The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[P G T ] - Canucks Eliminated

-SN-

I'm going to be completely honest:

With the teams that are moving on: Los Angeles, St. Louis, Nashville and perhaps Phoenix - I don't care for the West at all. I hope I don't sound bitter, because I'm not - I just want exciting hockey. I really hope Philly or Ottawa takes the Stanley Cup.

As for the Canucks. Disappointed with a lot of players - but in general, I'm proud of the team. Good job boys and hopefully next season will end differently.

For the team who was eliminated 2nd last a year ago, to the team who was eliminated 4th first now. My how things changed.

I hope we've seen the last of Gillis, the blame lands squarely on his shoulders. From not picking up a top 4 d-man last summer to partner Edler, to the Booth trade, to the Hodgson trade. He gutted this team and left nothing for the future. Detroit, Ottawa, St Louis and NYR could all call up talented prospects from the farm team. Canucks don't have that luxury as there is no one on the farm. They were left with 1 scoring line and a great goaltender who was drafted by someone else.

Extremely disappointed with the entire team except Sedins, Hansen, Schneider and Lu. Once the playoffs started, they all disappeared - Kesler much earlier. This team needs a large makeover this summer, I don't care who goes except for the Sedins and Schneid. And I hope someone other than Gillis is making the decisions.

Well I'm pretty disappointed but not overly devastated since I knew the odds were already stacked against us, and I was prepared to lose.

Good season guys, first round upsets happen to even the best of teams. LA is a good team and I've got respect for them. At least we didn't go down without a fight.

There will be some holes to fill this offseason, but I doubt big sweeping changes will happen. I hope MG can make the necessary moves to keep our important players in Vancouver and upgrade the things that need to be upgraded so we can come back stronger than ever next season.

Time to go enjoy the rest of spring and summer, follow the offseason moves, and look forward to getting back in action next year.

.Well I'm pretty disappointed but not overly devastated since I knew the odds were already stacked against us, and I was prepared to lose.

Good season guys, first round upsets happen to even the best of teams. LA is a good team and I've got respect for them. At least we didn't go down without a fight.

There will be some holes to fill this offseason, but I doubt big sweeping changes will happen. I hope MG can make the necessary moves to keep our important players in Vancouver and upgrade the things that need to be upgraded so we can come back stronger than ever next season.

Time to go enjoy the rest of spring and summer, follow the offseason moves, and look forward to getting back in action next year.

man.... I have so many different thoughts.... a lot on the Canucks, mistakes they made, dissapointments, a lot on all the stupid posts I'm reading on this thread, and then also the sympathetic side of me has a lot I wanna say in defense of the Canucks as well. At the end of the day though I'm just in shock and in a lot of pain after that goal..... very upset right now, hate losing and hate it even more when favored to win :s

This whole year felt weird. It really didn't feel like we finished first in the league with the kind of season we had. There were many times during the year that we didn't play good, and still won.

Kesler had a terrible year, and that continued in the playoffs. I don't know what happened to him, but I really feel he'll be back next year, and have a MUCH better year.

We don't need a new coach, we need to get bigger. Again, we were dominated physically in the series and lost.

I'm unsure of the contracts that we have with players, but for next year:

Trade Raymond, I can't stand this guy anymore. His game doesn't change and he gets bumped off the puck way too easily.

Keep Higgins and Lappy. True energy guys. Higgs played on a third line energy line, it's hard to be offensive with you are playing that sort of game.

Let Hansen sign with a different team. Jensen can take his spot next year.

And finally, Roberto Luongo. Clearly the franchise sent a message with keeping Schneider in for the elimination games. Luongo didn't cost us the series, but in my mind, it would be best for the franchise and Luongo to part ways. And I can see him being traded to Tampa Bay.

It sucks that we're already out of it, but on the bright side. No more stress from our nucks. Last year was crazy, I can now sit back and watch hockey and just enjoy it. Even who I'd wish our nucks were playing.

Next year boys!

Canucks need a power forward - no, Booth is not a power forward and Kassian is not rdy yet.

Top 4 D upgrade.

Kesler has been underwhelming...package him for getzlaf or weber.

Malhotra, Booth eating cap space needs to go!

also needs to go:

Raymond - useless

Higgins - only good in regular season

AV - unable to adjust..

Mostly blame this on Gillis for his ego and making this team somehow weaker than last years.

Not shocked here, I knew it was only a matter of time before the Canucks sloppy play catches up to them again.

Edler - has been B-R-U-T-A-L in this series, lackadaisical when retrieving and clearing the puck. I wouldnt be suprised if MG trades him this offseason.

Raymond - has got to go, the guy is not a top 6 player nor is he even a bottom 6 player. He is a glorified Brandon Reid. I have no doubt he will be gone. MG was a fool to trade Hodgson yet keep Raymond who falls even without anyone touching him.

Malhotra - Great guy and all that, but cant have a player with his cap hit just taking faceoffs, we all saw how effective the rookie 4th line was for LA, i think the days of a one dimensional role player are over.

Luongo - Trading him would be a BOLD move, something MG has said he isnt afraid of doing, tell him the franchise is going in another direction and make him waive his NTC. CS has taken the #1 role and for Luongo and the team, I think its the best thing going forward.

Coaching Staff - Needs to be fired, AV has shown in this series that he cant coach on the fly and adjust during games. It took a Daniel Sedin comeback to almost save his job again, last year it was Burrows. Its time for a new voice, ideas and an identity change for this team.

Time to inject some youth in this team, look no furher to the Flyers, they have like what 4-5 rookies playing??

Out with the old:

Raymond

Pahlsson

Higgins

In with the new:

Jensen

Schroeder

Connaughton

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Jensen - Kesler - Booth

Hansen - - Schroeder

Kassian - Lappiere - Weise

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Tanev - Connaughton

Gragnani - Sauve

Everybody saying kesler is gone is insane and know nothing, he had hip surgery and did not have the summer to work out. It seems as if everyone forgot how Kesler carried the team to the WCF up against Weber, Suter, and Rinne. That is not a one off, watch out for a healthy kesler next year.

GO CANUCKS GO

Good effort by the team but no cigar this year.

The Canucks need a big,scoring PF and PP d man now.

Kass and Mags are years away from potentially filling those roles.

Will be an interesting off season with such an early departure.

Great series by Schneids,Hank,Hammer and Ballard.

Have a good summer all.

To Henrik, Canucks have not had a bad game this whole series. This is why we lost the series. They always blamed something else instead of their own piss poor play in game 1 and 2.

These guys are professionals, they should be able to take criticism and know that they are sucking.

Archived