Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Kassian Scratched For Weise

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
158 replies to this topic

#151 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,621 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:55 PM

I actually noticed Weise a few times.
Posted Image

#152 Vlas=d

Vlas=d

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:56 PM

funny stat is kassian was the ONLY + player on the canucks in the playoffs.

#153 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,938 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:01 PM

This is a thread about Kassian being benched. (Along with Gragnani). So Hodgson is naturally part of the conversation of this thread. I don't think this topic will be over this playoffs, nor should it.

It was a stupid, knee-jerk, pre-mature move on Gillis's part, probably with a lot of pressure from AV. (Basically AV telling Gillis he doesn't care how much better Hodgson is playing...he's not going to play him in the playoffs so he'd better get something for him NOW)

Laughable to think that Hodgson would buckle in the playoffs. He's only given 100% every game this year, a difference maker in wins against San Jose, Chicago, and Boston and in past pressure situations like the World Juniors, stepped up when it counted. Our 4th leading scorer who made our third line dangerous. A big loss and its inconceivable that he wouldn't have made a difference in at least one of the first 3 games.

+ 1

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#154 Vlas=d

Vlas=d

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:04 PM

hodgson was good at playing against 3rd and 4th liners. would he up changed the outcome? i doubt it. can't say he wouldnt of been better than the rest of the team though. everyone played quite poorly.

#155 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 73,796 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:07 PM

What the hell was AV thinking?

After the team gets its first victory (Game 4) and then after puts Weise in for Kassian.

Not a good way to build chemistry when your continuously juggling the lines.

It's time for a change.

307mg00.jpg

#156 DreamHerO

DreamHerO

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,800 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:14 PM

hodgson was good at playing against 3rd and 4th liners. would he up changed the outcome? i doubt it. can't say he wouldnt of been better than the rest of the team though. everyone played quite poorly.

Hodgson shines on the PP and his play-making ability which we were lacking this series.

After the team gets its first victory (Game 4) and then after puts Weise in for Kassian.

It's time for a change.

Kassian kinda did nothing in game 4....

Edited by DreamHerO, 22 April 2012 - 10:15 PM.

Posted Image

#157 Tanev's Smirk

Tanev's Smirk

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:16 PM

It's time for a change.

I actually noticed Weise out there and not for anything negative. Whenever I saw Kassian during this series his feet were not moving.

#158 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,621 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:22 PM

I actually noticed Weise out there and not for anything negative. Whenever I saw Kassian during this series his feet were not moving.

Weise is solid out there. You know what you're going to get. I don't see him as a liability, almost ever. It would be nice if he had more offensive punch, but whatever. As long as he's solid defensively and can lay the body effectively and consistent for his ice time, I'll take it.
Posted Image

#159 bananian

bananian

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:44 PM

I don't think Kassian was supposed to be able to replace Hodgson right away. It's fine if he doesn't end up playing every playoff game.

this is what frustrates me the most. Why on earth is MG trading a proven productive young player for an unproven player who MIGHT develop in the future? It's not like Hodgeson is old or anything.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.