The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Schneider Did Everything

Patrick Jane

Well yeah, the team was much better last season and almost won the cup... How many playoff wins did Lu have when he was 26? The logic you are using does not make sense. By your logic, Brodeur is still the best goalie in the league simply because he has been around longer.

LUONGO DID EVERYTHING

Been an instrumental starter since arriving in van. Haven't missed the playoffs with him playing the season. Conference champs how many times? gold metal? How many playoff wins? Stanley cup finals last year? Bungled trades that led to a lack of scoring and still Lu got us to the playoffs AGAIN. Thanks as well for being a cushion for Schneider to fall back onto when he had played enough. You helped Schneider look so good, too good.

If we had stayed with luongo, maybe just maybe, we could have got to the second round(haters troll).

Last year, Lu supporters were saying that Schneider's numbers were so good because the Canucks were protecting him from the top teams. This year, he was given many of the top games over Luongo and he played fantastic in them and he improved upon his stats from last year. Then the Lu supporters started saying he doesn't have the playoff experience so he can't possibly be a better option than Luongo. So the playoffs start, Lu plays good but not great, Schneider comes in and plays fantastic again. His stats again are vastly better than Luongo's. Both goalies faced the same types of defensive breakdowns, but only one kept his team within striking distance. Now the Lu supporters have changed tactics again and they're saying that Schneider only managed to keep his numbers so good because he didn't face the pressure of being #1, the type of pressure that has been Luongo's undoing time and time again. My guess? Schneider will prove them wrong again next year, in Canucks blue and green.

LUONGO DID EVERYTHING

Been an instrumental starter since arriving in van. Haven't missed the playoffs with him playing the season. Conference champs how many times? gold metal? How many playoff wins? Stanley cup finals last year? Bungled trades that led to a lack of scoring and still Lu got us to the playoffs AGAIN. Thanks as well for being a cushion for Schneider to fall back onto when he had played enough. You helped Schneider look so good, too good.

If we had stayed with luongo, maybe just maybe, we could have got to the second round(haters troll).

The bias here against Lu is ridiculous. Schneider gets a fanboy thread and understanding for losing the series. Luongo gets nothing but disrespect. Considering Lu has done more for the team, than Schneids could ever hope to do. And I firmly believe Schneids is the one who will be dealt. Why? Because NTC. Because bigger return. Because Luongo has done more in Vancouver. Because any hockey savvy person, puts luongo in net over Schneider as a starter for the entire season next year.

Schneider was amazing like he usually is and did everything in his power to keep the team alive. Hats off to Schneider. It was heartbreaking to see him choked up like that in the post game interview. This guy plays with so much heart and is a wonderful asset to our team. I really hope he stays with Vancouver.

Hats off also to Hamhuis. He, too, did so much for our team, all those little things you may not notice, but which make a difference. I love our team and I hope they don't get too down on themselves. Learn your lessons and move on. Look forward to the next season :)

hats

Schneider was amazing like he usually is and did everything in his power to keep the team alive. Hats off to Schneider. It was heartbreaking to see him choked up like that in the post game interview. This guy plays with so much heart and is a wonderful asset to our team. I really hope he stays with Vancouver.

Hats off also to Hamhuis. He, too, did so much for our team, all those little things you may not notice, but which make a difference. I love our team and I hope they don't get too down on themselves. Learn your lessons and move on. Look forward to the next season :)

I really like Schneider and i hope he does well for us next seasons. However, to be realistic, many of the people who are currently bashing Luongo and praising Schneider will be the first to bash Schneider if he becomes the starter next year and loses a couple of games in a row.

Archived