ya he f's up , but who does'nt? Dude had the knockers to come back from a Broken Back , would I ? Hell no! Even though I'm much bigger and stronger. The Man has my respect, for the rest of my life, I will always have respect for Mason Raymond!

:bigblush:

Let's just all be glad that while Raymond has sucked (apparently) that the rest of the top 6 AND the bottom 6 have gone into BEAST mode and lit us up in these playoffs .............otherwise we would be 3-1 down with our ass hanging out the window.

Oh wait...........

KASSIAN is not ready for Canucks calibre hockey, he looked like a lost puppy out there and didn"t we trade our best prospect in Hodgson for him who had 16 goals with 20 games left because we needed someone who would fight and lay the big hit? Every time there was a scrum he looked like he was more interested in going back to the bench then even throwing a push. Now the physicality is out of the question we sure miss Hodgsons scoring....

Archived