The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Schneider Did Everything

Patrick Jane

i dont care what people think about how luongo sucked in the playoffs and schnieder was better.schnieder was probably better but u gotta admit the defense sucked infront of luongo. u cant blame him.

Guest Dasein

Going to be tricky going forward.

I'd hate to be the one having to make the decision between Luongo and Schneider.

dont know why people are turning this into a lou vs schneids. I support luongo but it is very clear that schneider is the better goalie. He battles so hard and is a much more hungry goaltender than luongo. The whole team needed to work like schneider, if they did they would have won more battles a long the boards. Who knows what will happen going forward but Deb said it best.. we'd be nuts to let schneids go

i'll give the entire team a pass for this years playoff... considering they had the shortest off season of any team and the most travelled mileage out of any team.. not to mention the fact that we didn't have Daniel essentially the entire series and he's probably not operating at 100%

Everyone says a trade involving Schneider and Stamkos is stupid and retarded for even thinking about it but i think it is a VERY reasonable offer.

Only need to add a few draft picks or role players to the deal and it can be a really benefitial deal for both teams.

Schneider would be a starter for Tampa and Tampa really needs a goalie they can rely on instead of blindly having to pick one of the ones they got to stand infront of the net.

Tampa also has St.Louis who is a play maker that can make other people produce on the team.

Stamkos would LOVE to play for Vancouver because why would the highest scoring player want to play on a team that can't make the playoffs? Even though he is a center, we can convert him like we have been doing to all the other centers.

Sedin-Sedin-Stamkos would be lights out with potential of Daniel and Stamkos both reaching 50 goals.

This would allow for kes and burr to play fulltime together.

He was perfect this game imo. First goal was not his fault for two reasons; Doughty was allowed to skate ALL the way down into the Canucks zone untouched and make a centering pass to Richardson who was surrounded by FOUR Canucks players. They all failed to eliminate Richardson's stick or play the body. Easy goal for him. That's unacceptable at the NHL level. I would have grilled the guys for that debacle.

The second goal; Hammer tries to imitate Bobby Orr, blows a tire and craps all over the team in the process. It's the NHL; they're world class players. Give them a 2 on 1 and chances are they will beat you.

Canucks problems:

1) Shooting top shelf

2) Staying on skates

3) Secondary scoring.

4) Rushing defenseman.

5) 2nd PP unit.

6) Too much money for 3rd and 4th liners and not enough on second line

7) Consistent winger for Sedins as Burrows disappears in playoffs at times.

Not a bad situation for Gillis to be in. Either goalie is going to provide excellent goaltending.

Personally, I think I'd prefer Schneider if only for the reason is that he's the younger goalie. He is a lower maintenance goalie too, which isn't a slight against Luongo even though it sounds like it. I think a lot of the "maintenance" around Luongo is the media overblowing everything he says/does. Nevertheless, it is what it is and I'd prefer not to have that drama.

That being said, Schneider is way easier to trade. And if that did happen, I'd be perfectly alright with #1 between the posts.

ppl dont know crap about hockey what did schneider do lose 2/3 luongo took us to the final proven playoff performer and everyone ready to ship him out...what did luongo do wrong???? someone please tell me what he did wrong this season to get traded this is stupid ship out schneider if anyones to blame its kesler what did he do get shut down by mike richards...this team should try to get rick nash

Last year, Lu supporters were saying that Schneider's numbers were so good because the Canucks were protecting him from the top teams. This year, he was given many of the top games over Luongo and he played fantastic in them and he improved upon his stats from last year. Then the Lu supporters started saying he doesn't have the playoff experience so he can't possibly be a better option than Luongo. So the playoffs start, Lu plays good but not great, Schneider comes in and plays fantastic again. His stats again are vastly better than Luongo's. Both goalies faced the same types of defensive breakdowns, but only one kept his team within striking distance. Now the Lu supporters have changed tactics again and they're saying that Schneider only managed to keep his numbers so good because he didn't face the pressure of being #1, the type of pressure that has been Luongo's undoing time and time again. My guess? Schneider will prove them wrong again next year, in Canucks blue and green.

The reason why I like Schneider better than Luongo is his attitude. When he gets scored on, he gets back up and refuses to look defeated. This sort of charisma rubs off on the rest of the team and boosts everyone's confidence that they can still stay in the game. It also shows during interviews. He answers questions without being defensive, admits when he could have done better, and always seems to put the team first. All of these qualities make him just a more likable person. Even if Luongo played well this season, I choose Schneider simply because he has better qualities that make the team more effective.

Schneider is the one positive out of this season. He is the real deal....I hope that MG doesn't make the same mistake twice and trade away his best young players.

The ist line should be hanging their heads after standing about fishing for the puck instead of taking Richards out of the play. The whole first line was standing about in front of Schneider and expecting someone else to play defense. At least the Sedins made a lame duck effort to fish for the puck whereas Booth just stood there and watched Richards go to the net.

The core of this team needs a shake up.

Go Ottawa Go!

Archived