The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kassian Scratched For Weise

samirjaver

Well, why would a team trade away a player who CAN play in this playoff run, for two who we won't use? Doesn't actually make any sense at all now does it? They had to feel they would get more use out of Kassian, being tough and throwing his body around, than they got. Otherwise, they would have just kept Hodgson till the end of the year and made a trade then. The only reason you make the deadline day deal is for help now, which we didn't get.

i would have taken raymond off for weise, but i guess we'll see what happens... it would be nice to see kass on the third line, but hansen plays his heart out every game, so i can't see him being demoted at this point (obviously higgins wont be demoted hes too good)

guess he just isnt having the physical impact the coaching staff is looking for in this series

im loving the top 3 lines though... about time lappy got a shot

Well, why would a team trade away a player who CAN play in this playoff run, for two who we won't use? Doesn't actually make any sense at all now does it? They had to feel they would get more use out of Kassian, being tough and throwing his body around, than they got. Otherwise, they would have just kept Hodgson till the end of the year and made a trade then. The only reason you make the deadline day deal is for help now, which we didn't get.

omg u guys lay off kass,.... what did hodgson do last year in the playoffs?? f --- all.. thats what. Yes that was last year and hodgson could help us now but thats not Kass' fault, its MG's.. and who knows we have no idea what could happen in the future, take it in stride and just support your team and the players

How did this all of a sudden become a thread about Hodgson? :picard:

Get over it already...

As for the lines, I think we'll see Burrows back with the Sedins before the end of the game. Hopefully Lappy can spark that second line though, they need to get going.

Kassian looks a lot like Hodgson did last year in the playoffs, showing some flashes of his skill but overall being ineffective due to lack of experience. At this point Weise is more experienced and will play a more safer game which is exactly what the Canucks need at this point. If the Canucks pull off a miracle and get past LA they will need Kassian for Nashville so there's nothing wrong with giving him some rest.

idiots...

THe Hodgson deal was made with the future in mind.

It wouldnt have been made if some kid named Schroeder wasnt turning heads. He will soon be in the same shoes as coho was in this year, and he will accept his role, and not have his parents cry to management about ice time.

Power forwards with the kind of size that Kassian has traditionally take untill their mid 20s to start to show their top end potential... Now whether he has "it" or not remains to be seen, but I also think the kid needs the benefit of the doubt, and some time and seasoning in the minors before he's considered a bust. He played Junior Hockey last year for frak sakes.... Hodgson was looking promising, but his skill set was somewhat redundant when you consider the depth in the system at that position. It wasnt a year ago that people were calling him a bust aswell....

How did this all of a sudden become a thread about Hodgson? :picard:

Get over it already...

As for the lines, I think we'll see Burrows back with the Sedins before the end of the game. Hopefully Lappy can spark that second line though, they need to get going.

Kassian just isn't ready right now. Most Canucks fans should've expected this. I think he's going to turn out to be a solid long-term investment. That's why Gillis went out and grabbed an experienced player in Pahlsson.

Archived