The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kassian Scratched For Weise

samirjaver

That's a whole different issue. If he can be taught and molded then he'll do just fine. I knew that he wasn't going to do squat in the playoffs. He's just too green. Give him a year or two more before you judge him. On a separate note though, MAG will never be more than average. That's where the 'nucks fans should be pissed.

There is no doubt Kassian was a complete failure for Vancouver this year. The Canucks chances of winning this series would have been much better if they had Hodgson's offense in this series where they scored a total of 8 goals in 5 games.

With the Canucks in the hunt for the Cup this year making a trade for the future makes no sense and even the future of this trade looks heavily slanted towards the Sabres.

All that being said, Kassian is also an example of how Vigneault picks favorites. It really is hard to say Kassian was bad in this series given the fact he hardly even played. Even as someone who hated the trade from the second I heard about I still would have liked to see more of Kassian in this series.

The Canucks wouldn't have gotten Kass in the offseason. Kass was in Lindy's doghouse and wasn't getting out any time soon. He was getting traded to somebody before the deadline. More than one team wanted him. Big Kass would be wearing somebody else's sweater today if the 'nucks didn't grab him when they did. That's why Vancouver got him early.

And Gillis brought Kassian in for the playoffs? There is little to no doubt that Hodgson would've been alot more valuable than Kassian has been. I know, I know I'm beating a dead horse right?, but this trade deadline move by Gillis has clearly hurt the club more than it has helped. The timing of the trade was just boneheaded, as it was nothing more than a knee jerk reaction to fill a need in the big bodied physical player department for the playoffs.

This is a thread about Kassian being benched. (Along with Gragnani). So Hodgson is naturally part of the conversation of this thread. I don't think this topic will be over this playoffs, nor should it.

It was a stupid, knee-jerk, pre-mature move on Gillis's part, probably with a lot of pressure from AV. (Basically AV telling Gillis he doesn't care how much better Hodgson is playing...he's not going to play him in the playoffs so he'd better get something for him NOW)

Laughable to think that Hodgson would buckle in the playoffs. He's only given 100% every game this year, a difference maker in wins against San Jose, Chicago, and Boston and in past pressure situations like the World Juniors, stepped up when it counted. Our 4th leading scorer who made our third line dangerous. A big loss and its inconceivable that he wouldn't have made a difference in at least one of the first 3 games.

Archived