Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Goalie Situation...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
54 replies to this topic

#31 Canuckaholism

Canuckaholism

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:42 PM

yeah I think they are close to equal in talent and Corey will get us soooo much more than Luongo will

Equal in talent, yeah right. Corey isn't even his prime and he looks way better.

#32 Tangelos

Tangelos

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,011 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:44 PM

Sad to see the team leave Schneider out to dry like that. Played his heart out and they couldn't even get him 2 goals. Embarrassing... Blow it up Gillis. Changes MUST be made
Posted Image

Previously:
6OH!4, Doug The Thug Glatt

#33 Deon

Deon

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:44 PM

Gotta go with Cory, no doubt about it. He is very calm in the net and only allowed 1 goal per game during regulation time on all 3 games he played.

Lu played well and at times is just lights out(literally, the red light remains off) but can get rattled at times. With Lack and Cannata in the system we have an influx of strong goalies. I also think people are undervaluing him, he is worth more than most people think. Luongo by himself can make an slightly below average team a playoff team. I also think Luongo will waive his NTC and wouldn't mind being moved to another team after the playoffs this season.

#34 briana

briana

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:47 PM

Luongo will only accept a trade to 1 of the 2 Florida teams..

He will retire otherwise and the Canucks will get nothing in return.. for him.. That is probably what he is about to do since Both teams in Florida don t have much money for 5 millipn cap hit for 10 years,

#35 GLASSJAW

GLASSJAW

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,326 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:50 PM

He will retire otherwise and the Canucks will get nothing in return.. for him.. That is probably what he is about to do since Both teams in Florida don t have much money for 5 millipn cap hit for 10 years,

How do you know any of this?

You don't

So why are you pretending your dumb opinion is fact?

rsz_mad_men.jpg

le temps restitué

#36 Get real canuck fans

Get real canuck fans

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:51 PM

Can't we just keep them both like Boston did with Thomas and Rask..?

Pretty tough to do that because Rask and TT combined are 6.25 mill this season which is marginally managable, where Lu and Cory would be over 8 combined if we kept them both next year. They could qualify Cory at just over a mill, but Cory would be pissed and would walk away at the end of the seaon for nothing as he became a UFA. Rask is in same spot as Cory as he is a RFA, so Boston will likely be trying to dump TT becauseTT has only 1 more year left on his deal.
Well we could likely get more more for Cory what we need is scoring and cap space. Doubt we will get a top notch forward who makes a mill a year. Cap will go up for every team, not just ours.

#37 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,394 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:52 PM

Ppl are quick to toss Lu away, but ultimately the right move is getting the bigger return on Schneids.

Lu won't be going anywhere unless he wants to. Any real Canucks fan will give Lu the respect he deserves.

Haters go shovel it.

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

2.41 season GAA isn't very impressive. Let's not get into playoffs and his SV%.

Cory Schneider is the next Patrick Roy.

#38 tjolsen

tjolsen

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:04 PM

you're the biggest joke, hope this is part of a comedy routine you do on the weekends because there's no way any of those would happen, Pittsburgh has fluery , why would they want luongo , and if you wanted malkin, you would have to give up Kesler Luongo Edler and a first round pick to start

Yes I think it was made to be kind of comical...lol...but that is way too much for malkin...and I do not think that edler is that good lol

#39 tjolsen

tjolsen

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:05 PM

Can't we just keep them both like Boston did with Thomas and Rask..?

hahah that would be nice but we can not do to salary lol and I am still waiting for tim thomas to finally retire lol

#40 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,321 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:06 PM

Ppl are quick to toss Lu away, but ultimately the right move is getting the bigger return on Schneids.

Lu won't be going anywhere unless he wants to. Any real Canucks fan will give Lu the respect he deserves.

Haters go shovel it.

