Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Ubc Or Sfu?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
90 replies to this topic

#91 Onions

Onions

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:40 AM

I guess it's too late to apply to McGill...
Graduate school, perhaps...

Well, I think, based on the information that I've gotten from you all, and based on my program of interest, I think I'll be attending UBC in the fall.
Any comments on residence vs. living off-campus?
I'm from Surrey (no, I'm not a rioter) so it would be a 1.5/2 hour commute everyday...

Depends really on how many courses you plan to take.
Science courses take up a large chunk of your time with lectures, labs, and lab work after (usually can't finish the lab in the given lab time)

I live 1.25-1.5 hours away from SFU. It is horrible if I take a lot of courses. It eats up so much time. Time you could be using to study or prep for classes. I'd suggest living on campus or at least "near" campus.
It is also draining on your body in the long run. I didn't feel the effects the first year but the second year definitely hit me hard and dropped my GPA.
So all in all, I suggest you move closer, 30-45 minutes transportation max is a good number to stick to. Anymore and time would be an issue.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.