I personally think Luongo has more value based on expierence, and his accomplishments. All he need is a team, even a city were hockey is number 2, after a bad game, no one will know about it, thus less pressure. But honestly I will love to hang on to both. I still have faith in Luongo but Schneider is clearly better, and safer goalie.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#41 tjolsen

tjolsen

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:06 PM

Equal in talent, yeah right. Corey isn't even his prime and he looks way better.

hmmmI said they are close as of right now...I do not think Corey is as far away from his prime as you think but I mean he is 26 lol....I look at it as a sort of toss up

#42 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,902 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:08 PM

Everyone in the NHL knows CS has taken the throne from Luo, now if MG is true to his words and isnt afraid to make bold moves, trading Luongo would be that.

Tonight was a great example of why CS will succeed in this market, calm, cool, composed under pressure. Ice water in his veins as Kevin Weekes would put it.

#43 Mickey700

Mickey700

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:09 PM

it would be awesome if we kept them both

#44 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,043 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:12 PM

what goalie situation?

we have a starting goaltender and a backup goaltender.
Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#45 Hotdawg

Hotdawg

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:18 PM

Haters go shovel it.

Lovely how your first comment is to toss Schneider away. Trust me Ed, the only thing special, about you is your arrogance, and your extremely low IQ. (take the test online if you don't believe me (which you won't))

#46 tjolsen

tjolsen

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:41 AM

Gotta go with Cory, no doubt about it. He is very calm in the net and only allowed 1 goal per game during regulation time on all 3 games he played.

Lu played well and at times is just lights out(literally, the red light remains off) but can get rattled at times. With Lack and Cannata in the system we have an influx of strong goalies. I also think people are undervaluing him, he is worth more than most people think. Luongo by himself can make an slightly below average team a playoff team. I also think Luongo will waive his NTC and wouldn't mind being moved to another team after the playoffs this season.

hmmm I respect that opinion but are you just going to judge the decision off of 3 playoff games lol...I would talk about the regular season accomplishments lol...true ha can get rattled at time lol...no...he loves it in Vancouver and who doesn't...he will not go to a team that is located where hockey does not matter...I think they are stacked with goalie for the future...and I do not think we will get a lot for Luongo...not what he is worth anyways

#47 DaMacNamedDre

DaMacNamedDre

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:47 AM

If you're going to spend money on a position goalie is the one.
if only we could keep both.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Posted ImageBodee, on 18 April 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I know nothing about NHL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/328055-whats-wrong-with-me
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#48 tjolsen

tjolsen

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:48 AM

hmmm I do not think he will retire he loves the game and is still a great goalie...hmm a it is only like 4.7M a year lol...He does not want to go back to Florida.....

#49 TheCammer

TheCammer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:39 AM

Sad to see the team leave Schneider out to dry like that. Played his heart out and they couldn't even get him 2 goals. Embarrassing... Blow it up Gillis. Changes MUST be made

I love that people say this about Schneider but when the team only scored 8 in the SCF last year, Lou was to blame.

Not saying you are one of those people but Lou was most certainly hung out to dry last Spring as well.
Posted Image

#50 tjolsen

tjolsen

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:36 PM

How do you know any of this?

You don't

So why are you pretending your dumb opinion is fact?

hahaha I was thinking the same thing lol

#51 tjolsen

tjolsen

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:36 PM

it would be awesome if we kept them both

I do not think that is possible though

#52 tjolsen

tjolsen

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:48 PM

what goalie situation?

we have a starting goaltender and a backup goaltender.

haha yes but if we look at it like that...then we have two starting Goalies

#53 tjolsen

tjolsen

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:56 PM

Haters go shovel it.

You do make a very valid point and I think Luongo is not the problem...it is defensive collapses at times and a lack of offense since the all-star break...and true that.....nice signature by the way lol

#54 tjolsen

tjolsen

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:58 PM

Lovely how your first comment is to toss Schneider away. Trust me Ed, the only thing special, about you is your arrogance, and your extremely low IQ. (take the test online if you don't believe me (which you won't))

woah man...at least respect his opinion...you must hate luongo...

#55 tjolsen

tjolsen

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:59 PM

I love that people say this about Schneider but when the team only scored 8 in the SCF last year, Lou was to blame.

Not saying you are one of those people but Lou was most certainly hung out to dry last Spring as well.

Yes I agree with you...He did let in one or two weak goals but besides that he did more than provide the canucks with a chance to win!!!

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.